Philadelphia Eagles 2010 Thread

Oh hush.

Wellll....

We saw what happened to the Phils when they played the Yankees in the World Series. We see 0 Super Bowls from the Eagles. When did the Flyers last win one? :lol: 76ers are irrelevant.

Just sayin ;)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wellll....

We saw what happened to the Phils when they played the Yankees in the World Series. We see 0 Super Bowls from the Eagles. When did the Flyers last win one? :lol: 76ers are irrelevant.

Just sayin ;)

What happened to the Yankees the following year? What happened to the Giants a couple days ago?

I can troll too. :glasses:

If you would've told me that the Eagles would win the NFC East, led by Michael Vick before the season started I would've laughed in your face. I honestly thought we were going to finish last in the division, third the highest. What an unexpected turn of events, for me at least.

I'm anxious for the playoffs to start, this team has shown me this season that with the offense we have, with guys like Vick, Jackon, McCoy, and Maclin, that anything is possible and no lead is too large to overcome. I've never felt this way with any McNabb led Eagles team, not even the one with TO. Although this isn't really a knock against the duo, I just didn't witness them score 28 points in 8 minutes to win a game.

* hopefully I didn't jinx the game today

My only real concern is the defense, which I really hope won't hurt us too much in the postseason. I'm not sold on Patterson starting at CB, and basically forcing two rookies (Coleman and Chaney) with little to no experience to start. I'll pray that they prove me wrong.

And am I the only one that has started to feel a little sorry for McNabb? He was our star QB and led the team for 11 years even though Reid surrounded him with basically garbage for most of his tenure here. It sucks to see how he has fallen off and how they are treating him in Washington. Although if he wasn't a Redskin I'd probably feel worse. Just wondering Phightins, before the season started I remember you saying Diesel was going to root for McNabb in Washington. Just wondering how that has played out lol

Edited by The Artesticle

^^Chaney was awesome last week, and IMO there really isn't much of a dropoff from Allen to Coleman. At least based on what I have seen this season.

My biggest concern is that Dimitri Patterson is a starter.

Edited by Phightins

If I see one more moron on Twitter or Facebook say that David Akers needs to be cut, I might just break my computer screen.

Co-Signed.

Akers had one of the best seasons of his career and after a couple misses he's terrible again.

Stuff like that is what makes me embarrassed as an Eagles fan sometimes.

Sean McDermott fired.

Rejoice, Smitty!

oh [expletive] i remember reading a couple of days back Andy saying McDermott was going to return next year

Jauron is expected to take over. I don't know anything about him but hopefully he's an upgrade, our defense last year was atrocious.

He's alright.

I thought McDermott was solid for you guys...the defense had a lot of rookies and some key injuries. It's not that talented either. I thought it was somewhat unfair to fire McDermott...but whatever.

oh [expletive] i remember reading a couple of days back Andy saying McDermott was going to return next year

Jauron is expected to take over. I don't know anything about him but hopefully he's an upgrade, our defense last year was atrocious.

C'mon man, you should know Andy better by now.

"McNabb will be back next year."

"Kolb is our QB."

"Vick is our QB."

"Kolb is our QB again."

"No wait, now it's Vick again."

Jauron does seem like the logical choice, but who knows. I wish the Eagles linebackers didn't suck, or else I'd totally want them to bring in a guy to convert them to a 3-4. I think that would be awesome for Trent Cole and Brandon Graham, but I don't think they have the rest of the personnel to make it work.

Edited by Phightins