2010 NFL Preseason Thread

Cobb

Well, the first team offense looked very good. Fred Taylor really impressed me along, and Aaron Hernandez played well. It was good that Brady threw to Welker multiple times early on.

The first team defense looked very good as well.

The Gostkowski penalty was a bad call, but I'm glad the offense got back on the field and made the Falcons pay.

This team looks for real this year, so the people on the Jets nuts may be in for a long season.

I think the Jets finish third in the division, and Miami wins the division. Just a hunch, especially if the corner tandem plays physical and the linebackers are allowed to make plays, the offense will get the job done.

Everyone is criminally underrating the Dolphins, besides their fans.

• Like 1

I think the Jets win the division but Miami will be right there. I don't think the Pats will even compete. At best I see them 8-8.

I'm just going to watch this season unfold, and watch the excuses at the end of the season for some of your predictions. The Patriots look sharp. Their offense and defense is improved from last season, in which they won the AFC East. Tom Brady is finally healthy.

I think they'll win the division pretty easily, and probably by 2-3 games.

Also, Tom Brady will win the MVP, but keep hatin!

I'm just going to watch this season unfold, and watch the excuses at the end of the season for some of your predictions. The Patriots look sharp. Their offense and defense is improved from last season, in which they won the AFC East. Tom Brady is finally healthy.

I think they'll win the division pretty easily, and probably by 2-3 games.

Also, Tom Brady will win the MVP, but keep hatin!

It's got nothing to do with hating, just giving an honest opinion. The pats are all old, Miami and NY are both younger and better. Pats were 2-6 on the road last year and their only wins were against Tampa and Buffalo :lol:.

Edited by Fish7718

They can look as sharp as they want all pre-season, because it doesn't mean anything. It carries no bearing over to the regular season.

The defense is in a transition, the defensive line is older and Wilfork isn't what he used to be after his big contract dispute. Where is the pass rush going to come from? Can the corners step up and compete? I'm not too worried about the offense, but in the New England cold when the defense needed a stop (Baltimore in last years playoffs) they never got it and it could come back to repeat itself.

The Patriots have very legitimate questions about their roster and team. Miami and New York could easily overtake them. They won't win the division by three games.

It's got nothing to do with hating, just giving an honest opinion. The pats are all old, Miami and NY are both younger and better. Pats were 2-6 on the road last year and their only wins were against Tampa and Buffalo :lol:.

Oh, they're old? They're "old" offense has only been one of the top offenses in the NFL for the past five years, and their defense is actually very YOUNG. People keep thinking that the defense is old, which it used to be, but no longer is.

Wilfork

Mayo

Spikes

Merriweather

Chung

McCourty

None of them are old, and will all be starters on the defense. I wouldn't be surprised if the defense struggled, and I hate making predictions about the Patriots, but they will win the division by 2-3 games.

No team in a division like that will win by 2-3 games though, it's just not going to happen, there are three legitimate playoff teams in there. That's why I'm going to enjoy watching that division all year long.

It's going to be a 2007-esque season for the Patriots, so they will win it by 2-3 games. They look extremely sharp, and Brady is still waiting for a contract. The defense is younger than it has been in recent years, and has learned a lot since last season. This pre-season, Bill Belichick spent more time with the defense than he has spent with his defense over the past five years or so.

I believe in the Dolphins a lot more than I believe in the Jets.

Oh, they're old? They're "old" offense has only been one of the top offenses in the NFL for the past five years, and their defense is actually very YOUNG. People keep thinking that the defense is old, which it used to be, but no longer is.

Wilfork

Mayo

Spikes

Merriweather

Chung

McCourty

None of them are old, and will all be starters on the defense. I wouldn't be surprised if the defense struggled, and I hate making predictions about the Patriots, but they will win the division by 2-3 games.

Lol 2 rookies and 1 second year player, those are worse than the bunch of old guys. Wilfork is 29 btw, he's getting old.

Edited by Fish7718

Eagles and Bengals first teams going at it. Maclin and Ocho both got [expletive]ed up.

Bengals

Palmer - looks bad

Benson - looks bad

TO and Ocho - look great

Gresham - looks great

defense - looks great

Eagles

Kolb - looks mediocre

Run game - looks mediocre

Receivers - look good

defense - looks mediocre.

Eagles and Bengals first teams going at it. Maclin and Ocho both got [expletive]ed up.

Bengals

Palmer - looks bad

Benson - looks bad

TO and Ocho - look great

Gresham - looks great

defense - looks great

Eagles

Kolb - looks mediocre

Run game - looks mediocre

Receivers - look good

defense - looks mediocre.

You are forgetting the big one with the Eagles. Offensive line - looks like [expletive]. Good news is that Herremans and Jackson are supposedly making progress, because they are desperately needed.

WTF is with the Eagles o-line? Line up right, its not that hard.

Guys with very little experience, guys playing out of position, and guys who frankly should not be on an NFL roster. Jason Peters is the most frustrating one though. Luckily it is just the preseason and we should be getting some healthy bodies back soon.

lol Mike Vick, first pass attempt gets pick off. My [expletive] you can start for another team.

Something looked off on that play from the start. I don't think he can the receiver were on the same page on that play.