Orlando at Miami

Real Deal

Orlando couldn't have played a [expletive]tier quarter lol. 2-20 shooting, and I lost track of all the turnovers. Credit to Miami's defense though they are intercepting a whole bunch of passes. Defensive rotations were excellent. One thing if for sure, once the Heat get momentum they are gonna be a tough team to stop.

Edited by Confidence

So Dwight just complained about a call and didn't get a technical but Lebron walked away in frustration and gets a technical?

didnt walk... ran... im sure he shouted something in frustration as well and his arms went up really fast towards his face.

Dwight stood there and looked as though he was talking to the REF.

i do agree that LBJ shouldnt have gotten his Technical... but there was definitely more emotion from LBJ than Dwight

didnt walk... ran... im sure he shouted something in frustration as well and his arms went up really fast towards his face.

Dwight stood there and looked as though he was talking to the REF.

i do agree that LBJ shouldnt have gotten his Technical... but there was definitely more emotion from LBJ than Dwight

He had just stolen the ball so he was on his way to a break away dunk and then they blew the whistle and obviously he would have some kind of reaction. It was a stupid technical. The rule saids that you can't argue any calls with the ref. Dwight looked at the ref and said "How is that a foul" and didn't get anything. You have to be consistent with things like that.

He had just stolen the ball so he was on his way to a break away dunk and then they blew the whistle and obviously he would have some kind of reaction. It was a stupid technical. The rule saids that you can't argue any calls with the ref. Dwight looked at the ref and said "How is that a foul" and didn't get anything. You have to be consistent with things like that.

i thought it was outwards display of emotion towards the ref that wasnt allowed...

as i already said though... the T on LBJ was horrid... simply to call it on Howard kuz he asked, in what looked to be a calm voice, "how was that a foul"? wouldnt be right and it wouldnt make things 'even'

Incredible defense. Nobody on the other team had more than a single assist. Granted, it is Jameer Nelson and Chris Duhon running the point. Still. If the Heat are this good on their third official game together, imagine how good they will be after 82.

• Like 1

Incredible defense. Nobody on the other team had more than a single assist. Granted, it is Jameer Nelson and Chris Duhon running the point. Still. If the Heat are this good on their third official game together, imagine how good they will be after 82.

And when we get another great perimeter shooter in Miller back.

WOW. What a game and what an atmosphere. The place was PACKED and it was electric inside the Triple A. The defense tremendous and the offense is coming along as well. Wade is really impressing me so far, he and LBJ really seem to feed off of each other really well and it leads to brilliance on both ends. I still don't like the way we're using Bosh though. We need to use him more on pick and rolls with Wade and let him get those mid-range jumpers he's so good at. Big Z was great tonight with some real timely buckets as well.

Not as good as L.A. or Boston who will both abuse the Heat inside.

And, I'm pretty sure at the end of the season my feelings about taking Kobe and Shaq over this trio (really due since Bosh is pretty damn over-rated) will be re-affirmed.

They played well tonight, but they will get eaten alive by teams with a good low-post presence, and no, D12 is not that.

Not as good as L.A. or Boston who will both abuse the Heat inside.

And, I'm pretty sure at the end of the season my feelings about taking Kobe and Shaq over this trio (really due since Bosh is pretty damn over-rated) will be re-affirmed.

They played well tonight, but they will get eaten alive by teams with a good low-post presence, and no, D12 is not that.

Did you watch Dwight tonight? Dude was hitting jumpers and looked like a completely different player on offense.

Boston didn't abuse us, we lost by single digits on the road in our first game together. First game! It was a 3 point game with a minute to go.

I didn't even realize they were using Bosh, at least offensively. He is lucky to get more than a touch a quarter.

Once Spo realizes that a pick and roll with Wade or LeBron and Bosh is virtually unstoppable he'll be getting a ton of looks. Just waiting on the amateur.

How PFs and Cs have done so far against the Heat..

Playing Boston

Garnett: 4-11

Shaq: 3-7

JO: 0-3

Davis: 6-7

Playing Philly

Brand: 6-11

Hawes: 0-3

Speights: 0-3

Young: 6-8

Playing Orlando

Howard: 8-15

Lewis: 0-9

Bass: 1-5

Gortat: 0-0

So I guess the only real low post threats the Heat have faced are superstars Glen Davis and Thaddeus Young, who surely attract more defensive attention that Kevin Garnett and Elton Brand. Otherwise, I don't see the big issue.

But please, keep searching for excuses.

Edited by Poe

Bosh is criminally underrated as a defender. He obviously isn't lockdown, but he is an average, potentially above average, defender, especially playing on a top team that will actually expect him to have defensive responsibility.

Edited by Check my Stats