Official "Health and Fitness" Thread

Cobb

By the way, they do say that if you're doing heavy strength training (meaning, you're an athlete), you should take your body weight (in kg's) and multiply it by 1.8 to get your amount of protein.

So if you're 180, which is around 81-82 kg, you should be taking in 150g of protein and a lot of water.

I drink a ton of water so it isn't a problem. At the gym I usually re-fill my cup thing a good 4-5 times.

A lot of random bodybuilders tend to do double their amount in weight, like some do 350g of protein, which I think is unrealistic to do unless you're taking in 7000 calories a day.

Edited by Yugo696969

• Owner

I just do 1 gram per body weight, and I am at 180 now.

Thing is even though I am eating that many calories a day, I still won't gain fat, like 95% of my gains have been pure muscle.

Like around October I had my body fat and weight checked, I was 163, and had 10.2% body fat, and when I got that checked again around December I was 170, and 8.2% body fat which surprised me even though I was bulking.

You'll gain muscle before you gain fat, as long as you're working out, because your metabolism is really high. You're in the same boat as I am. I eat more than anyone in my family combined, and I don't gain a pound...just have to go to the gym and gain all of my weight in muscle, and a huge part of that gain is more about the water I drink, which helps bulk muscle significantly (since your muscles need water) and the amount of milk I'm downing as well.

I eat a lot of carbs and protein, but not too much...because if I did, my blood sugars would be out of reach, and I'd be all but dead (probably blind again), but that's venturing into a different subject.

Your body doesn't stop working when you sleep. In fact, you lose the most weight overnight.

I know that but ChosenOne stated that you should eat 40 grams of protein every 4 hours and you estimated 240.

Thing is, you can't eat when you're asleep and the average person sleeps 8 hours so it'd be 160.

Did 145 on incline 7x first set

then 3 straights sets of 6

Not bad I guess.

Only a one rep improvement, ouch! haha.

Did 145 9x today, then 150 6x on the set right after, not bad.

I feel like I can pull out 150 7-8x so I should try that next time.

I do it every year.

I put on weight over the winter so in March I go on a DMZ cycle to turn it all into solid muscle.

Then when that is done its time for a cut cycle so I hop on a round of OxyElite Pro.

This will be my 3rd year in a row doing it.

Nearing July I'll hop on another cycle of OEP again.

I get around 30 g of protein per meal, and I eat like 5 meals a day, including shakes and stuff. I am usually around 150-170 g of protein in a day depending on what exactly I eat.

I find it amazing that it took me like 6 months to gain 10 pounds and after one week of not eating as much as usual, I lose 5 pounds.

That what happens when you slack off in your eating mode because you can't skip you have to keep it going. Its tough

Eat like 4- 6 meals per day...or basically just eat every 2-3 hours. Not saying stuff your face with garbage, but just snack on stuff here and there. I have no idea if that really works, but that is what I read a lot.

Eat like 4- 6 meals per day...or basically just eat every 2-3 hours. Not saying stuff your face with garbage, but just snack on stuff here and there. I have no idea if that really works, but that is what I read a lot.

Like small things? Not full meals?

I'm guessing 2 (maybe 3) actual meals and then things like apple sauce, granola bars, etc. every few hours.

----

***I'm also interested in trying Oxy Elite Pro if anyone has some experience with that.