McNabb traded to Skins!

Guest Need4Sheed

Honestly, I think they are mildly just retooling.

Do teams that are rebuilding have pieces like:

Desean

LaSean

Weaver

Celek

Avant

Bell

Kolb

Vick

Bradley

Cole

Samuel

Tapp

There are still alot of good quality players on this team. Usually a rebuilding team has nothing really. Look at teams like the Rams, Lions, Chiefs, and Raiders. Now they are teams that are rebuilding.

you are somewhat right. i think they are "rebuilding", but it is far from a traditional rebuild. they have a crazy amount of young talent. i think it is more of moving to a new era then rebuilding or retooling.

remember when i said young talent? and keep in mind that the eagles have 5 picks in the top 87. a first round, 2 2nd round, 2 3rd round, 2 4th round picks. it is absolutely insane how many picks they have

entire starting O age

QB- kolb- 25

RB- mccoy- 21

RB- bell- 26

FB- weaver- 27

WR- desean- 23

WR- maclin- 21

WR- avant- 26

TE- celek- 25

OL- stacy andrews- 28

OL- peters- 28

OL- herremans- 27

OL- jackson- 29

OL- justice- 25

OL- cole- 25

OL- jean-gilles- 26

(eagles will draft some o-line too)

starting D

DE- cole- 27

DE- tapp- 25

DT- patterson- 26

DT- bunkley- 26

LB- bradley- 26

LB- gaither- 26

LB- fokou- 24

LB- jordan- 24

(hopefully they draft a LB)

CB- samuel- 29

CB- hobbs- 26

S/CB- jackson- 26

S- mikell- 29

(they will absolutely be drafting secondary

so, the eagles HAVE NO STARTERS that are above the age of 30. and majority are between 24-27.

Haynesworth has been a lazy bum. He isn't worth the contract.

But at the same time if we had traded him to Philly, our defense wouldn't nearly be as good as it looks now on paper.

He provides opportunities for guys like Orakpo and Fletcher to sneak past defenses and get sacks. He's valuable to the team despite what he's making per year. Doesn't really matter either because well, it is Snyder that is paying him, so I could careless.

Kolb made it known that he'd refuse to do a contract extension unless he became the starter in 2010.

I hope Philly doesn't jump the gun and give this kid a Rob Johnson type deal.

remember when i said young talent? and keep in mind that the eagles have 5 picks in the top 87. a first round, 2 2nd round, 2 3rd round, 2 4th round picks. it is absolutely insane how many picks they have

Yeah it's pretty crazy to think about.

We can stand pat and get a ton of quality, young talent, or move up to draft a stud.

I'm seriously hoping and wishing the management doesn't screw up this draft and waste all our picks.

But at the same time if we had traded him to Philly, our defense wouldn't nearly be as good as it looks now on paper.

He provides opportunities for guys like Orakpo and Fletcher to sneak past defenses and get sacks. He's valuable to the team despite what he's making per year. Doesn't really matter either because well, it is Snyder that is paying him, so I could careless.

Well, it's prolly cause I haven't seen enough of him as a Skin to really talk..so maybe I'm just being a bit too harsh. But the times I did see him..just wasn't impressed.

Well, it's prolly cause I haven't seen enough of him as a Skin to really talk..so maybe I'm just being a bit too harsh. But the times I did see him..just wasn't impressed.

Getting Albert probably means no 2nd round pick. I'd rather get the 2nd rounder.

We already have two solid, starting defensive tackles, getting Albert means we'd have to move one of them. Also he has a huge salary, and although that may not matter now, they'll probably configure a new salary cap for 2011 so it'll come into play.

I'm fine without him, like you said, he didn't impress me at all last year. He was a monster for the Titans, during his contract year, but I didn't hear anything about him last year. When I did watch him play, I didn't really notice anything.

Edited by Artesticle

Something tells me Patterson might get traded, Brian.

When somebody on the Eagles board mentioned it...I thought about it more and more.

When somebody on the Eagles board mentions something, I typically disregard it right away :)

Guest Need4Sheed

Brain Baldinger's view on McNabb:

The Eagles should be ecstatic. I view McNabb as a flawed player, and it was never more apparent than in the back-to-back losses to the Cowboys last season. His flaws will never go away. Now, the Eagles get at least two chances to expose the same flaws they've been covering up for 11 years. It works against the Redskins that McNabb is still in the division. Andy Reid can finally stop covering up for one of the most overrated quarterbacks in the history of the game. The Eagles will go to the playoffs. The Redskins will be watching from the golf course.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/

Guest Need4Sheed

Anyone notice at the press conference how McNabb couldn't hide that he was disappointed that this all went down?

You could seriously see that it affected him.

Someone asked him how he felt and he said something like:

"Well, what can I do, I'm a Redskin now.:"

Doesn't sound to me like too much excitement.

Anyone notice at the press conference how McNabb couldn't hide that he was disappointed that this all went down?

Eh, it sounds more like he's out for revenge (despite him refuting it in his press conference, it seems pretty obvious to me).

"I guess 33 is too old now"

After he said that, I thought he was kind of bitter about the trade (and rightfully so), I wouldn't be surprised if he comes into Lincoln Financial Field with a chip on his shoulder when we play Philly.

I think anyone would be disappointed being traded from a team you put your heart and soul into for your whole career. I think he's most disappointed that he never got a title in Philly and probably never will have a chance to again.

• Like 1

I think he's disappointed because he loved playing for the Eagles. He loved his coach and teammates and had been there for years. All he gets from fans now is ridicule, even though the team wasn't going anywhere before he arrived there.