Anyone else develop bad sleeping habits over time?

Smitty

My sleeping habits suck these days. For the past few days I'll stay up till about 9-10 am then fall asleep till like 3-4 pm sometimes. It's driving me nuts.

Anyone else have habits like this?

LoL really? I literally made an almost identical post a few hours ago in the Random Thread haha. But yeah, this is like the 8th or 9th night in the last 2 weeks where I either haven't slept at all or didn't get to sleep until well after sunrise. Fortunately I have a prescription called Seroquel that knocks me out within an hour after taking it, but the problem is I lose track of time. If I take it too late I wake up very late and groggy. Need at least 6-7 hours of sleep on that stuff. So many nights it'll be too late for me to take it and I just kind of stay up all night. With the new semester starting up in a week or two I gotta get my sleep back on track (even though none of my classes start 'till like 2pm the earliest).

When I was little I used to close all the closets and everything because I was scared LOL

right now I dont have habits. I got to sleep when Im tired and wake up when I wake up. In the Summer vacation I go sleep at 2am and wake up at 1pm. so... I guess there is nothing wrong with me

I have, i'd get home from work at 11 and do what i do till 3 or 4(no one likes to sleep as soon as they get home from work, at least i dont anyways). The for some reason i cant get to bed at all till like 8, 9 in the morning. it sucks. I usually stay up all day to try and get my reg. school sleep pattern back(3AM-9AM, an hour before class), but it never works. Insomnia or some [expletive], smh, glad to see im not the only one lol.

Sounds like your just off a regular schedule. That's happened to me before, only way I've fixed it was to force myself to stay awake till about 4-5 pm and then sleep all through the night usually waking up at around 3-4 am. And then over time you'll start adjusting more regularly like maybe sleeping until 7-8 am. It works.

Let's just say its rare that I get to bed before 5 AM, during school and at home. I've had like 2 straight weeks of being up after 5 AM @ school and at least a month at home. My problem is I just don't get tired, even if I went to bed at 10 and woke up at 6 the previous night I can still usually stay up till 2/3 w/o even realizing how late it is.

Edited by Fish7718

I don't stay up past 3 because there is nothing to do. Usually when I am up that late I am just watching stuff on youtube or learning some songs on the guitar...if I am not doing that there isn't really much to do at that time, and I can't get on my xbox because it makes a lot of noise when its on and my parents room is on the other side of my wall.

When I was in Poland, I would get to bed at midnight and wake up at 6:30 AM everyday. When I got back, I kept doing that for the first week or so. Now I'm starting to revert back to my old habits of staying up past 1 AM and sleeping in until noon. I gotta fix that before fully revert back, haha. Waking up early is SO nice, you have the entire day to do stuff.

When I was in Poland, I would get to bed at midnight and wake up at 6:30 AM everyday. When I got back, I kept doing that for the first week or so. Now I'm starting to revert back to my old habits of staying up past 1 AM and sleeping in until noon. I gotta fix that before fully revert back, haha. Waking up early is SO nice, you have the entire day to do stuff.

Yea, last week I woke up at 7:30 AM to go a beach thats like 2 hours from my house, but that was a great day. I was at the beach for like 7 hours and when I got back home there was still time to do my usual stuff.

Edited by SRV

It's about body clock... every person has it in them. If you usually sleep at 10-11PM, try sleeping at 3AM once, it will disrupt it and the next thing you know, it'll be hard to sleep at 10-11PM. If you do it over and over (sleeping late) it's not only body clock but also habit.

I work night shift and don't get home until 2AM, so I usually sleep like 3-4AM every night :) and wake up like 12 noon lol

Since summer has started I've been going to sleep around 1:30 a.m everday, dont know why but I just cant go to sleep before. I get up around 10:30 daily also. School is about to start next week so hopefully I get rid of this bad habit.

you'll break it when you're forced to wake up at 6 am :lol: :lol: that's what happened to me. quickly whips your [expletive] into shape ;)

Get a dog.. seriously. As many of the vets here know, I used to stay up until 6-7am at least every night, school or no school, and either wake up when I had to for school or not wake up until 4-5pm. I absolutely hated it but it was the schedule I got myself into and I couldn't get out of it. I tried to get to bed early but would be wide awake in bed in complete darkness, and after an hour or so I'd give up and turn on the TV/computer.

I got a dog last week and ever since he's been waking me up at 7-8am, I have been getting EXTREMELY tired at about 11:30-12 and getting to bed at 1am LATEST. I usually get to bed a bit before that though. I love waking up that early, as weird as it sounds. I feel like my days have been extended 3-4x because I have an extra 6 or 7 hours of being awake when everyone else is haha. I'm sure when school starts I'll probably be going to bed at 2-3, but that's 100x better than going to bed at 6 when you have school at 9.

I love being awake early.. I take him to the dog park, play fetch, run around, and even after 2 hours there it's only 10am. I take him home so he can sleep, go to the gym, get/make some lunch and when all that is done it's about 1pm, the time I used to set my alarm for haha.