Official "Health and Fitness" Thread

Cobb

Diesel goes to the gym? He had the body of a 12 year old when I saw him.

To be fair, most people who don't hit their chest on the bench or leg press is to preserve their joints. Same with squats. 90º rule is pretty common.

I agree, I do use the 90 degree rule when it comes to squatting. But if you go down 2-4 inches that is not a squat.

Hitting your chest isn't necessary on bench, I think 3 inches from your chest is perfectly fine, but I still like to get maybe an inch from my chest or touch it.

Edited by Come at me bro

I know it sounds like [expletive] shit, but I was finally able to bench 135 today. When I first started working out IE 2 months ago, I was only able to do 25s on each side of the bar. So adding 40 pounds to my bench in 2 months feels like a huge accomplishment to me. #feelsgoodman

I was at the same level a few months ago man, it feels good to finally have some plates on there and not look like a little bitch lol.

Not sure if you workout alone but honestly bro it takes mad balls to walk into a gym by yourself and put 2 tens on each side and bench. lol I didnt have a person that i worked out with when i first started and the fear (not sure if its the correct word) of looking like a bitch kept me out of the gym alot of the time.

^I have someone to work out with most of the time in Tucson, but back home in Colorado I don't have anyone to work out with, and I don't plan on benching unless I find someone or a spotter. I think it'd be more embarrassing to have to like scream for help if the bar is stuck on top of your chest than anything else hahah.

Does lighting make a difference in how you look? In my bathroom mirror during the day with the sun shining in from the side, I look like I haven't lifted a weight in my life, then I go in at night with just the lights on and I can see my abs and my biceps and veins showing. Kind of makes me wonder how I typically look in day to day lighting lol

Edited by SRV

I dont bench as much as i used to b/c i don't have a partner but i ask anybody to spot b/c i know those ppl well in gym but i pretty much use dumbbell for chest all time and i do a lot butterfly and other workouts for chest. I don't think you necessarily need bench to have huge chest & some ppl think if u bench so much they are bad ass but it isnt true.

Personally I think pre-workouts are a waste of money. I've tried a bunch of them but none of them have influenced my results at all from my experience. I'm sure there are people that disagree with me but I'm just speaking from my experiences with NO-Xplode, Jack3d, Superpump, and White Flood.

Is this a good schedule? This is what im doing this week.

Monday : Biceps, back, legs

Tuesday : Triceps, shoulders, abs, chest

Wednesday : Off day

Thursday : Same as Monday

Friday : Same as Tuesday

Saturday and Sunday : Off day or cardio (basketball)

Is this a good schedule? This is what im doing this week.

Monday : Biceps, back, legs

Tuesday : Triceps, shoulders, abs, chest

Wednesday : Off day

Thursday : Same as Monday

Friday : Same as Tuesday

Saturday and Sunday : Off day or cardio (basketball)

Thats a lot of muscles in one day lol

You should have something like

Day 1: Biceps, Legs

Day 2: Triceps, Shoulders

Day 3: Chest and back

Do abs inbetween sets and you got yourself a sick workout.

When you do a workout schedule don't think in terms of what days you are going but have a routine you constantly follow on like Day 1,2,3.

Edited by Come at me bro
  • Like 1