Say if Portland gets C.Paul

Do you think they'd be up there with the Lakers and Miami to compete for it all?

lineup would be...

Chris Paul

Brandon Roy

Wesley Matthews

LaMarcus Aldridge

Greg Oden or Marcus Camby or Joel Przybilla

with a deep young bench

• Owner

Depends on who they have to trade. That bench may not be so deep after the deal. If it had anything to do with the original rumors, I think the deal would've already been made...but New Orleans is wanting more.

Not at all. Chris Paul, as good as he is, needs another superstar to take him to the next level. Brandon Roy, who is overrated as is, isn't going to end up with twenty a game. LA also isn't going to turn into Amare Stoudamire, and the rest of thir roster just wouldn't be able to compete with the NBAs best teams. I've never even heard of this Wesley guy lol

If the Blazers get Chris Paul I'm sure they'd be able to compete against the Lakers or the Heat. Chris Paul is an amazing passer and will get every players that play with him involved and make them look better on the court. Paul, Roy, Alridge and Oden.. wow that sounds dangerous but I see Chris Paul staying with the Hornets I don't know why.

Not at all. Chris Paul, as good as he is, needs another superstar to take him to the next level. Brandon Roy, who is overrated as is, isn't going to end up with twenty a game. LA also isn't going to turn into Amare Stoudamire, and the rest of thir roster just wouldn't be able to compete with the NBAs best teams. I've never even heard of this Wesley guy lol

That explains your post.

BROY overrated? By who? He plays in portland where there's hardly ever any nationally televised games. 2nd he's averaged over 20 for his career and 3rd they were a 6 seed with juwan howard at center.

Thank you. I was about to go off on dude...calling BROY overrated. Must be nuts. :blink:

Yes, if Oden can stay healthy. Though like Real said, it also depends on who they would have to give up in the trade. Giving up players like Aldridge, Bayless, Fernandez, and Batum could seriously damage the team's depth.

But again, if Oden can stay healthy, he could potentially produce all star numbers playing with a point guard like Chris Paul. Having a PG of this caliber would also take a lot of pressure off of Brandon Roy.

Edited by Poe

Yes, if Oden can stay healthy. Though like Real said, it also depends on who they would have to give up in the trade. Giving up players like Aldridge, Bayless, Fernandez, and Batum could seriously damage the team's depth.

But again, if Oden can stay healthy, he could potentially produce all star numbers playing with a point guard like Chris Paul. Having a PG of this caliber would also take a lot of pressure off of Brandon Roy.

Andre Miller

Joel Pryzbilla

Nicolas Batum

Rudy Fernandez

+ picks.

bench would have Mills/Bayless/Cunningham/Babbit/Pendergraph/Camby

Andre Miller

Joel Pryzbilla

Nicolas Batum

Rudy Fernandez

+ picks.

Is that a trade the Hornets would be willing to do? It's not a sign-and-trade, you know.

Is that trade better than a trade the Knicks could offer, say for Gallo, Randolph, Chandler, Douglas + $10M expiring contract + picks?

What the hell are you talking about? Brandon Roy is one of the best players in the league and already averages 20+, and his team doesn't get much media attention.

Also, you not hearing of Wesley Matthews explains a lot.

Andre Miller

Joel Pryzbilla

Nicolas Batum

Rudy Fernandez

+ picks.

By the sounds of it, we'd also be getting Okafor too since Hornets want to package the pair.

They certainly would be a competitor for the championship.

PG: Chalmers< CP3

SG: Wade> Roy

SF:LeBron> Matthews

PF: Bosh> Aldridge

C: Shaq or big Z< Greg Oden.

They would be dangerous but not better than the current elite teams.

Lol at comparing them to the Heat and not the Lakers.

Is that a trade the Hornets would be willing to do? It's not a sign-and-trade, you know.

Is that trade better than a trade the Knicks could offer, say for Gallo, Randolph, Chandler, Douglas + $10M expiring contract + picks?

According to ESPN's Chris Broussard, Paul has named four specific teams he would be interested in being traded to: Orlando, Dallas, New York, and Portland.

Of those four squads, says Broussard, the Trail Blazers have the inside track for acquiring Chris Paul.

With great young talent in Jerryd Bayless and Nicolas Batum, added to the expiring contracts of Joel Przybilla and Andre Miller, possibly some picks and the disgruntled Rudy Fernandez, the Blazers likely have the most enticing package of young players, cap relief and draft picks to offer New Orleans.

http://www.examiner.com/x-24705-Portland-Trail-Blazers-Examiner~y2010m7d22-Chris-Paul-could-request-trade-to-Portland-Trail-Blazers