New York at Orlando

Real Deal

Officiating in this game was awful lol, just look at the free throw numbers, oh well I'm not blamming the loss on the refs, just saying, rough loss, should have won but Jameer killed us.

It was like what...41 for New York and 48 for Orlando?

Officiating in this game was awful lol, just look at the free throw numbers, oh well I'm not blamming the loss on the refs, just saying, rough loss, should have won but Jameer killed us.

I think it had more to do with Melo's 33% FG shooting than 3 extra FT's for the Majix.

It was more of the no calls then the calls I was alluding to anyway.

And I think it had more to do with Fields, Williams, Douglas, Carter, Shooting 1-15 from 3

*kanye shrug*

It was more of the no calls then the calls I was alluding to anyway.

And I think it had more to do with Fields, Williams, Douglas, Carter, Shooting 1-15 from 3

Do you honestly think a 3 free throw disparity, a couple missed calls (which likely went both ways), or a 7/24 outing from four combined role players had more of an affect on the game than Melo's 8/24 outing?

*kanye shrug*

http://i52.tinypic.com/311sy9l.gif

• Like 2

Do you honestly think a 3 free throw disparity, a couple missed calls (which likely went both ways), or a 7/24 outing from four combined role players had more of an affect on the game than Melo's 8/24 outing?

When the role players job is to hit 3's and they don't hit 3's yes lol, Melo is what, 3 FG's from 11/24 performance which is what, 6 points and a very respectable performance. You act like 8/24 is a horrible game, yes it was bad, but when you have players on the court whos job is to hit open 3's and they miss them all, thats a problem. The role players were 1 of 15 from 3, had they been 5 of 15, respectable, thats 12 extra points, so yes to answer your question. For the third time I am not saying its the refs fault lol and I've never alluded to a free throw disparity, I guess you just keep missing this. I just think the officiating was terrible, if it were at MSG I think Dwight would have fouled out tbh. I don't know why you pick a pointless argument with me. -_-

Anyways, just happy that we showed we have what it takes to compete with the top dogs, to go into to Orlando and to lead the way we did is impressive, even if we did blow it.

Edited by fish7718

Anyways, just happy that we showed we have what it takes to compete with the top dogs, to go into to Orlando and to lead the way we did is impressive, even if we did blow it.

You still lost, don't forget. You don't want to give up so many points against Orlando, its a recipe for disaster.

You still lost, don't forget. You don't want to give up so many points against Orlando, its a recipe for disaster.

Still lot's of things didn't go right for us, our chemistry is still off, players weren't hitting open shots, Jameer went NBA Jam mode on us in the 4th, there is no pick and roll in our offense right now. Once we get back to pick and roll in the fourth as opposed to iso I think we will have more success, however thats more of the chemistry thing.

Still lot's of things didn't go right for us, our chemistry is still off, players weren't hitting open shots, Jameer went NBA Jam mode on us in the 4th, there is no pick and roll in our offense right now. Once we get back to pick and roll in the fourth as opposed to iso I think we will have more success, however thats more of the chemistry thing.

That isn't something that is going to be fixed though, you are a D'Antoni team.

8 of 24 is a bad game, lol. 33% and 1/5 from 3. You can say he makes three mystery shots and he has a respectable game, but the fact is that he was only one make better that these role players that you're talking about. He had a horrible 4th quarter and as the star we traded everyone for, he takes majority blame. I also apologize for misunderstanding your ref complaint, you keep saying they were terrible and missed a ton of calls and then that you're not blaming them. Confusing.

You act like 8/24 is a horrible game, yes it was bad,

8 of 24 is a bad game, lol. 33% and 1/5 from 3. You can say he makes three mystery shots and he has a respectable game, but the fact is that he was only one make better that these role players that you're talking about. He had a horrible 4th quarter and as the star we traded everyone for, he takes majority blame. I also apologize for misunderstanding your ref complaint, you keep saying they were terrible and missed a ton of calls and then that you're not blaming them. Confusing.

Is there an echo in this thread :)? Obvioiusly where we disagree is you want to throw all the blame or the majority of the blame on Melo, I completely disagree. We lost as a team, Melo did a bad job of scoring down the stretch but even then he created a few open looks for shooters who just missed their shots, not to mention Melo can not do anything about Jameer Nelson burning Chauncey Billups. We lost as a team tonight, the team play bad offensivley and everyone really had a flaw in their game tonight, not just Melo. Amar'e had a poor rebounding performance, Billups allowed Jameer to scorch him and he too shot 33% from the floor, the role players didn't step up and fill their roles, it was a team loss. I forgive the misunderstanding, all I'm saying is that they were terrible, when it come down to it, in the fourth quarter we were leading and poor officiating or not it is up to us to outplay the Magic and get the W.

That isn't something that is going to be fixed though, you are a D'Antoni team.

Wrong, the Knicks have shown flashes of what resembles a decent defense, not only that but Jameer was doing his thing 1 on 1 and off high screens, mostly he was just taking and making tough shots. Defense wasn't even that bad on him, he was just that damn good.

Stop [expletive]ing contradicting yourself, lol. Melo sucked, but he didn't suck. The refs sucked, missed a hundred calls, dwight should have fouled out, but i'm not blaming the refs. You have two completely contradictory thought processes and then note the opposite one when i say something, haha. If kobe goes 8/24 and the lakers lose, steve blake and luke walton won't get the blame. If the star of our team, who the offense runs through, has a shitty game and especially 4th quarter, he's going to catch blame.