GM7: Boston (3) @ Los Angeles (3)

Lakers and Celtics, Game 7  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Damn 26& shooting and only down by 6, that is not a good thing for the Celtics.

lmao at the announcers making fun of Scalabrini (sp?) and he turns around and shuts down Odom on the drive.

or you could look at it the other way and say celtics do a better job of getting defensive boards in the second half(they done a better job in the 2nd quarter) and then its a 15+ lead

or you could look at it the other way and say celtics do a better job of getting defensive boards in the second half(they done a better job in the 2nd quarter) and then its a 15+ lead

Nah man, that theory only works if its in the Lakers favor, you know this

I loved watchng Scal on that 2nd last possession of the game. Completely locked down Odom.

On a serious note, this has been a great game. Low scoring and a lot of easy looks have been missed for both teams, but the defensive intensity on both sides of the ball has been top notch. Both the Lakers and Celtics have been playing superb defense which has resulted in the low scoring.

One thing that would worry me if I was Doc Rivers is that the Celtics are only up by 6 despite the fact that Kobe and are shootinig a combined 6-26 from the field. The Lakers have managed to make up for it through offensive rebounding and the play of Ron Artest in the 2nd, but you can't expect both Kobe and gasol to continue this kind of poor shooting from the field. If even one of them gets going and the Celtics continue to give up so many second chance opportunities, I can't see the Celtics being able to win this game.

Sheed has played really well today though. He has done a good job of keeping his composure and has been fairly effective in the post on offense. He has done a great job defending Gasol as well. He can have such a huge impact defensively when he actually has his head on straight. The only thing that he needs to improve on is reboundning, but it is pretty hard to keep odom, Gasol and Bynum off of the glass when you are giving up so much size and length.

Anyways, very entertaining first half. I still think that the Lakers are in a great position though. You can't expect both Kobe and Gasol to struggle like this and I don't see the Celtics being able to keep the Lakers off of the offensive glass without Perkins.

Lakers will shoot better in the 2nd half, Boston will rebound better. Going to come down to Kobe, he's gotta make quicker decision off the catch. This is looking too much like the 2004 Finals where Kobe bombed. I fully expect him to come thru.

You keep feeling like the game is a blowout until you look at the score. Boston's collapsing on the ball, which has clearly been effective. Still, L.A. has created their share of wide open shots, which they just can't knock down.

Finding occasional open lanes and some careless errors from Boston have kept the deficit from double figures.

Yea, that was his defining moment for the year. One mission, stop Odom for one possession. He did it to perfection.

That makes him perfect in the finals right? Finals MVP anyone? No one else is perfect, besides maybe Nate. :wub:

Love the different philosophies in the locker room

Jackson - "Relax, use your ball fakes your fine"

Rivers - "PUSH!, KEEP GOING HARD, CLOSE OUT ON REBOUNDS PLAY D"

Interesting to see who's will work, I think I'd rather have Rivers