Losing two in a row "like the World Trade Center coming down again"

Real Deal

hmmm....

Amazing argument, I must say. TOTALLY convinced me.

On the other hand, Nitro actually made some valid points. I didn't agree with him, but at least he actually brought something to the table, unlike other people that only emphasized how tragic 9/11 was.

Nice. You quoted one post of my few posts in this topic.

I'll add more to get some "credit".

Comparison: The representing of one thing or person as similar to or like another.

Losing two in a row should and never be like or similar to the World Trade Centers coming down. You're trying to compare deaths to two losses in a damn sport.

Edited by Lone Wolf

Nice. You quoted one post of my few posts in this topic.

I'll add more to get some "credit".

Comparison: The representing of one thing or person as similar to or like another.

Losing two in a row should and never be like or similar to the World Trade Centers coming down. You're comparing deaths to two losses in a damn sport.

Alright. You disagree with Wade. Does it mean it's morally incorrect to say it?

(yay for repeating myself)

No, it just does not fit the definition. Again, I understand what he's trying to get, but it just does not work that way. Yay for repeating myself.

So you agree that there is nothing morally wrong with making the comparison? That's all was arguing.

I don't like the "comparison" and it should not be a "comparison".

It IS a comparison. Wade represented the public's reaction to his team losing two games in a row as being similar to the public's reaction of 9/11. Therefore, it's a comparison.

Edited by Poe

Poe, have you ever had someone die in your family? If I said to you "For the Heat, LeBron going down for the season would almost be as bad as that time Poe lost his ______.", would you not be offended? Do you understand why you should have a social filter and moral qualms about what you say?

No, I would not be offended. I don't look at things that way. There is also no need to make a side connection to a straightforward remark. I will disagree with the comparison. Nothing more.

And there shouldn't be a filter to free speech.

It IS a comparison. Wade represented the public's reaction to his team losing two games in a row as being similar to the public's reaction of 9/11. Therefore, it's a comparison.

Similar as in what? Deaths compared to losing a few basketball games? Not the same suffering. Wade said so himself. It's just a bad "comparison".

Edited by Lone Wolf

No, I would not be offended. I don't look at things that way. There is also no need to make a side connection to a straightforward remark. I will disagree with the comparison. Nothing more.

If your mother died and people made comments about it and ridiculed her ... you would not get offended? Wow you either are the biggest softy and have no fuking balls or you're a fuking mentally retarded in the head

Edited by xx.
  • Like 1

There are no side connections. You said earlier that you see nothing wrong with making comparisons with any two things, so I am making a comparison with two things.

It's not even free speech that's the problem, it's the wordage.

• Like 1

If your mother died and people made comments about it and ridiculed her ... you would not get offended? Wow you either are the biggest softy and have no fuking balls or you're a fuking mentally retarded in the head

Sorry, your not worth it.

There are no side connections. You said earlier that you see nothing wrong with making comparisons with any two things, so I am making a comparison with two things.

It's not even free speech that's the problem, it's the wordage.

You made a comparison, and I found nothing offensive.

If you have an opinion, say it. No need to distort it in an attempt to tip toe around people's feelings, cause people can find anything offensive if they so choose. Finding something offensive is a choice. Many Muslims find a mere drawing of Muhammad to be the ultimate offense.

Think of the South Park cartoon. Should they have censored the Muhammad in a Bear Costume just because Muslims decided it was offensive?

Edited by Poe
  • Like 1

Heat fans are trying to bite around the edges of Wade's comment and defend him given the comments he delivered of that magnitude.

I don't think anyone denies that he misspoke and that the analogy may not have been the best. What people are disagreeing on is the huge deal everyone is turning it in to. He already apologized, just move on.

It's really not that big of deal, everyones blowing it wayy outta proportion. he's apologized and he obviously didn't mean it to be a diss to that tragic day and what happened to those people. the cockiness of LBJ N CB1 haven't and won't rub off on him he's a world class player and he can make a mistake like anyone else.

I don't personally have a big problem with Wade, especially since he apologized. I just think it's laughable that, instead of calling it for what it was, a certain few (or was it just a certain someone) were making excuses and defending it.