Losing two in a row "like the World Trade Center coming down again"

Real Deal

A year ago, if LeBron had made this comment, he would be looked down on by Heat fans. Fact.

There's nothing to look down on. It's a comparison. If you disagree with it, fine. But there is nothing morally incorrect with comparing two things.

That is a terrible comparison. Even if the media does blow the Heat losing 2+ in a row out of proportion, you don't compare it to an event in which thousands of innocent lives were lost. I don't care who you are or what team you're on. It's disrespectful to the people that were affected directly from it. It's not going to be anything like that when the Heat lose 2+ in a row. Wade is just blowing that out of proportion. I don't know what the [expletive] he's talking about. It's a douchebag comment. I expected better from him but maybe now that he's with LeBron, I'll have to start expecting less. Let's hope not though.

• Owner

But there is nothing morally incorrect with comparing two things.

Yeah, it's morally incorrect to compare a basketball loss to a life lost, let alone two consecutive games lost to thousands of lives. Are you telling us it's good to compare the two? If you aren't saying that, it's morally incorrect.

If your statement holds water, I can say befriending someone is like killing them.

I stand by what I said earlier. If this was any other player not on the Heat, or if this was LeBron James saying this one year ago (when all of you disliked him), it would be a much different story...and it looks like we all know this.

Yeah, it's morally incorrect to compare a basketball loss to a life lost, let alone two consecutive games lost to thousands of lives. Are you telling us it's good to compare the two? If you aren't saying that, it's morally incorrect.

If your statement holds water, I can say befriending someone is like killing them.

I stand by what I said earlier. If this was any other player not on the Heat, or if this was LeBron James saying this one year ago (when all of you disliked him), it would be a much different story...and it looks like we all know this.

So what, you disagree. You don't think it's comparable. Wade didn't kill anyone from making a simple comparison.

BTW, you don't remember me standing up for LeBron James vs the Towel Boy? He was still playing for Cleveland at the time, too.

Plus, it doesn't matter who says what. I'm going to have the same opinion on the statement regardless. The color of their jersey doesn't change that... obviously. You make some pretty weird connections.

So what, you disagree. You don't think it's comparable. Wade didn't kill anyone from making a simple comparison.

BTW, you don't remember me standing up for LeBron James vs the Towel Boy? He was still playing for Cleveland at the time, too.

Plus, it doesn't matter who says what. I'm going to have the same opinion on the statement regardless. The color of their jersey doesn't change that... obviously. You make some pretty weird connections.

You think it's comparable? Oh boy.. Of course he didn't kill any one for making that "simple" comparison. The comparison itself went too far.

Some people these days...

You think it's comparable? Oh boy.. Of course he didn't kill any one for making that "simple" comparison. The comparison itself went too far.

Some people these days...

I never said I thought it was comparable, I was arguing for how there is nothing wrong in someone making a comparison, no matter what the comparison involves and how much you might disagree with it.

If you want my actual opinion on Wade's comparison itself, I do think it's comparable as far as how people will make a big deal out of it. I don't think people will think it's anywhere NEAR as big of a deal as the WTC, so he could have probably chosen a better example.

And let me correct myself. *ahem* Wade didn't kill anyone for making a BIG GINORMOUS SUPER ULTRA BAD comparison. How's that?

• Owner

I wouldn't kill anyone by saying befriending someone is like killing them, either...but it would be a stupid comment, nonetheless. Doesn't make it morally correct.

Weird connections? Nah, I expected this, actually.

Hey, me closing down OTR would be like an atomic bomb dropping on Hiroshima...I wonder how the Japanese would feel reading that. :rolleyes:

Maybe Wade should've lost someone in that WTC incident. I'm betting he wouldn't be bringing it up, then.

I wouldn't kill anyone by saying befriending someone is like killing them, either...but it would be a stupid comment, nonetheless. Doesn't make it morally correct.

Stupid, but not morally incorrect.

Hey, me closing down OTR would be like an atomic bomb dropping on Hiroshima...I wonder how the Japanese would feel reading that. :rolleyes:

I doubt too many people would agree with you as far as the level devastation.

And so what if peoples feelings get hurt? Lol. Should it be a crime to say something that might hurt somebodies feelings? Have we gone so low in society that we can't say certain things just because someone else might not like it? Like someone on this board said once... the pussification of the world continues.

And so what if peoples feelings get hurt? Lol. Should it be a crime to say something that might hurt somebodies feelings? Have we gone so low in society that we can't say certain things just because someone else might not like it?

No, but at the same time Wade should do what's best for his brand as well as the Heat's. This comment makes him look bad, even if people are taking too much out of it. When you're son is looking up to Wade to be a role model, and he essentially compares himself and the Heat losing 2 games to the largest attack on our soil in US history, it's just a bad situation.

No, but at the same time Wade should do what's best for his brand as well as the Heat's. This comment makes him look bad, even if people are taking too much out of it. When you're son is looking up to Wade to be a role model, and he essentially compares himself and the Heat losing 2 games to the largest attack on our soil in US history, it's just a bad situation.

I disagree. In my opinion, you're a better role model for saying what's on your mind no matter what people think of it, and no matter how much you get fined for it.

It shouldn't be a crime to say what's on your mind.

Lmao @ the sensitiivity in here. No surprise it comes from mostly Laker fans who are going to take every chance they can get to down talk the Heat. Heat fans, everyone is going to be very jealous of our dynasty. These kind of comments will be a common occurrence for the next 6 years.

And so what if peoples feelings get hurt? Lol. Should it be a crime to say something that might hurt somebodies feelings? Have we gone so low in society that we can't say certain things just because someone else might not like it? Like someone on this board said once... the pussification of the world continues.

What the hell are you talking about? It's not "pussification" it's called showing some respect, not being a dick, not casually comparing the deaths of innocent people to a basketball team.

Have we gone so low in society that we can't say certain things just because someone else might not like it?

So racism is totally cool with you?

I never said I thought it was comparable, I was arguing for how there is nothing wrong in someone making a comparison, no matter what the comparison involves and how much you might disagree with it.

If you want my actual opinion on Wade's comparison itself, I do think it's comparable as far as how people will make a big deal out of it. I don't think people will think it's anywhere NEAR as big of a deal as the WTC, so he could have probably chosen a better example.

And let me correct myself. *ahem* Wade didn't kill anyone for making a BIG GINORMOUS SUPER ULTRA BAD comparison. How's that?

Thing is, it's not equal or alike one another.

No one said he did. It's just not the same.

Lmao @ the sensitiivity in here. No surprise it comes from mostly Laker fans who are going to take every chance they can get to down talk the Heat. Heat fans, everyone is going to be very jealous of our dynasty. These kind of comments will be a common occurrence for the next 6 years.

I'm not a Lakers fan. Nice try, though.

What the hell are you talking about? It's not "pussification" it's called showing some respect, not being a dick, not casually comparing the deaths of innocent people to a basketball team.

Respect is overrated. If he has an opinion he can share it. So what if you disagree.

So racism is totally cool with you?

If someone has a racist opinion, that's perfectly fine, and he/she can share it if they want. We can attempt to change their mind, but that's all we can do. No matter how much you disagree with someone or how much you think the opinion is F*cked up, there is nothing wrong with sharing it.

On the other hand, if someone takes legitimate ACTION due to their racism, then that's a whole different story.

Edited by Poe

This is the worst thing I have ever heard from an athlete...seriously, the NBA is a joke right now with all this Heat shiit. The worst single day in American history that changed everyones lives, that changed the world.... to seriously compare two losses for the Heat and for Wade thinking its that big of a deal to 9/11, unreal.

I swear the people on this forum are all fuking morons, to say dont make this into a big deal or I dont see the problem here...you must be fuking losers, be real, to not even have one bit of respect for any of the people that died that day and or show respect towards your own country to stick up for a basketball team because of some new players joining a new team. grow the fuk up and stop living in your fantasyland if you dont see a problem about this comment.

This is the worst thing I have ever heard from an athlete...seriously, the NBA is a joke right now with all this Heat shiit. The worst single day in American history that changed everyones lives, that changed the world.... to seriously compare two losses for the Heat and for Wade thinking its that big of a deal to 9/11, unreal.

I swear the people on this forum are all fuking morons, to say dont make this into a big deal or I dont see the problem here...you must be fuking losers, be real, to not even have one bit of respect for any of the people that died that day and or show respect towards your own country to stick up for a basketball team because of some new players joining a new team. grow the fuk up and stop living in your fantasyland if you dont see a problem about this comment.

This is coming from someone who thinks its "gay" for a man to watch women play sports, which in itself shows that he thinks calling someone "gay" is an insult. He is against gays, against women sports, and is now against free speech. He represents what America may be becoming.

Think outside the box, people.

Actually, I take that back. The popularity in woman sports is slowly rising in American, and the US is beginning to allow gay marriage. So in general, America is moving forward. xx is giving more of an example of what's holding American society back. At least, from my perspective of things.

I'm amazed at some of the comments defending Wade. To think that there are people out there that are defending him for making a horrible comparison to an event that took the lives of thousands of people, is mind boggling. Guarantee you wouldn't be defending Wade if 9/11 affected you directly. But you'll say otherwise though.