Orlando at Miami

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

Apparently this game might not even be sold out, so pathetic.

Yeah I just heard about that on ESPN. And I'm not sure on this cause I'm relying on my friend since he has family in Florida. My friend's family has numerous times said that Florida is probably one of the worst states to be a sports fan. Wether that holds some truth or not I kind of gotta agree in general. The Rays had to give out thousand of tickets near the end of their season to fill out some seats and they were a championship contending team. The Heat now not selling out their home opener and they have a trio of LeBron, Wade, and Bosh? And last I heard the Buccaneers have not soldout a game this season at all and they are 4-2. So maybe it has to do with the state I don't know but I'm starting to believe my friend that in general that Florida is just not a good state to be a sports fan in.

Edited by magicbalala245

Apparently this game might not even be sold out, so pathetic.

Trust me, it will be packed. Tickets are sold out, they just get sold outside of the arena for 5x the actual price. When they say tickets still available, they mean nose bleed standing room only at the top of the arena, and for that its better to be at a restaurant in Miami Beach watching the game. Its not so much the arena as it is the entire Miami area is gonna tune in to this game.

Wow, that intro was kind of boring......the old ones were better.

Piss off about the fans...when we are motivated, its easily the best crowd in the NBA. Its packed, people are wearing black. You just want 20,000 extremely loyal Heat fans there every night, fact is, there aren't that many. This trio is whats gonna start the big fan base, just like the Lakers got a start somewhere. They didn't get a loyal fan base out of nowhere.

Edited by SRV

Wow, that intro was kind of boring......the old ones were better.

Piss off about the fans...when we are motivated, its easily the best crowd in the NBA. Its packed, people are wearing black. You just want 20,000 extremely loyal Heat fans there every night, fact is, there aren't that many. This trio is whats gonna start the big fan base, just like the Lakers got a start somewhere. They didn't get a loyal fan base out of nowhere.

The Heat won a title, there is no reason why they didn't sell out last year either as a playoff team. Fans in Miami just suck for EVERY sport. Marlins win two titles, no one cares. Dolphins are good, no one goes. No one goes to Hurricanes games. Sorry that you were raised in a crappy sports town.

Thats not me though....if I was rich as [expletive] I would go to every sporting event possible. This is Miami, its mainly tourists. People that live in Miami don't have the ability to crap their money away on a sports game every night, there is way more to do than just go to sporting events. Yea, people are spoiled, they would rather go clubbing and spend a night around Miami Beach. In a place like Cleveland its easy to go to a sports game, what else is there to do? Stand outside and freeze your [expletive] off?

Also the Marlins management blows, I don't support anything they do so they can go screw off until they learn to sign big names and keep good players. Dolphins games are always packed, they have the most loyal fan base, so I don't know what games your are watching. The Hurricanes games are also always packed. When they were in the Orange Bowl it was a big deal, its just dumb to have them play 10 million miles away from their campus.

Edited by SRV

Thats not me though....if I was rich as [expletive] I would go to every sporting event possible. This is Miami, its mainly tourists. People that live in Miami don't have the ability to crap their money away on a sports game every night, there is way more to do than just go to sporting events. Yea, people are spoiled, they would rather go clubbing and spend a night around Miami Beach. In a place like Cleveland its easy to go to a sports game, what else is there to do? Stand outside and freeze your [expletive] off?

I think Orlando is bigger in the tourism industry, but the Magic aren't having problems. Hell, they just opened a new arena. There is tons of [expletive] to do in LA, but the Dodgers, Angels, and Lakers have no problems selling out. During the playoffs, its a big deal to people that they have to choose between which game they are going to go to since you can't be in two places at once. If the Dolphins were in the playoffs and the Heat were playing the Lakers in Miami, fans would rather go clubbing than go to EITHER game.