Official "Health and Fitness" Thread

Cobb

I could care less about fillers, it gives me the right amount of protein/carbs/fats/calories I need in my diet. I don't think changing the brand name is not gonna give me any special results.

Well yeah its not going to give you get any special results, but why put shit into your body that's not going to help in any way? Either way i was just saying.

Well yeah its not going to give you get any special results, but why put shit into your body that's not going to help in any way? Either way i was just saying.

The product is helping me get the right amount of nutrients to get cut, and I am looking to get cut.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone here get phlegm and cold throat when running for a long distance or running fast for a short distance? I have been running a mile on my treadmill for about a month, and recently I have started to cough really badly once I finish running. I went to google and I have the exact symptoms of exercise induced asthma. Kind of sucks.

Does anyone here get phlegm and cold throat when running for a long distance or running fast for a short distance? I have been running a mile on my treadmill for about a month, and recently I have started to cough really badly once I finish running. I went to google and I have the exact symptoms of exercise induced asthma. Kind of sucks.

I have asthma, and thats pretty much what its like when I do a lot of running. I don't have exercise induced asthma though, so I don't know how different it is.

Its basically like having asthma, but it only occurs under certain conditions such as long term exercise or really intense exercise. Its weird though, I played basketball and flag football for years and I never got tired to this point, but I do remember it happening a lot when doing the mile run in PE.

Its basically like having asthma, but it only occurs under certain conditions such as long term exercise or really intense exercise. Its weird though, I played basketball and flag football for years and I never got tired to this point, but I do remember it happening a lot when doing the mile run in PE.

I tend to have asthma problems more when running non stop then I do when running with stops in between, so thats probably why you don't have the same issues when playing sports, since you're not running non stop. When I do the mile run, 12 minute run, etc. my symptoms are a lot worse.

I recommend getting some sort of asthma medication. Asthma is very common and taking the medication prior to working out will allow you to get through it and push yourself farther than without. Keep it handy during your run too so that if you get that feeling you can just take some breaths of it.

I ran again today and it didn't happen. I started breathing only through my nose and that seems to have helped. Before, I was breathing in and out through my mouth like an idiot, which is like the first rule of running, to breath in through your nose.

• 2 weeks later...

I slacked big time in May but since June ive hit it off. So motivated this month. I been working out 2x a day by doing cardio in morning then doing my workout later in day.

Hows everyone doing this month?

Doing pretty good. Like you I pretty much took May off. :P

Been lifting 4 days a week though since I got home from school. I try to run every few days. It's sporadic when I'm able to because I have a tear in a ligament in my knee... so it's sort of based on how I'm feeling.

I took a week off to let my body catch up to me, I was working out 6x a week for the hell of it. After my week off, my biceps definitely got bigger, but now that I started working out this week again, they seem to have gotten smaller. Don't know what is up with that, but I learned I need more rest time. I was working out body parts twice a week and doing so much cardio because I felt like being active.

I haven't been using creatine or optium whey for a few months now, need to get back to that.

Edited by SRV

I took a week off to let my body catch up to me, I was working out 6x a week for the hell of it. After my week off, my biceps definitely got bigger, but now that I started working out this week again, they seem to have gotten smaller. Don't know what is up with that, but I learned I need more rest time. I was working out body parts twice a week and doing so much cardio because I felt like being active.

I haven't been using creatine or optium whey for a few months now, need to get back to that.

You don't want to overtrain your muscles. You need 2-3 days rest for each muscle group you train.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Was on the cleanest diet and workout routine for over a month...and then my birthday came around...fallowed by an out of town basketball tourney....fallowed by another friends birthday. So in other words my great ass month has been destroyed in the last three weeks with terrible eating and no workout routine. :( fml.

Bright side :D I'm picking it all back up tomorrow and shits gonna get real again! Leggooo!!

I fell off so badly lately. Early in the semester I was down to workout after like 8 hours of school, and I was "bulking" so I looked somewhat bigger. Then the laziness hit me and I have worked out like twice a week for the past month rather than the 4 times I was doing before. I dropped from 173 to 164 in just 2 weeks and it took me almost 2 months to gain that weight lol.

I fell off so badly lately. Early in the semester I was down to workout after like 8 hours of school, and I was "bulking" so I looked somewhat bigger. Then the laziness hit me and I have worked out like twice a week for the past month rather than the 4 times I was doing before. I dropped from 173 to 164 in just 2 weeks and it took me almost 2 months to gain that weight lol.

Sucks for you mate, I'm 191 now and was 160 a year and 2 months ago. I'm gonna start cutting once I hit 200

I can't bring myself to eat enough food to get over 175 pounds. My body just stops growing, and its because I only have enough time in the day to get 3,500 calories at most. That and I don't like the feeling of getting a little bit fat, makes me feel like I lost everything I worked for. I have tried eating healthy while bulking, but that got me nowhere because I barely reached 3,000 calories with eating healthy food and I need more than that to get bigger.