Official "Health and Fitness" Thread

Cobb

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here have a nice bicep peak? I feel like my arms will continue to look average until I can work on that. I have a little bit of a peak, but some guys just have a massive ball right in the middle of their bicep.

I think the peak is more genetic. Some dudes just are able to get when overs that train even more can't.

Also for the dudes that want to put on weight with mass check out DMZ.

Going on it in about another month as I always do b4 the summer cut.

I have a bicep peak but my friend who has 16.75 inch arms doesn't, so its definitely genetic.

I just watched a documentary on Herschel Walker and he talked about how he does about 2,500 sit ups and 1,500 push ups a day. Will that really work in combination with healthy eating?

Well he might do that but thats not what makes you muscular.

I don't think you would have the will power to do 2,500 situps in a day. When I do situps, I hold a 40 pound weight and after like 5 sets of 12 reps I am dead. I do other ab exercises mixed in as well, but if you can do 2,500 sit ups with all that pain, then hats off to you.

Weird thing happened to me today though. I drank like 3 glasses of water back to back because I was thirsty as crap. Then I got the sudden urge to workout on a Sunday (which I never do), so I worked out and drank a whole lot more water. Then I had no milk so I drank a cup of water with creatine, followed by a cup of water with whey protein. Safe to say, I felt like pure shit and I looked like a pregnant man with a stomach full of water lol.

I don't think you would have the will power to do 2,500 situps in a day. When I do situps, I hold a 40 pound weight and after like 5 sets of 12 reps I am dead. I do other ab exercises mixed in as well, but if you can do 2,500 sit ups with all that pain, then hats off to you.

Weird thing happened to me today though. I drank like 3 glasses of water back to back because I was thirsty as crap. Then I got the sudden urge to workout on a Sunday (which I never do), so I worked out and drank a whole lot more water. Then I had no milk so I drank a cup of water with creatine, followed by a cup of water with whey protein. Safe to say, I felt like pure shit and I looked like a pregnant man with a stomach full of water lol.

Yeah, there is no way I could do that many push-ups or sit-ups in one day. Most I could do of each would probably be about 200.

I just watched a documentary on Herschel Walker and he talked about how he does about 2,500 sit ups and 1,500 push ups a day. Will that really work in combination with healthy eating?

lol that seems to be more of a cardio workout out than weights. I would bet against that ripping you up, but not against cutting or leaning.

Edited by ChosenOne

So I've been back in the gym after a couple months off because of a hurt left shoulder. Had my first legs day yesterday so naturally I'm dying today. Leg pressed 430 no problem which I didn't think I'd be able to first day back so that was good.

I have discovered a vein in my lower ab area that leads to my crotch......sexyyyy

TMI. Though consistency with whatever workout routine you do is the key. Your body will pretty much tell you when to do more reps or add more wight to your routine as our workout of choice will become easier and less struggle to complete.

Edited by Art Hues

Found a pretty good article on how to get better at pullups

http://stronglifts.com/10-ways-to-get-stronger-at-pull-ups-fast/

8. Do Multiple Sets of Low Reps. Start with 10 sets of 1 Pull-up. Take as much rest between sets as you can. When 10x1 gets easy, switch to 10x2. Continue until you can do 10 sets of 5 Pull-ups.

10 sets of 1 Pull-up

10 sets of 2 Pull-ups

10 sets of 3 Pull-ups

10 sets of 4 Pull-ups

10 sets of 5 Pull-ups

Once you can do 10x5 Pull-ups, you'll be able to do 10 Pull-ups on your 1st set when going all out. Remember: if you can't do 1 Pull-up, do Chin-ups using the same approach. Worst case use a resistance band.

6. Do Negatives. Grab your pull-up bar and get yourself in the top position by jumping up. Lower yourself slowly and jump back up on each rep. 5 sec count on the way down is enough. Expect lots of soreness using this method

Edited by Yugo696969

Over these last two weeks, my arms have gotten way better. I have a feeling I wasted an entire year of doing crappy bicep exercises that did absolutely nothing lol...must be because I was curling 40 pound dumbbells with horrible form. Knocked it down to 30 with good form and the results are great.

Edited by SRV

Over these last two weeks, my arms have gotten way better. I have a feeling I wasted an entire year of doing crappy bicep exercises that did absolutely nothing lol...must be because I was curling 40 pound dumbbells with horrible form. Knocked it down to 30 with good form and the results are great.

Yeah I'm doing my arm workouts now with less weight/more reps, concentrating on my form and I can already see the results. I'm still doing a lot of weight for shoulders/traps because they aren't where I want them to be yet size-wise.

Edited by Flash