Boston at New York

Real Deal

I guess if you just throw your defender off you and shoot it Celtics win, game was pretty chippy but w/e I guess. Amar'e should have made the shot on the previous possession.

If this isn't a rivalry why is Paul Pierce actin like such a [expletive]?

Edited by STATCity

That's a man-sized shot by Amare. Guru, I don't even think Stoudemire played that poorly on the Pierce jumper. The problem is switching everything. There's not too much Stoudemire can do against Pierce other than stay in front as well he did and throw a hand up. I'd have doubled off Rondo simply because Pierce is the go to iso-player.

Damn, man... Got back for the final four or so possessions, and was upset at the Chandler touch foul on Pierce, the non-call on Felton, and to a much lesser extent the non-call on Stoudemire (which wasn't a foul, but is a call often made). I guess the Gallo call made up for it, but the Felton non-call into an Allen 3 pretty much sealed it for Boston.

We are not in the league of a Boston Celtics, and I am proud of this team for hanging in it through the final possession. Gotta keep getting better.

That's a man-sized shot by Amare. Guru, I don't even think Stoudemire played that poorly on the Pierce jumper. The problem is switching everything. There's not too much Stoudemire can do against Pierce other than stay in front as well he did and throw a hand up. I'd have doubled off Rondo simply because Pierce is the go to iso-player.

Yeah on a 2nd look it wasn't bad D. But initially it sure looked like it.

This was probably the game of the year. The Knicks, especially Amare, played great but the Celtics are too good and experienced in 4th quarters. That game-winner Pierce hit was a helluva shot, his patented step-back fadeaway.

I didn't watch the whole game, but I caught the 4th quarter and I have to say that that was easily the most exciting quarter of basketball I've watched this season. Both teams were effectively running their offenses. Celts got all this credit about being the best defensive team in the league but they had no answer to the Felton-Amare pick and roll.

The officiating was horrible in the 4th, I lost track of how many fouls the Celts got away with.

Major props to Amare though, he has shut his critics up in a big way. That last shot was clearly late, but that was picture perfect form. Also lol at Paul Pierce, act like you've been there man. There was no need to take a circle around the court and then bow to the crowd at the end of the game.

• Like 2