Philadelphia Eagles 2010 Thread

I would probably like to see them bring in somebody from the outside with a fresh look. AKA not Jauron. But with all of Andy's flaws, one thing he is awesome at is finding talented coaches, so he has my trust with this one.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Reid is a good coach. As a Giants fan I have a ton of respect for him.

If only he were half as good at in-game management as he is at game planning and talent evaluating.

But yeah I agree to an extent. He is a very good coach and is pretty unappreciated by a lot of Eagles fans. He has some HUGE flaws (horrible at making decisions during the game, is a pain in the [expletive] to the media from what I have heard, etc) but the fact is that his teams are almost always in contention.

If only he were half as good at in-game management as he is at game planning and talent evaluating.

But yeah I agree to an extent. He is a very good coach and is pretty unappreciated by a lot of Eagles fans. He has some HUGE flaws (horrible at making decisions during the game, is a pain in the [expletive] to the media from what I have heard, etc) but the fact is that his teams are almost always in contention.

Yeah. I'd say his biggest flaw is 5 NFC Championships, 1 Super Bowl appearance, and 0 wins. :lol: ;)

But no he is a really good coach. He's out coached Coughlin in virtually every game since Coughlin's been in NY.

Edited by JYD

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Albert Haynesworth is willing to take less money to play for new Eagles DL coach Jim Washburn again.

Haynesworth had his best seasons under Washburn in Tennessee, and the Eagles are expected to make finding a playmaking defensive lineman an offseason priority. A healthy, motivated Haynesworth would make RE Trent Cole that much more dangerous. This all assumes that Haynesworth is released rather than traded. The Skins will try to get something for him first.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41182977/ns/sports-player_news/

My jaw dropped when i read that Haynesworth wants to play..

But seriously, a motivated Haynesworth would be terrific for Philly. But I doubt Washington would trade him to a rival team.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41182977/ns/sports-player_news/

My jaw dropped when i read that Haynesworth wants to play..

But seriously, a motivated Haynesworth would be terrific for Philly. But I doubt Washington would trade him to a rival team.

All I got to say about that is..

DO IT ANDY!

Juan Castillo (former O-line coach) named defensive coordinator.

....Wut?

My favorite part is that they took so long to announce that they were filling the vacancy in house. Oh Eagles, never change.

I am willing to give him a chance. He was supposedly a hell of an o-line coach (although I am not sure how that translates to d-coordinator, but whatever). The Eagles know more about this guy than any fan or media member, and they clearly took long enough to make the decision. So, as weird as this is, he gets a chance. The puzzling part is that this took so long to happen. When it stretched into this week, everyone assumed they were waiting for a coach from the Packers or Steelers. So for them to go ahead and name somebody from within the organization is kind of weird.

Also, Howard Mudd (supposedly one of the best in the business) will take over as o-line coach.

Juan Castillo (former O-line coach) named defensive coordinator.

....Wut?

My favorite part is that they took so long to announce that they were filling the vacancy in house. Oh Eagles, never change.

:huh:

*sigh*

Well, hopefully it works out.