Losing two in a row "like the World Trade Center coming down again"

Real Deal

• Owner
"We're going to be wearing a bullseye,'' Wade said. "But that's what you play for. If we lose a couple in a row this season, it will be like the World Trade (Center) is coming down again. When the schedule comes out, people will be looking for the Lakers and Heat, to see when they play us. I feel like I'm a new player in Miami. That's how excited I am.''

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/18/heat-supporting-cast-has-become-better-than-expected

What.

I just hope Wade stays classy. I'm praying LeBron and Bosh's cockiness doesn't rub onto him, because I actually like Wade as a player and as a person.

Exactly how I feel. Unfortunately, it seems like Wade is already acting a little more like Bron Bron and less like Wade, the man with a ring.

Yes, that was a stupid comment, but lets not blow it out of proportion. It was just an analogy, and Wade has a cocky side if you didn't notice,he shows it off in game all the time when he makes a game winner or a nice play. Can't blame a guy for getting excited about his team.

Its also pretty accurate, if we lose two games in a row, this board, along with most of the country will celebrate in a wild uproar. Hell, its gonna be bad when we lose one, and god forbid its to the Lakers..thats why I hope its the first game of the season, to prove who the team to beat really is.

Edited by SRV

BTW, they screwed up the quote..it actually went like this

"We're going to be wearing a bullseye. But that's what you play for," Wade said. "We enjoy the bullseye. Plus, there's going to be times when we lose 2-3 games in a row, and it seems like the world has crashed down. You all are going to make it seem like the World Trade is coming down again, but it's not going to be nothing but a couple basketball games.

So basically, the blame is on you guys for making it seem like the World Trade Center coming down again :glasses:

Don't you love when reporters mix words together to make it sound bad?

Edited by SRV

I actually think he already is somewhat a jerk, and just did a good job of hiding it. But ever since I saw him at press conferences with the other 2, he's seemed arrogant and stuff. Losing 2 games in a row? Sheeit, the Heat aren't that good, on paper anyway. They look good, but not good enough that losing 2 games in a row would be some unimaginable feat.

Bad choice of words, but in the full quote I get what he is saying. Judging by how the NBA world has been flipped upside just by this free agency, I can't imagine the backlash against this team if they fail to win it all. That's why I said in another thread that in a way, LeBron's going to have more pressure on him than ever because if they fail to win a championship, they are going to get ripped apart like we've never seen before.

Is what he's saying wrong? If this team does lose 2 in a row, which will probably happen at some point, poeple in the media and on this site will think its the end of the world.

Anyone bothered by the WTC thing is looking for reasons not to like him or the Heat.

the Heat aren't that good, on paper anyway.

Not sure if serious?

• Like 1

Anyone bothered by the WTC thing is looking for reasons not to like him or the Heat.

No. People questioning to choice of analogies does not directly mean they want to hate Wade or the Heat.

No. People questioning to choice of analogies does not directly mean they want to hate Wade or the Heat.

Is he wrong though? You know the media is gonna be all over it and twisting it in 70 different directions.

Is he wrong though? You know the media is gonna be all over it and twisting it in 70 different directions.

The media twists everything so if they wins 2 in a row, lose, win a title or lose in first round it'll be a huge story. No one is questioning the impact this team will have on the stories the media creates during the season. What catches people (like me) off guard is why Wade chose to use the WTC as a comparison.

Is what he's saying wrong? If this team does lose 2 in a row, which will probably happen at some point, poeple in the media and on this site will think its the end of the world.

Not sure if serious?

Yes why we are it, let's compare LeBron's last 7 years in Cleveland to the Holacaust, or better yet Jesse Jackson already compared it to slavery!

Terrible quote by Wade, he should learn to choose his words better. No Wade, you are no where near as important as thousands of American lives, no matter what you think.

• Owner

A year ago, if LeBron had made this comment, he would be looked down on by Heat fans. Fact.

That's the only reason why it's funny today.

Weird...because the WTC incident was nothing to "blow out of proportion." It was nothing to twist. How does it relate? It doesn't.

But of course, there's a reason behind it. :lol: