New York Yankees Or New York Mets Fans

Which fans do you think are worse?

I'm asking this because I feel like New York Yankee fans absolutely rip their players apart if they are in a little slump, and I always see New York Mets fans booing and hating on their team.

David Ortiz had a TERRIBLE start to the season, and I can't recall a single time where he was booed by Boston Red Sox fans, but if he were a New York Yankee....holy [expletive], he would probably be in retirement!

It's pathetic when A-Rod can bat .320, 40HR, 120 RBI's and get constantly booed. :rolleyes: .

My favorite thing about New York Yankees fans is when a Boston Red Sox fan will say something about winning two World Series Championships recently, and the New York Yankees fans always resort to the, "We have won 26 World Series, so YAH"!

Seriously, that gets old so quick.

Nobody is saying that the Boston Red Sox are a more successful "Franchise", but they have been better in recent years, so stop living in the past.

The same thing goes for Montreal Canadiens fans.......

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Phillies fans and Red Sox fans should be disqualified from voting here....tough to figure out who we will be voting for.

Edited by Phightins09

Boston Red Sox fans are probably the best fans in all of the major U.S. sports.

I'm not going to say that the Boston Bruins and Boston Celtics have the best fans because I don't get the same vibe from the fans during the game that I do from the Carolina Hurricanes, Philadelphia Flyers, and some other sports teams.

However, I will say that there is no doubt in my mind that the Boston Red Sox have the best fans in baseball.

I am 100% sure that they have the most fans that travel to opposing ball-parks, and they were the reason the WASHINGTON NATIONALS had 40,000 fans at their game. :) .

Have you guys not witnessed what kind of [expletive]-holes New York Yankees fans are to A-Rod and any other player that is not having an All-Star season?

I know there are many great New York Yankee fans, but to say that the Boston Red Sox are the worst is pretty funny.

I'm not going to say that the Boston Bruins and Boston Celtics have the best fans because I don't get the same vibe from the fans during the game that I do from the Carolina Hurricanes, Philadelphia Flyers, and some other sports teams.

However, I will say that there is no doubt in my mind that the Boston Red Sox have the best fans in baseball.

I am 100% sure that they have the most fans that travel to opposing ball-parks, and they were the reason the WASHINGTON NATIONALS had 40,000 fans at their game. :) .

Have you guys not witnessed what kind of [expletive]-holes New York Yankees fans are to A-Rod and any other player that is not having an All-Star season?

I know there are many great New York Yankee fans, but to say that the Boston Red Sox are the worst is pretty funny.

Doesnt say much considering most US Sports fans suck.

I don't know about that haha. They sure have the biggest following, but most of the fans that show up at the away stadiums are not "true fans" IMO. At least that is what I have discovered by attending Phillies/Red Sox games in Philadelphia. From what I have found, those "fans" are obnoxious and stupid. They don't even know a thing about their own team. And they are all local too, they just happened so start supporting the Red Sox when they started winning. I have come across very few who actually travelled from Boston.

I will agree that the loyal Red Sox fans who have been through thick and thin with that team are very good fans.

Edited by Phightins09

So because they spend more money they are better? Good philosophy!

I honestly don't know where many of the Boston Red Sox fans come from.

I mean, there have a bunch of different teams that have won "Championships" this decade, but the Boston Red Sox following really surprises me.

BTW, Slaven, soccer fans are not really the best fans.

You guys kill people over soccer, and if you think that being a drunk and obnoxious idiot in a stadium that holds 100,000+ people makes them a better fan, you're crazy.

ECN you honestly can sit there and say Red Sox fans are the best sports fans? I'll be fair and say that 10% of all Red Sox fans are true, and have either been a fan prior to the 2004 season, or been fans ever since that was their daddys favorite team. 90% though are bandwagoners, all these "Red Sox" fans came out of the woodwork during the '04 run. So when you say that you have the best fans I hope you're referring to that 10%.

Edited by bigdog17k

I hate when people say Yankees fans are bandwagon fans. Of course you're going to get those few people who never watch baseball, and just say that their favorite team is the Yankees, but you get that w/ every good team. Most of the Yankees fans I know are true, and root for their team no matter what circumstance. I follow my team, I watch every game, I go to games, I buy the apparel, just because we're good doesn't mean I'm a bandwagoner.

ECN you honestly can sit there and say Red Sox fans are the best sports fans? I'll be fair and say that 10% of all Red Sox fans are true, and have either been a fan prior to the 2004 season, or been fans ever since that was their daddys favorite team. 90% though are bandwagoners, all these "Red Sox" fans came out of the woodwork during the '04 run. So when you say that you have the best fans I hope you're referring to that 10%.

That number is so far off-base it's not even funny.

In the New England area, the number has probably gone up a little, but there's always been a [expletive]-load of fans.

However, throughout the country, I do not know where they all came from, but I'm not complaining.