GM1: Portland @ Phoenix

Real Deal

Well now the advantage is to the Blazers, and that is a huge advantage because winning in the Rose Garden is very difficult.

That is very key. I dont know if the Suns can win in Portland....

ESPECIALLY if they cant win at home.

Like what was mentioned, Portland is one of the hardest places to play for road teams, so now I'm feeling very confident about this series. If we can win this series, we'll be able to welcome Brandon Roy back.

And yes, Dre Mill does sound funny, I laughed when I first heard it. But damn...the guy is tearing things up for us.

Like what was mentioned, Portland is one of the hardest places to play for road teams, so now I'm feeling very confident about this series. If we can win this series, we'll be able to welcome Brandon Roy back.

And yes, Dre Mill does sound funny, I laughed when I first heard it. But damn...the guy is tearing things up for us.

and the funny thing is prodigy called that he wont get over 20 points tonight becasue Nash has been playing good defense lately lol I really dont know what games he has been watching.

Miller - 31 points, 1-1 3pm-a, and 10-10 ftm-a, 5 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals DAMN!

WOOOOO!!! GOT GAME ONE! I KNEW IT! I love people saying we have no chance. I LOVE it.

You knew it!? So you went out and put a lot of money on the Blazers right? I mean they were handicapped a lot in the spread so it was like free money to your right? :lol:

I can't believe the Suns lost this game they played so good down the stretch and to lose game 1 against a team without it's best player at home. Terrible loss for the Suns.

• Owner

While the TEAM won, most credit goes to...

1) Nate McMillan, because he recognized the mismatch between Nash and Miller in the post, and he took advantage of it more than I've seen any other coach do.

2) Andre Miller, for dominating Nash.

3) Marcus Camby, minus the missed dunk, because his defense was nothing short of great this game.

Phoenix won't lose the series, though. While I hope Portland wins, guys will need to lean on Brandon Roy in two or three of these playoff games, if the series goes seven...and Roy won't be there. Miller can hold his own, but it won't be smooth-sailing every game, and Amare is bound to go off soon.

1) Nate McMillan, because he recognized the mismatch between Nash and Miller in the post, and he took advantage of it more than I've seen any other coach do.

3) Marcus Camby, minus the missed dunk, because his defense was nothing short of great this game.

Phoenix won't lose the series, though. While I hope Portland wins, guys will need to lean on Brandon Roy in two or three of these playoff games, if the series goes seven...and Roy won't be there. Miller can hold his own, but it won't be smooth-sailing every game, and Amare is bound to go off soon.

and what if Portland lead 3-1 after 4 games. Phx still wins?

Miller ballin! Super pumped about this win. Stealin home court baby let's go! Rise up! lol

Damn Tony, I can't believe I doubted them Blazers. Phoenix has their backs against a wall, sure they didn't shoot as they normally would and Amare didn't go off but the Blazers are for real and they did a solid job exploiting certain matchups.

This series can go any way now.

• Owner

and what if Portland lead 3-1 after 4 games. Phx still wins?

No idea. We figured we had it locked up (the Lakers) when we went up 3-1 against the Suns.

Portland is still a very good team without Roy, but once you play the same playoff team 4-5 times in a row, your guys start looking for answers in their superstars. We saw it with the Lakers, and Kobe wasn't enough to topple Amare, Nash and Marion back then. Larger roles for older players...they'll start hurting, no matter how good they are playing tonight.

Sucks, but I have to admit that I still wouldn't put money on Portland winning this series.

No idea. We figured we had it locked up (the Lakers) when we went up 3-1 against the Suns.

Portland is still a very good team without Roy, but once you play the same playoff team 4-5 times in a row, your guys start looking for answers in their superstars. We saw it with the Lakers, and Kobe wasn't enough to topple Amare, Nash and Marion back then. Larger roles for older players...they'll start hurting, no matter how good they are playing tonight.

Sucks, but I have to admit that I still wouldn't put money on Portland winning this series.

But this series will go 6 or 7, you agree or no? regardless of the winner...

I would have to agree, this was a great performance that really hurt the Suns but I just cant see Amare playing that poorly again. Soon the youth of the Blazers will be taken advantge of, just like how it showed very late in this game.

• Owner

But this series will go 6 or 7, you agree or no? regardless of the winner...

I wouldn't disagree with that. Portland will more than likely win a game at the Rose Garden and I think Phoenix can steal one there (almost did it back in December). So I'll expect a 2-2 tie heading into Game 5, and if that's the case, it's a six-game series at the least.

2) Andre Miller, for dominating Nash....and Leandro Barbosa, and Jason Richardson, and Phoenix' absent interior rotations, and...*shakes head* Channing Frye.

So this is now the third year in a row where Andre Miller led an overmatched team to a road upset against a much more talented squad in the first game of the playoffs. If I were a Blazers fan and the trend continues, I'd be very excited for Game 3...and not so much for the rest of the series, lol.

Seriously, it's a shame that Miller doesn't have Roy in this series. He's never had a legit supporting cast to work with, except for an immature Carmelo, and now his best chance to finally get out of the first round sees him playing again, without a great supporting cast.

He wills teams to wins, but somewhere down the line Phoenix' firepower is probably going to wake up, and the Blazers won't have another scorer to take the load off of Miller and Aldridge. But it's always nice to see him simply work his way into a win while people are surprised. He's done this before.

Edited by Erick Blasco