Stoudemire agrees to five-year deal with Knicks

It's already an improvement over last season. He's going to be a bit more explosive then Lee, and in D'Antoni's system he should once again thrive.

If the Knicks fail to land LeBron (or even Wade for that matter...which I completely doubt they could) they need to get a guy like Tony Parker to be a playoff contender. I still don't think Amare alone gets them to the playoffs, just being honest.

I wonder if Amare will still shoot over 50% without Steve Nash spoon feeding half of his buckets.

LeBron should get him plenty of open looks ;)

But no really, if we get Tony Parker he should distribute the ball quite well. Maybe not like Nash, but....

• Owner

Grass is greener, but the Knicks need one more guy. Lee gave them double-doubles and bad defense every night at the five. Amare will do the same, with a few more points, maybe less boards.

Grass is greener, but the Knicks need one more guy. Lee gave them double-doubles and bad defense every night at the five. Amare will do the same, with a few more points, maybe less boards.

I agree. This may get them to hover around the 8th seed, but it's not going to get them to anywhere where they could actually compete seriously. Hell, this probably won't even get them to the playoffs if their roster remains the same from now until the beginning of the season!

Assuming they do not land LeBron, they need a Tony Parker, a Gilbert Arenas, a D-Wade, to really get them to a level where they can seriously compete in the East. Their backcourt is looking very weak right now.

I can tell you've never watched him play.

You mad he's far superior offensively than the soft Chris Bosh?

Why would I be mad? Bosh scores more without a PG to pass him the ball, Bosh is easily the superior player offensively in terms of isolation play... Amare has a nice face up jumper but his offensive game isn't as good as Bosh's is, when Bosh is motivated to get into the paint and isn't settling for jumpers, he is one of the best offensive players in the game.

24 and 11 on 52% without arguably the best offensive PG in the game, or 23 and 9 on 56% with Nash, hmmmm lol. To call him superior is questionable but debatable, far superior if just a baseless claim, I would love to see you back that up lol...

Marion's success after Nash will probably duplicate itself with Amare.

Edited by travesy3

Why would I be mad? Bosh scores more without a PG to pass him the ball, Bosh is easily the superior player offensively in terms of isolation play... Amare has a nice face up jumper but his offensive game isn't as good as Bosh's is, when Bosh is motivated to get into the paint and isn't settling for jumpers, he is one of the best offensive players in the game.

24 and 11 on 52% without arguably the best offensive PG in the game, or 23 and 9 on 56% with Nash, hmmmm lol. To call him superior is questionable but debatable, far superior if just a baseless claim, I would love to see you back that up lol...

Marion's success after Nash will probably duplicate itself with Amare.

You're really out of touch with reality if you think Bosh's offensive game is on par with Amare. :lol: .

Amare has superior post moves, drives better, and has a vastly better jump shot. It's really not even a discussion.

Bosh is over-rated, and if he wasn't the primary option, his stats would suffer big time.

You're really out of touch with reality if you think Bosh's offensive game is on par with Amare. :lol: .

Amare has superior post moves, drives better, and has a vastly better jump shot. It's really not even a discussion.

Bosh is over-rated, and if he wasn't the primary option, his stats would suffer big time.

Pretty sure its the opposite but whatever. You have your opinion.

Yeah with Amare the Knicks sure look like their back.

http://www.nba.com/knicks/roster/

He better hope help is coming. If not his career just went down the tubes.

http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~fanf2/hermes/doc/talks/2004-02-ukuug/crybaby.png

oh yeah

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Fish7718/lolowned.jpg

just sayin

• Like 1

IMO, the Knicks can't lose this offseason anymore with the news bosh and wade are playing together. If LeBron goes to Miami there was nothing the Knicks could do, if he goes back to Cleveland there was nothing we can do and I doubt he chooses NJ and Miami over NY. In fact we win for getting Amar'e, having cap space next year, and probably getting Felton and/or Miller and/or Allen this offseason. So good offseason for NY right now.

IMO, the Knicks can't lose this offseason anymore with the news bosh and wade are playing together. If LeBron goes to Miami there was nothing the Knicks could do, if he goes back to Cleveland there was nothing we can do and I doubt he chooses NJ and Miami over NY. In fact we win for getting Amar'e, having cap space next year, and probably getting Felton and/or Miller and/or Allen this offseason. So good offseason for NY right now.

I disagree in the sense it's been a complete win for NY without LeBron. It's nice to add Amare but we aren't going anywhere with just Amare. Landing LeBron is just a hugeeeeeeee difference compared to where they are right now

I disagree in the sense it's been a complete win for NY without LeBron. It's nice to add Amare but we aren't going anywhere with just Amare. Landing LeBron is just a hugeeeeeeee difference compared to where they are right now

Agree getting LeBron would be a complete win but at the same time

PG - Felton / Douglas

SG - Allen / Miller

SF - Chandler / Gallinari

PF - Melo / Lee?

C - Amar'e / Lee?

That would but just as good as grabbing LeBron as well, talent wise

where the hell you gettin Melo from all of a sudden?

maybe next year but i really dont feel like sitting through another losing season...it's getting old.

Agree getting LeBron would be a complete win but at the same time

PG - Felton / Douglas

SG - Allen / Miller

SF - Chandler / Gallinari

PF - Melo / Lee?

C - Amar'e / Lee?

That would but just as good as grabbing LeBron as well, talent wise

I think you should still have Melo at the 3 where he's comfortable with Chandler coming off the bench as the Sixth Man. This way Lee would still be able to start, but he'd be at center while Amare would be at power forward.