GM1: Portland @ Phoenix

Real Deal

Phoenix has lost the season series to the Blazers 2-1, but one game Jaryd Bayless went on a scoring spree that we couldn't stop. If we can get the first 2 at home, or at least win 2 of the first 3 than I think we can win in 6, maybe 7. Hopefully Roy's injury slows his explosiveness down a bit.

I think we could get the Suns. We did beat them without Roy once, so maybe we can do it with a hobbled Roy.

This season has been freaking killer. I'd like to see any team that has had as many injuries as we have had win 4 less games than they did last season. The fact that Nate wont be COTY is ridiculous.

• Like 1

I think we could get the Suns. We did beat them without Roy once, so maybe we can do it with a hobbled Roy.

This season has been freaking killer. I'd like to see any team that has had as many injuries as we have had win 4 less games than they did last season. The fact that Nate wont be COTY is ridiculous.

+1

If Fernandez and Webster can hit shots and use their youth and activity to their advantage, Portland can win this series. They have every part of a contender besides the star. But Rudy can pick up some of the slack with Roy out imo. Camby and Miller were huge additions as well as Howard and I think those moves will get them into the 2nd round. Either way, should be a good series. Even without Roy, the Blazers have proved that they can win. They won in LA without Roy the 2nd half and won in Phoenix as mentioned earlier without him.

If Lopez isn't playing and Collins is starting at center, that hurts the Suns too.

With Roy having surgery now the Suns should be able to sweep.

Hah! I laughed out loud reading that. The Suns wont be able to win in Portland with or without Roy. If Rudy Fern can find his shot and Martell steps up his game and plays like he was when he was starting, we could very well win this series. The Lakers, Celtics, and Magic are all better than the Suns and we beat them without Roy (including Phoenix), so don't count us out just yet chief.

Hah! I laughed out loud reading that. The Suns wont be able to win in Portland with or without Roy. If Rudy Fern can find his shot and Martell steps up his game and plays like he was when he was starting, we could very well win this series. The Lakers, Celtics, and Magic are all better than the Suns and we beat them without Roy (including Phoenix), so don't count us out just yet chief.

If your going to bring season series into this then I'd be happy to say that we are up 2-0 against the Celtics this season. We're also 1-1 against the Magic. But we're 1-3 against the Lakers :lol:

• Owner

I guess I'm one of the few that remembers some guy named Amare Stoudemire is arguably one of the best players in the NBA in the second half of the season? And in the same light, Nash is still a top three point guard in the league.

Zero percent chance Phoenix loses this series.

• Like 1

^I didn't forget. If there was a 2nd half MVP Amare would no doubt take it. Nash and Amare combined with JRich and Frye on the 3 point line is nearly unstoppable when they hit their shots. Plus Phoenix's bench is outscoring nearly every other teams bench, sometimes starters, almost every game. The Bench is the key to this series.

I guess I'm one of the few that remembers some guy named Amare Stoudemire is arguably one of the best players in the NBA in the second half of the season? And in the same light, Nash is still a top three point guard in the league.

Zero percent chance Phoenix loses this series.

That name doesn't ring a bell, sorry. I think you're making up names again. ;)

Amare has been a beast... if the Nuggets ever lose (they won't :) ) I'd pull for the Suns (Bucks would be my team here but Bogut had to go down -_- )... their chemistry is great... love Goran Dragic's growth as a player, love the coaching by Gentry (who I'd always thought as a crappy coach), Dudley seems to never miss his 3s and defends well, they're playing run and gun and this season (after AS break anyways) they can play a bit of defense. Exciting to watch.

Speaking of Dragic, my fearless pred: kid is gonna be an All Star. He has game... Coming from someone who predicted Durant would win scoring title this year, Gallinari would be the Knicks' franchise player sooner or later (if LeBron doesn't join them), u better believe me :)

Edited by SnakefromHell