Championship Ring or Olympic Medal

Which would you rather have  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When you play basketball you work your [expletive] off everyday for a championship ring. You sometimes wake up early in the morning to do basketball drills and all this [expletive]. You dream about this when you're a child and an adult. Championship ring FOR SURE.

Now im going to respond lol.

Me Personally I rather have a medal, don't care the placing. You may be GREAT to be on a team to win a Championship ring (doesn't matter the sport)

but you have to be considered the BEST to lead your country to victory. This came up when me and a co worker was reading about medals and championships..

Olympic Medal > Championship Ring :)

• Owner

In basketball, it depends on the level of play. Not everyone on the 2008 Olympic squad was a superstar, you know.

Ask me if I'd rather be Tim Duncan (four-time champ, led the Spurs, wasn't on that Olympic team) or Mchael Redd (no rings, not a superstar, won a gold medal doing nothing in 2008).

I'll take Duncan and his championships.

---------------------------------

In the same light, would I rather be LeBron James (2008 gold medal winner, no rings) or Adam Morrison (didn't contribute anything for the two rings he has)?

I'll take LeBron and the gold medal.

So...how much did I contribute to one or the other? That's the key.

To elaborate...

If I was the main contributor, I would take the NBA championship.

If I was a role player, I would take the gold medal.

If this is basketballI think winning a championship ring is more rewarding. For over 8 months, these guys are traveling around the country playing games, sometimes back to back. And you have to be a team. You can't just get away with having a team of all stars.

In the record books an Olympic medal is more famous and patriotic, but I feel that a ring rewards the players from a personal perspective.

I think i would go with the medal, you have to be a pretty good player to get on the National team as it is and the chance only comes once every 4 years, and you have to get used to playing with players that you normally play against in a regular league.

On the other hand, it is rewarding when you get a ring because you work so hard with your team to get that chance and it's something pretty much every kid dreams of growing up. It's a hard choice, but i'm going with the medal.

Olympic medal, it's one thing to win a championship in any type of league, but I dont think that compares to winning for your country against other countries best players. Pretty sure the feeling of winning a gold medal, is def better than winning the big one in whatever your sport may be.

• Like 1