and so the Chicago Blackhawks are the BEST team in Hockey

reno

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What? Those were his wins this year?

The only 3 top 10 offenses he faced this year (with the Flyers) were Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Chicago. He beat all of them. What is your point?

The only 3 top 10 offenses he faced this year (with the Flyers) were Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Chicago. He beat all of them. What is your point?

I'm going on goals scored and Dallas ranked 12th. And look at him with the the Canes exactly what my point was that it's about the defense. Dude lost to three teams in the top ten. HE IS A PRODUCT OF THE SYSTEM!

Edit: His GAA in those three wins is three too.

Edited by Universe

I'm going on goals scored and Dallas ranked 12th. And look at him with the the Canes exactly what my point was that it's about the defense. Dude lost to three teams in the top ten. HE IS A PRODUCT OF THE SYSTEM!

Dallas ranked 9th by my count.

And, I am not sure how many more times I need to say that Michael Leighton is a product of his defense before it finally sinks in that it's my point too.

absolutely. me and phightins have said that many times. but osgood is just as much of a product of the system late in his career on detroit. it was the same thing. and the reason that id rather have leighton is that osgood is 37 years old, no other reason

And I've showed you that Osgood comes in better when it's on the line. So whats the arguement you are making?

Osgood now is not nearly as good as he was even 2 years ago when he led them to the Stanley Cup. The reason Jimmy Howard took that starting job this year had just as much to do with Chris Osgood being an old shell of his former self as it did with Howard playing well.

And I've showed you that Osgood comes in better when it's on the line. So whats the arguement you are making?

you have given 1 stat, his GAA in the finals. that doesnt represent anything. that just means the detroit defense was better then the flyers defense. not that osgood is better then leighton

• Owner

learn something? what school and what are you majoring in again? oh yeah, a completely bull[expletive] major. lemme know when you learn something

nice changing of the topic there. i was talking about your bull[expletive] major and you are failing at life

Leave his personal life out of the discussion, or you won't post here ever again.

you have given 1 stat, his GAA in the finals. that doesnt represent anything. that just means the detroit defense was better then the flyers defense. not that osgood is better then leighton

I watchd it with my own eyes! The year before that he won the Stanley Cup and ten years before that he won it too. I explained how a slow start along with injuries to the Red Wings ruined his season this year but you are honestly saying ML who has shown he can't stop a scoring team is better than Osgood who has proved how good he was just a mere 100 games ago?

Why is ML better than Osgood in your opinion?

I watchd it with my own eyes! The year before that he won the Stanley Cup and ten years before that he won it too. I explained how a slow start along with injuries to the Red Wings ruined his season this year but you are honestly saying ML who has shown he can't stop a scoring team is better than Osgood who has proved how good he was just a mere 100 games ago?

Why is ML better than Osgood in your opinion?

as i said, the ONLY reason why i would take osgood over leighton RIGHT NOW is that osgood is 37 years old. there are absolutely no other reasons. if it was osgood of a few years ago vs leighton now then i would take osgood

as i said, the ONLY reason why i would take osgood over leighton RIGHT NOW is that osgood is 37 years old. there are absolutely no other reasons. if it was osgood of a few years ago vs leighton now then i would take osgood

So you are saying Osgood is as good as ML?

Leave his personal life out of the discussion, or you won't post here ever again.

ok. i didnt have many other options to defend myself after being called stupid and him saying that no one else knows what they are talking about. its nothing new

leighton today > osgood today

osgood a few years ago > leighton today

i have said this so many times over and over again

But all you are saying is age? Where are the facts like I have provided? You wonder why I question your hockey knowledge when I look up facts and you say I must have a lot of free time on my hand rather than discussing the point at hand.

Anyways I'm done in here. I'll just watch over the discussion in this forum not correcting the statements you guys make without and knowledge of the fact because hey, why would you learn something whose taken courses in hockey knowledge because he was becoming a sports journalist and has hockey on TV 24/7.

But that's me, the douchebag.

;)

But all you are saying is age? Where are the facts like I have provided? You wonder why I question your hockey knowledge when I look up facts and you say I must have a lot of free time on my hand rather than discussing the point at hand.

Anyways I'm done in here. I'll just watch over the discussion in this forum not correcting the statements you guys make without and knowledge of the fact because hey, why would you learn something whose taken courses in hockey knowledge because he was becoming a sports journalist and has hockey on TV 24/7.

;)

Here are a few reasons, off the top of my head.

GAA's of 3.09 and 3.02 and SV%'s of .888 and .887 in the last 2 years respectively, with arguably the top defense in the league playing in front of him. Michael Leighton was not even that bad his last 2 years in Carolina, with a pretty [expletive]ty defense in front of him (2.92, .901 last year). And the age is a pretty big factor. Chris Osgood is 37 and getting worse. Michael Leighton has the potential to be league-average for a few more years.

But that's me, the guy who is clueless about hockey.

Edited by Phightins

;)

i dont need any facts to explain that he is 37 years old and at the end of his career.....

and btw, we have hockey on TV 24/7 too. you are no better then anyone else

Edited by fly3rs18

I'll just watch over the discussion in this forum not correcting the statements you guys make without and knowledge of the fact because hey, why would you learn something whose taken courses in hockey knowledge because he was becoming a sports journalist and has hockey on TV 24/7.

This is such a grammatically flawed paragraph.. Mr. Journalist.

• Owner

ok. i didnt have many other options to defend myself after being called stupid and him saying that no one else knows what they are talking about. its nothing new

All of you have been going back and forth that way. You guys think it's too strict here, but then you bring up someone calling you stupid?

Calling someone ignorant and stupid was supposed to be fine, according to many of you. Argue that all you want, that was up for discussion a long time ago. But there's no way you're going to dig into someone's personal life...and that's not up for discussion, not here.