Official "Health and Fitness" Thread

Cobb

I just can't gain weight.....I am 6'1 only like 165. I was at 155 when I finished cutting, then I bulked and got to 165 really fast, took me like a month. Then over the last month I have been eating more than ever and my weight just stays the same. Even taking creatine and whey protein and all that. Either my scale is messed up or my body just refuses to gain a pound. I have gottten stronger and shit but it amazes me when I see a skinny guy who is shorter than me and he weights like 15 pounds more than me, it makes no sense.

Edited by SRV

I just can't gain weight.....I am 6'1 only like 165. I was at 155 when I finished cutting, then I bulked and got to 165 really fast, took me like a month. Then over the last month I have been eating more than ever and my weight just stays the same. Even taking creatine and whey protein and all that. Either my scale is messed up or my body just refuses to gain a pound. I have gottten stronger and shit but it amazes me when I see a skinny guy who is shorter than me and he weights like 15 pounds more than me, it makes no sense.

Try switching over to a mass gainer protein.

It really depends. Before school started I was working out 3 times a week and eating healthy and all that. I loaded on creatine for the first week (taking 20 g a day), then after that I took one scoop of 5g per day for the next 3 weeks. Along side that I would take whey protein in the morning, after workout, and then another type of protein before bed, along with all the stuff I was eating (about 3000 calories per day). I haven't used creatine this month because you can only take it for a few weeks before you have to stop taking it for a while, but in November I am going to use it again. Now I work out like 3-4 times a week depending on how busy I am. I also have been slacking on the diet because I am in school most of the time, but I still get enough calories.

I mean, I should be gaining like a pound or half a pound every week, but I got to 165 and just stopped.

It really depends. Before school started I was working out 3 times a week and eating healthy and all that. I loaded on creatine for the first week (taking 20 g a day), then after that I took one scoop of 5g per day for the next 3 weeks. Along side that I would take whey protein in the morning, after workout, and then another type of protein before bed, along with all the stuff I was eating (about 3000 calories per day). I haven't used creatine this month because you can only take it for a few weeks before you have to stop taking it for a while, but in November I am going to use it again. Now I work out like 3-4 times a week depending on how busy I am. I also have been slacking on the diet because I am in school most of the time, but I still get enough calories.

I mean, I should be gaining like a pound or half a pound every week, but I got to 165 and just stopped.

I believe this would be best for you if you take it regularly.

Mass Complex

That's a myth but yeah I cycle every now and then too...but it's not mandatory to cycle creatine, I know many people that don't.

I am going to try that Hydro Whey, my friend recommended it to me but when I went to GNC it was like 80 bucks. Now its on sale for 60.

Haha my friend went to GNC yesterday and bought the same exact one I got except he paid like 95. SMH.

www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/platinum_hydrowhey.html?MCID=F-GOOG

it's on sale plus it came with Amino Chewables. And of course BB.com always throws in extra goodies like free samples, razors, etc.

Have you ever taken that before?

I have been taking Syntha 6 for a while now but am looking for something different. Thinking of Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard.

Edited by ChosenOne

Have you ever taken that before?

I have been taking Syntha 6 for a while now but am looking for something different. Thinking of Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard.

If you trying to bulk.

http://www.amazon.com/BSN-True-Mass-Ultra-Premium-Chocolate-Milkshake/dp/B000GP0NYM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319924154&sr=8-1

Get this.

Put this in a blender

Milk

2-3 raw eggs

Spoon full of peanut butter

2 bananas

3 scoops of true mass

You got yourself a 70-85 gram protein, 1200 calorie shake if you do this brah and it tastes fuarking amazing.

How did you do on the initial test Slaven?

Beginning it tomorrow with 2 friends. I'll post it here tomorrow.

My benching is pretty weak so I am using this plan to get it up.

If I can go from 15 pushups to 100 that should make my bench skyrocket by at least 50-60 pounds.

If you trying to bulk.

http://www.amazon.com/BSN-True-Mass-Ultra-Premium-Chocolate-Milkshake/dp/B000GP0NYM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319924154&sr=8-1

Get this.

Put this in a blender

Milk

2-3 raw eggs

Spoon full of peanut butter

2 bananas

3 scoops of true mass

You got yourself a 70-85 gram protein, 1200 calorie shake if you do this brah and it tastes fuarking amazing.

Nah man I have been working out for about a year and a half now, im bulked up pretty good. Im trying to lean it out now. I had been taking syntha 6 cuz of its low calorie count. Now i have found out that Gold Standard has about 80 calories less per scoop so im thinking of trying that one out since im just about done with my Syntha 6 tub. My goal it to drop some weight and cut up a little bit now not bulk up further.

Nah man I have been working out for about a year and a half now, im bulked up pretty good. Im trying to lean it out now. I had been taking syntha 6 cuz of its low calorie count. Now i have found out that Gold Standard has about 80 calories less per scoop so im thinking of trying that one out since im just about done with my Syntha 6 tub. My goal it to drop some weight and cut up a little bit now not bulk up further.

That's legit brah.

What weight you at right now?