Soccer or Baseball?

Diesel

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They don't jog for 45 minutes straight.

They hang at mid-field, walk, jog a little, then sprint, and repeat the process.

It's people like you, Slaven, and "Bosnian" that has know clue what he is saying, that make people on this site that don't mind soccer want to hate it.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

lmao, I implore you to play one down in the trenches with all the physical jostling, shoving, and borderline murder that goes on, and see if you make it back in one piece. High school, college, wherever.

A far cry from soccer, where a player takes a love tap and feigns death on the field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfGYKFaE9l4

The face of soccer: a melodramatic metrosexual that probably paints his nails and goes purse shopping. Real man.

Lol, I'm not saying football is not manly. I played football for about 5 years, and I've played soccer for about 12 years. Soccer is much more excruciating physically than football, especially since you practically get no break. Sure I got plenty of bruises playing football, but the feeling in your lungs when you play soccer is much more painful. At least so, in my opinion.

And I agree with you, soccer would be a much better sport if players wouldn't dive to get calls, but the same can go to basketball when players flop. But I don't consider fat men tugging each other and dropping them to the ground manly in any sense of the word.

• Like 1

Full speed? Doing what, pushing other fat men out of the way to run 5 yards to tackle someone to the ground?

Compared to running and jogging for 45 minutes straight, get a 15 minute break, and then another 45 minutes?

In soccer if you get subbed out you can't come back in; most NFL players wouldn't survive playing 30 minutes of soccer.

News to me. Apparently, physical exertion is only present in running.

Lol, I'm not saying football is not manly. I played football for about 5 years, and I've played soccer for about 12 years. Soccer is much more excruciating physically than football, especially since you practically get no break. Sure I got plenty of bruises playing football, but the feeling in your lungs when you play soccer is much more painful. At least so, in my opinion.

So did you play touch or flag?

Full speed? Doing what, pushing other fat men out of the way to run 5 yards to tackle someone to the ground?

Compared to running and jogging for 45 minutes straight, get a 15 minute break, and then another 45 minutes?

In soccer if you get subbed out you can't come back in; most NFL players wouldn't survive playing 30 minutes of soccer.

Apparently you don't understand how difficult it is to push a 300 pound man of the way. Then to do it again, and again, and again, and again.

Edited by Fish7718

They don't jog for 45 minutes straight.

They hang at mid-field, walk, job a little, then sprint, and repeat the process.

It's people like you, Slaven, and "Bosnian" that has know clue what he is saying, that make people on this site that don't mind soccer want to hate it.

That's what you would like to think, but if you've ever watched soccer (MLS doesn't count) then you know that's not how it works.

But if that's the case, then NFL players just hang around at whatever position in the field, and start tugging at each other when it's time, hoping to tackle the running back or sack the quarterback, and when that's not successful wait another minute for everybody to get assembled again to repeat the process.

I love football (not as much as soccer or basketball), but you guys are overrating the "manliness" it takes to play it.

Not that hard if it requires you to weigh 300 yourself.

:) That says it all right there it is super difficult especially when both and exerting all of their strength on every play on eachother. You must have muscular endurance which takes a much bigger toll on someone then respiratory endurance.

I haven't even watched this whole video, but it was the first video I saw when I typed in "NFL Hardest Hits", and I don't need to finish watching it to know that this is 2523562 times more "manly" than anything in soccer.

I don't hate soccer, but to say that the NFL is just a bunch of fat guys "tugging" each other is absurd.

[meida]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M81KviQGUVE[/media]

Edited by EastCoastNiner

:) That says it all right there it is super difficult especially when both and exerting all of their strength on every play on eachother. You must have muscular endurance which takes a much bigger toll on someone then respiratory endurance.

I never said soccer is "manlier" than football. I'm just saying soccer is not for pansies as trojan would like to believe.

I haven't even watched this whole video, but it was the first video I saw when I typed in "NFL Hardest Hits", and I don't need to finish watching it to know that this is 2523562 times more "manly" than anything in soccer.

I don't hate soccer, but to say that the NFL is just a bunch of fat guys "tugging" each other is absurd.

Just as absurd as saying soccer is for pansies. It works both ways.

I never said soccer is "manlier" than football. I'm just saying soccer is not for pansies as trojan would like to believe.

Haha trojan? That kid knows nothing you just have to ignore he hasn't made a valid point like ever lol.

Watching that vid has me all hyped for football now lol

Being "manly" just isn't about hitting each other.

Yea seriously, who gives a [expletive] if a sport is physical or not.

Theres lots of soccer fans that like UFC, including me. Nobody gives a [expletive] if a sport is physical or not, Soccer can be physical, there are soccer players out there that are pansies and arent pansies, but the ones that arent pansies outnumber the ones who are, there are only a few pansy players I can name, but theres many that can get up in seconds from a slide tackle, there are many that are just beasts like Wayne Rooney, George Elokobi, Jozy Altidore, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand, etc.

Plus if americans like contact sports, what the hell is baseball?

If you dont like flopping then why do you watch basketball?

There's a difference between flopping and that lmao

ROFL during soccer 'practice' do you guys break it down and start acting practice? Priceless!

Edited by Fish7718

There's a difference between flopping and that lmao

ROFL during soccer 'practice' do you guys break it down and start acting practice? Priceless!

Whats the difference between flopping and "that"? Enlighten me

Nah during practice we take steroids.

If you dont like flopping then why do you watch basketball?

There is flopping in basketball, but no where near the amount that there is in soccer.

Also, getting run into by a 250 pound man on a hard court is different than getting grazed by 180 men on a grass field.

I don't care that soccer isn't as physical, but trying to make the point that football is just tugging people is insane.

Also, if I am showcasing the best of football and the worst of soccer, please find me a video of a bunch of "flopping" football players.