Philadelphia Eagles 2010 Thread

Just seen this and got me a little excited.

I think the Eagles will surprise a lot this year and actually have 10+ wins.

That's saying a lot with all the changes we have made and how young we are.

According to former NFL Scout Dave Razzano, the Eagles improved themselves at quarterback this offseason.

I think he’s very similar to Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay. Same arm, same competitiveness, same drive. I think he might struggle a little early as he gets used to receivers and all, but I think by the end of the year he could have a big year. He could have 30, 35 touchdowns. I really believe that. With their arsenal of wideouts, I think Kolb is going to be outstanding. I think once the dust settles, and it’s his — his preparation is outstanding, his work ethic, the coaches believe in him. He’s a great kid. He’s got all the intangibles. Again, I think he’s similar to Aaron Rodgers. His whole being is similar to Aaron Rodgers. He can make all the throws. I think he’s going to be outstanding. I don’t think they’ll miss a beat, and the question in Philly will be their defense. They have a young defense, new coordinator, some new people in the secondary. That’s their question mark. Offensively, I don’t think they’ll miss a beat. They may even be more productive.

http://blog.playmakermobile.com/blog/2010/07/washington-redskins-and-philadelphia-eagles-scouting-report-donovan-mcnabb-and-kevin-kolb.html

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kolb is either gonna make Reid and the management look like geniuses or complete idiots. I've heard some of his interviews after the McNabb trade and I like his attitude. I hope he can back his talk on the field.

As for the season, this is the first time in a long while that I'm not really excited. My expectations for the team is pretty low, which is probably a good thing because every year they disappoint me and break my heart. Won't happen this year. I'm excited to see all our youngsters step onto the field, but I think a lot of them may be a year or so away from truly contributing.

I HIGHLY doubt we get 10+ wins, I wouldn't be surprised if we finished last in the division. But I'm not counting them out completely, we do have some good talent on the team still, but I don't envision us playing better than Dallas or New York. I'm not too sure about Washington because that team sucks annually, but McNabb will win them some games.

If any of you have talked to "Diesel" recently, you probably know that the [expletive] is a Redskins fan now! :lol: . I am sure there are plenty others who jumped off the bandwagon with him. Makes me want to see Kolb succeed even more.

i love the fact that the mcnabb bandwangoners are gone. they are the ones that dont know football and i am glad they are gone. i completely agree with the article above. kolb has so much talent around him and i think that he is almost a better fit in the offense then mcnabb was. he has more accuracy then mcnabb and those short passes are going to make desean and everyone else that much better

the offense is so young but has so much talent. the defense is going to be more of a question mark, but i think that if they can mesh well then they will be pretty good. once again, a lot of young talent

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Week 1 roundup...

That was basically a disaster, despite the fact that the final score was close. Tons of big injuries, some questionable decisions by Andy, and a disappointing debut for Kevin Kolb.

To summarize the injuries, Leonard Weaver and Jamaal Jackson are out for the rest of the season, Stew Bradley and Kevin Kolb have concussions and won't practice until Friday at the earliest. There were also a couple minor injuries to Mike Bell and Todd Herremans, and maybe one or two others that I cannot think of right now. The Bradley injury might be the biggest, because Omar Gaither got destroyed on several occasions when he took over. Weaver's ACL tear is so severe that it may be career ending, which is horrible news obviously. The Eagles have Jason Davis and Owen Schmidt in for workouts today.

This "QB controversy" nonsense is very annoying. Kevin Kolb is the starter, as he should be, once he is healthy. The Eagles did not spend a 2nd round pick, 3 years of grooming him to be the starter, and the Donovan McNabb trade just so they could bench the dude because of one poor half. It was definitely encouraging to see Mike Vick play well. I did not have very high expectations based on what I saw last season and this preseason, but this was the first time he got to play significant minutes in a game that counted. But with that said, he is not the starting quarterback when Kolb is healthy. Seeing Vick play well probably makes the decision a bit easier to ease Kolb back in and not rush him back from the concussion. So Vick probably plays in Detroit.

To summarize...The Eagles lost their fullback and center for the year. Not the best way to open the season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh. My. God.

Phillies sign Cliff Lee, Flyers beat Bruins/Penguins/Canadiens/Rangers and are in first place in the NHL, Sixers beat Orlando and are playing well in general, and now this to top it off. I love this city.

Oh. My. God.

Phillies sign Cliff Lee, Flyers beat Bruins/Penguins/Canadiens/Rangers and are in first place in the NHL, Sixers beat Orlando and are playing well in general, and now this to top it off. I love this city.

Well said, dude..Feels great to be a Philly sports fan for once.