Orlando at Miami

Real Deal

Do you know what understatement means? I was making a joke about your comment that the Heat are chokers, by saying that phrase is downplaying how big the Heat choke.

Heat choke, can't get any more embarrassing then that.

What do you mean Cleveland still sucks? I seem to recall them winning 60+ games for 2 consecutive seasons.

If they land Kyrie Irving or Perry Jones then they already have a better future than the Raptors. No offense to BFT and CMS though.

Irving sure because I think he has the ability to become a top 5 point guard in the league, but I honestly don't know if I would say that the Cavs would have a better future than the Raptors if they land Jones, considering the Raptors will be picking in the top 7 at worst, top 3 at best.

I'd take a young core of:

DeRozan

Davis

Johnson

Johnson

Lotto pick

over

Hickson

Jones

Eyenga

Sessions

Clippers pick

It is pretty much irrelevant, though, considering enither one of these teams are going to be worth a damn for another 3 years at least (and more realistically, it will be around 5 unless they get a bonafide superstar in the draft). Cleveland has mastered the art of tanking so I'd probably give them the edge.

Another thing that's becoming too much of a recurring theme is Dwyane's flat out lack of intensity at key points in the game. He's constantly jogging back on defense which resulted in a ton of open threes tonight, make a stupid mistake or doing other things that hurt us late in games. His defense has also been so bad. Nick Young, Chauncey and J Rich all made him look like an amateur out there on defense. He needs to step it up big time and become a leader even if it isn't in his personality to do so.

Spo needs to go. I tried to go all in with him, but even tonight there were Magic fans at the game saying the same thing.

His rotations are god awful. Just flat out terrible. He makes 0 adjustments which has been a recurring thing his whole tenure with us. Stan made the adjustments tonight and Spo didn't do a thing. Dwight Howard was so bad tonight that we didn't need to send our whole team after him in the post. That's the worst idea ever, because Orlando is so loaded with shooters.

We also have to be the absolute worst team in NBA history coming out of timeouts. Usually teams call a timeout and draw up a decent play which results in a good shot around the basket. Noooo not with Spo you don't! We'll get plays called for Chris Bosh threes or LeBron, you hold it for 20 seconds and then go. Dude has been way over his head for a while now and its time to go.

Talent will only get us so far. How many titles did the Kobe/Shaq Lakers win before Phil jumped on board? You need greatness at the helm for teams like this. Riley needs to do this and he has to do it soon.

• Owner

His rotations are god awful. Just flat out terrible. He makes 0 adjustments which has been a recurring thing his whole tenure with us. Stan made the adjustments tonight and Spo didn't do a thing. Dwight Howard was so bad tonight that we didn't need to send our whole team after him in the post. That's the worst idea ever, because Orlando is so loaded with shooters.

What rotations? Honestly, you guys don't have anyone to rotate. You're a Big Three, and a bunch of guys that may have a bit of talent, but never get the ball until it's too late. Spo did what he was supposed to do by starting Dampier, made the right choice by starting Chalmers, and now you're pissed at him because he's not playing the right guys?

We also have to be the absolute worst team in NBA history coming out of timeouts. Usually teams call a timeout and draw up a decent play which results in a good shot around the basket. Noooo not with Spo you don't! We'll get plays called for Chris Bosh threes or LeBron, you hold it for 20 seconds and then go. Dude has been way over his head for a while now and its time to go.

The Heat don't have any plays. They (the team) has chosen to run ISO's for LeBron and Wade, just what they asked for.

The fact is, no coach is going to turn LeBron into a player that runs around like Rip Hamilton and plays a catch-and-shoot game, and no coach is going to turn Wade into that, either. You guys will have to live with both needing the ball, holding on to the ball for half of the clock, and waiting for shooters to free themselves up for a shot. Cleveland Cavaliers basketball, with an extra superstar.

Talent will only get us so far. How many titles did the Kobe/Shaq Lakers win before Phil jumped on board? You need greatness at the helm for teams like this. Riley needs to do this and he has to do it soon.

Don't ever compare the two teams. Kobe and Shaq didn't win a damn thing before Phil because Harris wasn't starting Kobe for the first two seasons of his career, and the third season doesn't even count in NBA history because it was a lockout season.

Once the ball was put into Kobe's hands, and he started running the offense (an offense that didn't revolve around just Shaq) and scoring around 24-25 PPG, they were champs.

• Owner

Do you think this team could work with the triangle? Because our offense sucks right now.

Probably so, but LeBron would have to defer to Wade as the primary option (or Bosh, but we know Bosh is no primary option). LeBron would facilitate as a true point-forward, Wade would be the primary scorer, and they would be surrounded by shooters.

You really don't have a true post, but Chicago never did, especially after they lost Horace Grant (who was never a force down low).

The offense is fine, though. It's a top five in the NBA right now, and the Heat are a top three shooting team (meaning, FG%). They are also a pretty good three-point shooting team, but they are in the middle of the league in attempts.

Wade needs to be more aggressive, but not looking to always score.

LeBron needs to be more aggressive, looking to score more.

Bosh needs to be more aggressive, looking to do BOTH scoring and facilitating out of the post (or in any isolations he gets).

Too much uncertainty. It goes with the theme "there are not enough balls on the court."

Boston's three put it together quickly because, while they all needed the ball to do their thing, their things were different from each other. Pierce loved the mid-range game, Garnett could post up and play his man face-up, Ray was a spot-up shooter and one of the greatest off the ball (similar to Miller).

LeBron and Wade are the same player, just a different build...and, because of that, they are going to have to play similar. Right now, they are trying to be different from one another...and it's their flaw, having to change it up a bit. They need to just stick with their games, let the offense come and go, and expect everyone to adjust.

• Owner

Simple way to put it: Wade and LeBron are trying to adjust to each other more than anything else, and they just need to play their game. Same with Bosh.

With all three playing their games (the same way they played last season), the rest of the team will fall in line, and things will set in. Miller, Chalmers, Jones, Bibby, all of them are going to be spot-up shooters. None of them are going to have the ball (not even Bibby). If the big three are attacking, the best teams will collapse, and that opens up the court. Assuming those three are playing the way they would back in Cleveland, Toronto and the Heat (pre-three), they will find their teammates quicker, for better shots, and less madness on the court.

As far as what happens in the last two minutes goes...it should all be based on the opposing team's weaknesses (don't see how this isn't obvious). If the team is the Lakers, it's probably best to go to Wade down the stretch, to make Kobe work extra hard on defense AND have to go back down the court and provide offense. If it's Boston, it's LeBron because of the muscle and physicality. If it's the Bulls, use Bosh and attack Boozer. Orlando? Wade has to be aggressive against J-Rich, P&R action to get to the line, something.

The big three's best bet is to not change who they are, as individual players, and just go out and win games. Once they get into the playoffs, they can draw the defensive attention and work together to get Bosh a few dominating performances, and it's open season for their shooters.

• Like 1

Only one problem with your theory RD, there's only 1 basketball :lol: the only way they can all be agressive is if they make sure only 2 of the big 3 on the court at a time meaning

First 8 mins - LeBron - Wade

Next 8 mins - LeBron - Bosh

Next 8 mins - Wade - Bosh

Haltime

First 8 mins - LeBron - Bosh

Final 8 mins - LeBron - Wade, bring Bosh in 2 mins left

• Owner

Only one problem with your theory RD, there's only 1 basketball :lol: the only way they can all be agressive is if they make sure only 2 of the big 3 on the court at a time meaning

First 8 mins - LeBron - Wade

Next 8 mins - LeBron - Bosh

Haltime

First 8 mins - LeBron - Bosh

Final 8 mins - LeBron - Wade, bring Bosh in 2 mins left

Ideal, until they become a bottom five defensive team in the NBA. Right now, they are ranked 4th (defensively), and that's mainly due to the big three being in the game at the same time. If Haslem was around, and they had a real defensive anchor, it would be a different story.

Plus, LeBron for 16 minutes, then sitting 8 minutes + half, then 8 minutes of playing, 8 minutes back on the bench, then finishing the game...no coach in the history of the game has done anything like that with a superstar player before, not in spurts similar to that. It would completely ruin his jumper, lessen adrenaline and stamina, weaken muscles, and even minimize drive. Same with Wade and Bosh. You have to keep in mind that those 8 minutes are "game minutes" and not real time...a game is over three times longer than the 48 minutes on the game clock, so those 8 minutes of sitting could be 15-20 minutes (taking out the halftime, "play" minutes are around 2-3 times longer in real time). It's a lot of time sitting, coming back in and playing, then sitting, etc...good way to get injured as well. Cold muscles.

It has been done. Kobe, Shaq, Malone and Payton went to the Finals, sacrificed their numbers...but none of it was intentional. It all happened within their games...just ended up staying aggressive (Kobe and Shaq), and the other two fit in by contributing as much as they could as the two superstars dictated when.

I think what's going to be misunderstood, when it comes to my post, is the fact that I said they need to contribute the same way they did last season. I'm not talking about numbers, though, I'm talking about style. When James has the ball, I don't see Wade doing ANYTHING. He should be playing to get the ball in his hands, even if he doesn't think Bron will pass it to him. Bosh? He has to hit the post when he has the size advantage and call the ball, no matter what.

Watching the Lakers these last three seasons, I've seen enough of it. When Bryant isn't going to get a shot attempt, he still pursues the ball...calls for it, posts up, acts like he wants it every single possession (unless he's disinterested, like most of the team has been every now and then).

Funny enough, when Kobe called Gasol out for not being more aggressive...that's what he meant. He doesn't want Gasol to jack up 20 shots a game, he wants him to want the ball.

Wade and LeBron can't stand back and let each other do work. While the idea was probably that they would have less of a workload, and in a way they do, they still have to play 35-40 minutes per game, and they still have to want the ball. If they are trying to change each others' games, for the sake of each other and their teammates, they will continue to lose to the elite teams that are GLAD to know LeBron and Wade are a bit different these days.

Irving sure because I think he has the ability to become a top 5 point guard in the league, but I honestly don't know if I would say that the Cavs would have a better future than the Raptors if they land Jones, considering the Raptors will be picking in the top 7 at worst, top 3 at best.

I'd take a young core of:

DeRozan

Davis

Johnson

Johnson

Lotto pick

over

Hickson

Jones

Eyenga

Sessions

Clippers pick

It is pretty much irrelevant, though, considering enither one of these teams are going to be worth a damn for another 3 years at least (and more realistically, it will be around 5 unless they get a bonafide superstar in the draft). Cleveland has mastered the art of tanking so I'd probably give them the edge.

Depends on Jones' development but point taken.