Official "Health and Fitness" Thread

Cobb

I was thinking something like this

Breakfast - Eggs, Oatmeal or some other kind of fat food which I can burn throughout the day

Pre-Workout - Protein Bar

Workout from like 2-4 on average

Lunch - Pasta with chicken or brown rice with chicken along with a protein bar later and whey protein shake after my workout

Dinner - Brown rice with chicken or just chicken with something else

Before I sleep I take a protein shake

Don't know if that works. I still want to get 150-170 grams of protein per day, but not as much fat and calories. I pretty much just want to get my abs showing, so basically lose like 3-5% body fat and I am sure with all the weights and protein I will continue to get bigger.

My main problem is breakfast. I am not sure what I can eat there. I don't want to eat eggs all the time because my cholesterol already sucks as it is.

Quality is the most important but quantity is also extremely important when trying to cut weight. Make sure you are eat at least 500 calories under your maintenance level if you want to lose weight. You could eat a bunch of great food, but if you eat too much are going to gain weight/fat. Simple as that.

Use this to get a rough estimation of how many calories you should intake on a daily basis: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/tools/bmr-and-daily-calorie-calculator.html

Edited by Guru

It saids I need 2,900 calories per day. So I was thinking on the day I workout, I get about 2,300 calories, and on my off days/school days, I get like 1,700-2,000 since I won't be as active.

I feel like I was eating under 3,000 calories everyday though, but I didn't really keep track of it.

I was thinking something like this

Breakfast - Eggs, Oatmeal or some other kind of fat food which I can burn throughout the day

Pre-Workout - Protein Bar

Workout from like 2-4 on average

Lunch - Pasta with chicken or brown rice with chicken along with a protein bar later and whey protein shake after my workout

Dinner - Brown rice with chicken or just chicken with something else

Before I sleep I take a protein shake

Don't know if that works. I still want to get 150-170 grams of protein per day, but not as much fat and calories. I pretty much just want to get my abs showing, so basically lose like 3-5% body fat and I am sure with all the weights and protein I will continue to get bigger.

My main problem is breakfast. I am not sure what I can eat there. I don't want to eat eggs all the time because my cholesterol already sucks as it is.

You can always eat some fruits for breakfast with oatmeal to get your day going. Or just have protein shake for your breakfast.

You can always eat some fruits for breakfast with oatmeal to get your day going. Or just have protein shake for your breakfast.

Oatmeal with a banana and a half spoon of brown sugar for taste. Excellent way to start your day. Protein shakes in the morning I have been told aren't that good for you especially if you plan on consuming more protein after a early morning workout.

This is actually going pretty well...it has only been a week but I feel better and stuff, I am able to get the weights up easier...anyways, the diet isn't too bad, I actually enjoy most of the food. The first morning I had oatmeal was horrible, I put way too much milk with it and it took me like 30 minutes to eat because of how horrible it was. The second day I put in less milk and it wasn't all that bad. I also bought some eggbeaters egg whites which is good because it has no cholesterol and its 5g of protein per serving.

Edited by SRV

• 3 weeks later...

Got a question about abs. You know the top row of abs, really small that start right below your chest? I don't think I am capable of getting those lol. My middle abs show when I do my ab exercise, but there is no sign of the top row. Which is weird because everywhere I read it saids that the top 2 abs are the first to show. Abnormal body ftw.

Got a question about abs. You know the top row of abs, really small that start right below your chest? I don't think I am capable of getting those lol. My middle abs show when I do my ab exercise, but there is no sign of the top row. Which is weird because everywhere I read it saids that the top 2 abs are the first to show. Abnormal body ftw.

Genetics.

I mean, I feel them, but there is no line in between them. Oh well, hopefully they come around one day lol

My genetics really suck if I can't get my top abs to show but my bottom ones do.

I am losing weight and I am just eating 500 calories under what I need. Losing about 1 pound every week or two and I am still keeping the muscle I put on during my first unsuccessful bulk lol..I find it way too boring to run on the treadmill and way too damn hot and humid to run outside.

Edited by SRV

I am losing weight and I am just eating 500 calories under what I need. Losing about 1 pound every week or two and I am still keeping the muscle I put on during my first unsuccessful bulk lol..I find it way too boring to run on the treadmill and way too damn hot and humid to run outside.

Find a place to play ball then lol

I haven't picked up a basketball since December lol, the guys I usually play with have all gotten lazy and they never want to play any sports. I don't really need any cardio though, I am able to lose weight without it, and doing weights get me tired as crap as it is.

Another reason the treadmill can screw off is because I practically lived on it a few years ago. Back in high school when I had no idea how to workout and had no goal, I would chill on the treadmill everyday for 30 minutes, doing sprints and inclines while running followed by "lifting weights" with no effort at all. After 2 weeks I was bored to death, but I did it for about a month and a half and a few times after that. On top of that I was playing basketball every day in PE. For that reason alone, I ended up looking like a skeleton. I was super skinny, but I had no muscle at all. I know I should be running on the treadmill, but I am doing fine without it.

Edited by SRV

• 3 months later...