Soccer or Baseball?

Diesel

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree with most of your post, but being "manly" just isn't about hitting and tackling. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if one sport is "manlier" than the other; that doesn't make one sport better than another.

yes, it doesnt really matter which is "malier". as you said rugby is way more "manly" then football, but that doesnt mean it is a better sport.

but i disagree with your thing about the breaks in football. sure they stop after each play, but during the play football is more intense then almost any other sport, by far.

• 2 months later...

Soccer is only fun to watch during the world cup. Other than that, its the poor mans sport. Which is why its the worlds most popular sport.

Not rly, Euros are fun to watch, champions league is fun to watch and English premier league games are fun to watch,you are just used to watching [expletive]ty MLS games which is why most americans perspective of soccer is bad. And its not a poor man's sport it was just the first team sport using a ball created and it just got popular

And its not a poor man's sport it was just the first team sport using a ball created and it just got popular

what?? soccer is absolutely the poor mans sport. all you need is 1 soccer ball for tons of people to play. people dont play soccer because it was the first sport. which it wasnt anyway. lacrosse came way before soccer

what?? soccer is absolutely the poor mans sport. all you need is 1 soccer ball for tons of people to play. people dont play soccer because it was the first sport. which it wasnt anyway. lacrosse came way before soccer

You could say the same thing about football then, all you need is a ball to play, same with rugby and those sports arent even close to Soccer in terms of popularity.

Shoot, people in ghettos uses cases as a basketball goal or carts.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

Too bad Lacrosse sucks and noone likes it or cares about it.

You could say the same thing about football then, all you need is a ball to play, same with rugby and those sports arent even close to Soccer in terms of popularity.

Shoot, people in ghettos uses cases as a basketball goal or carts.

yeah its the same with 2 hand touch football, which is why a lot of kids do play football. but actual football is pretty expensive. and rugby is totally different, you have to be insane to play rugby

and that is exactly why basketball is so popular too

and at diesel, is that why lacrosse has by far the most increase in popularity compared to any other sport. it is not even close in the US. 10 or 20 years ago lacrosse barely existed, and now there are a ton of kids playing it and it is catching up to the other sports. but it will never be as popular as sports like soccer because lacrosse is so much more expensive to play

yeah its the same with 2 hand touch football, which is why a lot of kids do play football. but actual football is pretty expensive. and rugby is totally different, you have to be insane to play rugby

and that is exactly why basketball is so popular too

and at diesel, is that why lacrosse has by far the most increase in popularity compared to any other sport. it is not even close in the US. 10 or 20 years ago lacrosse barely existed, and now there are a ton of kids playing it and it is catching up to the other sports. but it will never be as popular as sports like soccer because lacrosse is so much more expensive to play

Much more expensive to play? all you need is a butterfly net, oh em gee. Team Handball is growing faster than Lacrosse.

I've never even heard of lacrosse until I got to high school.

Hockey is probably even more expensive than lacrosse, but I guarantee you lacrosse never catches up to that either.

And according to fox news, bull riding is actually the fastest growing sport.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184012,00.html

I've never even heard of lacrosse until I got to high school.

Hockey is probably even more expensive than lacrosse, but I guarantee you lacrosse never catches up to that either.

And according to fox news, bull riding is actually the fastest growing sport.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184012,00.html

that bullriding thing is from 3 years ago and its not even a sport

and exactly. when we were younger no one really played lacrosse, but it is quickly becoming more and more popular with younger kids, which is making it more popular with high school and college too. just as an example, for the lacrosse club in our town. when i started playing in 8th grade there was a 5-6 grade team, a 7th grade, and an 8th grade team. this year, there are teams starting at first and second grade, and there are 2 or 3 teams PER grade. they have tryouts and everything to make the better teams. that is just the growth in our town in 6 years. try that for the entire country, even more so in places like maryland where pretty much everyone plays lacrosse

and ice hockey is more expensive. thats why it is not that popular with younger kids. i would have played ice hockey but it costs so much.

but i wouldnt be so sure about lacrosse never catching up. obviosuly professional lacrosse is never going to match hockey because hockey have been around for so long and lacrosse is really tough to follow on tv. but as far as popularity, lacrosse is definitely on its way

that bullriding thing is from 3 years ago and its not even a sport

and exactly. when we were younger no one really played lacrosse, but it is quickly becoming more and more popular with younger kids, which is making it more popular with high school and college too. just as an example, for the lacrosse club in our town. when i started playing in 8th grade there was a 5-6 grade team, a 7th grade, and an 8th grade team. this year, there are teams starting at first and second grade, and there are 2 or 3 teams PER grade. they have tryouts and everything to make the better teams. that is just the growth in our town in 6 years. try that for the entire country, even more so in places like maryland where pretty much everyone plays lacrosse

and ice hockey is more expensive. thats why it is not that popular with younger kids. i would have played ice hockey but it costs so much.

but i wouldnt be so sure about lacrosse never catching up. obviosuly professional lacrosse is never going to match hockey because hockey have been around for so long and lacrosse is really tough to follow on tv. but as far as popularity, lacrosse is definitely on its way

Yeah a month or two ago I was walking around DeCou Fields where I used to play Soccer and they got Lacrosse stuff going on there and I never remember it from when I played Soccer there. No question it's growing. I'm just not a fan lol.

And why isn't bull riding a sport? Sure it is. And you said lacrosse was the fastest growing sport in the last 10 years or some crap.

Yeah a month or two ago I was walking around DeCou Fields where I used to play Soccer and they got Lacrosse stuff going on there and I never remember it from when I played Soccer there. No question it's growing. I'm just not a fan lol.

And why isn't bull riding a sport? Sure it is. And you said lacrosse was the fastest growing sport in the last 10 years or some crap.

lol, bull riding is not a sport. but even if it is, lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in the country. i forget the time period and exactly how much it is increasing, but it is some insane number, absolutely bigger then bull riding

i dont really care for baseball but im going to go with baseball. i cant stand football (or soccer as you call it)

seriously, in football is someone comes within 3 foot of another player, they both end up on the floor complaining that they cant walk. when they notice the ref isnt looking, they get up and carry on again. every time something goes wrong, the players blame the referees. if you lose a game in the final minutes it becuase the refs added too much extra time. if the offense outnumbers the defense its becuase a defender tripped and didnt get a call his way.

the league is a complete mess aswell. all you need is a rich owner (preferably someone who owns an oil rig) and youve got a good team, bceuase you just buy every single player in the league.

like i said, i dont care about baseball, i just hate football. and what annoys me more is that in england its made out to be the best thing since sliced bread.

i dont really care for baseball but im going to go with baseball. i cant stand football (or soccer as you call it)

seriously, in football is someone comes within 3 foot of another player, they both end up on the floor complaining that they cant walk. when they notice the ref isnt looking, they get up and carry on again. every time something goes wrong, the players blame the referees. if you lose a game in the final minutes it becuase the refs added too much extra time. if the offense outnumbers the defense its becuase a defender tripped and didnt get a call his way.

the league is a complete mess aswell. all you need is a rich owner (preferably someone who owns an oil rig) and youve got a good team, bceuase you just buy every single player in the league.

like i said, i dont care about baseball, i just hate football. and what annoys me more is that in england its made out to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Yeah, those New York Yankees have never heard of doing that.

lolwtf.

That happens but rarely, theres many players who dont even flop, and theres a lot of players who just do get tripped, when you are running at full speed, anything, even a little rock or slightly a tap on the foot will knock you off balance and have you running to the floor, and falling at full speed will hurt for a few seconds and you just get up, some players overreact to their injuries but a kick anywhere near the foot hurts like a [expletive], you'd know this if you played the sport instead of observating like a dumbass during a MLS match.

The league is also perfect, I love the way its done, sure the richest team will mostly be the best but theres always a lower level team that comes out and plays really well and wins the league, like Alkmaar of the Dutch League and Wolfsburg of the German League and Rubin Kazan of the Russian league who won it all in the last year.

England is made to be the best thing since sliced bread? their league or their national team?

Their league is obviously one of the best and funnest to watch, its the most physical and quickest league. But the national team doesnt get much respect, not even much of their own English fans care about the national team but they have done pretty good lately.