Official "Health and Fitness" Thread

Cobb

I can't bring myself to eat enough food to get over 175 pounds. My body just stops growing, and its because I only have enough time in the day to get 3,500 calories at most. That and I don't like the feeling of getting a little bit fat, makes me feel like I lost everything I worked for. I have tried eating healthy while bulking, but that got me nowhere because I barely reached 3,000 calories with eating healthy food and I need more than that to get bigger.

Protein bar

Mass gainer shakes

Big ass can of tuna

Thats easy 2000 calories right there

Like jumping on stacked crates and shit? I used to do it for baseball/basketball

Yeh I'm trying to add a inch or two to my vertical are get a little quicker. I've been hitting legs for a little over a year but haven't seen a whole lot of progress. I'm going to start mixing some box jumps, dumbbell jumps, and squat jumps in with legs and maybe some medicine ball slides. Any suggestions?

Also how effective are those resistance chutes that football and basketball players use? I never used them in high school.

Edited by Simba

Yeh I'm trying to add a inch or two to my vertical are get a little quicker. I've been hitting legs for a little over a year but haven't seen a whole lot of progress. I'm going to start mixing some box jumps, dumbbell jumps, and squat jumps in with legs and maybe some medicine ball slides. Any suggestions?

Also how effective are those resistance chutes that football and basketball players use?

Never done chute runs, I'm sure they'd help.

Box jumps help a whole lot with your vert for sure. Stack until you barely make a jump, but don't be superman because its easy to get hurt when you miss a jump that high. Work at that height (remember how many stacks) until you can go one higher. If you're getting one too easy but not ready for a new box, go up with ankle weights or dumbbells.

Easy stuff I'm sure you know, but do them standing still, bend, and land with bended knees at the top. Stand straight up if there's room before you get down, and be careful on the dismount :lol:

Not sure if that's what you're asking about but hopefully it helps haha

looking for advice and comments...

im gonna buy Serious Mass ( http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/sm.html )

i struggle eating and i have a high metabolism and reading off their little description sounds like its for me. gonna buy the vanilla one

im looking for little snacks any other products/foods i can buy to ramp up my calorie intake. i eat tuna and peanut butter sandwiches. but im looking for bars or chips? idk haha something that will help

looking for advice and comments...

im gonna buy Serious Mass ( http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/sm.html )

i struggle eating and i have a high metabolism and reading off their little description sounds like its for me. gonna buy the vanilla one

im looking for little snacks any other products/foods i can buy to ramp up my calorie intake. i eat tuna and peanut butter sandwiches. but im looking for bars or chips? idk haha something that will help

Get true mass cause serious mass uses a huge huge scooper. True Mass + milk, tuna, protein bars, lots of meat, and stuff like cashews, peanuts, almonds, etc work.

If you have a blender I suggest you put stuff like eggs, peanut butter, or bananas in your shake.

• Like 1

I need to start increasing my bench... have just been maintaining for the last year or so. What's the best way to go about it?

If you're naturally skinny (ectomorph) try doing pyramids

I tried the 10,8,6,15 rep thing by Vince Gironda but with my own twist, I just added a set of 4

So lets say you can do 145 10x, do that, then do 155 8x, 165 6x, 175 4x and last do maybe 115 with 15 reps.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

Had a day 5 day weekend so I worked out my legs for the first time in like 7 months(knowing I will be in pain). I can barely walk normally and trying to sit on the toilet to take a shit is a mission in itself lol. To top it off, yesterday I went to the movies and I had to climb up a flight of stairs to the parking garage, and the movie theater.

Edited by SRV

Had a day 5 day weekend so I worked out my legs for the first time in like 7 months(knowing I will be in pain). I can barely walk normally and trying to sit on the toilet to take a shit is a mission in itself lol. To top it off, yesterday I went to the movies and I had to climb up a flight of stairs to the parking garage, and the movie theater.

You should do some heavy ass to the grass squats and then see how you walk the next day

What''s your routine look like right now?

Pretty much pyramids for all 3.

135 10x on bench, 145 8x, 150 6x, 155 x 4, 105 x 15

135 10x squat, 155 8x, 185 6x 195 4x, 105 x 15

Deadlifting I just warm up with 135, then 185, then do 235 10x, 255 8x, 275 6x, 255 6x and then 185 15x

I was doing deadlift first for like 6 months but now ive been doing chinups first since my deadlift is pretty much above average, and i wanted to get a huge upper back

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

Went one entire week with eating 3,500-3,700 calories a day, probably more this past weekend. I swear that if after a month of doing this I have not gained about 10 pounds, then it wasn't meant to be lol

I already went from 163-169, but thats probably because I always have a shit load of food inside me when I decide to weigh myself.

Edited by SRV