GM7: Boston (3) @ Los Angeles (3)

Lakers and Celtics, Game 7  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hope the reffing is good, I just hope it is a great game overall regardless of who wins. I've just a got a feeling that there is going to be a lot of whining after this game.

Hopefully when it is done, we can say the better team won because they were better and not because of injuries or refs.

Edited by travesy3

Out of the seven that voted Boston in as your winner...none of you think Pierce will get the Finals MVP? :o

I didn't vote for Boston, but I think that Kobe is the Finals MVP regardless of whether or not the Lakers win or lose this game, unless somebody like Pierce or Rondo go absolutely nuts in this game (Rondo with a monster triple double like that one against the Cavs or Pierce with a 35 point outburst). It is just hard for me to really say that anybody on the Celtics deserve MVP because there hasn't been anybody that has really stood out. It has basically been a different player every night that has stepped up for them.

Allen and Rondo carried them in Game 2 but Allen has been ineffective outside of that, Pierce was great in Game 5 but has been mediocore in basically every other game, their bench carried them in 4 but has been non-existent for most of the series and Garnett was great in Boston but has struggled in LA. I just don't see how you can realistically pinpoint one Celtic player as the MVP in this series.

Compare that to Kobe who has been great in this series in every game other than one (Game 3? I don't remember for sure which one it was) on both ends of the floor. He has effectively put the Lakers on his back offensively at times during portions of this series and has done a great job of defending Rondo and Allen, when he has matched up with him. He has really been the only player of this entire series who has been consistent and with Gasol's disappearing act in Boston combined with Artest's struggles and Bynum's injuries, it is pretty impressive that this series has went 7 games.

I'm not saying that Kobe will win FMVP if the Celtics win, but I don't think that you can argue that he is without a doubt the most deserving of the award even if the Lakers lose. I would go with Rondo for the Celtics simply because he hasn't been spectacular in any of the games, other than Game 2, but unlike Pierce, Garnett or Allen, he hasn't been god awful in any of the games either. He has been the most consistent Celtic this series and with the up and down play of the Celtics stars in this series, I think you have to give the nod to Rondo for being the most consistent.