Who is the best songwriter ever?

His Greatness

He's a very good song writer, even though he has many inept lines in his songs, but he's not a good singer by any means.

Also, I don't know why you'd try and showcase "Knocking On Heaven's Door" when his most famous and #1 raked song by "Rolling Stone" is..."Like A Rolling Stone", which is a great song, but he doesn't have great vocals.

Not to mention that many other artists that praise him say the same thing, and Bob Dylan has tried multiple singing voices for his songs over his career to change it.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

No, I agree with ECN. Bob Dylan is an amazing song writer, but face it, he has a terrible voice. It doesn't take away from his musical talent by any means, but his voice isn't pleasant to listen to.

And I'd have to say either Freddy Mercury or Robert Plant, aside from Dylan, and McCartney/Lennon.

No, I agree with ECN. Bob Dylan is an amazing song writer, but face it, he has a terrible voice. It doesn't take away from his musical talent by any means, but his voice isn't pleasant to listen to.

And I'd have to say either Freddy Mercury or Robert Plant, aside from Dylan, and McCartney/Lennon.

QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I guarantee I listen to more older music than you do haha.

Nahhh, that's all I really listen to.

All I really listen to is oldies, and I listen to w/e is on the radio, but mainly 98.5 and 100.7(oldies).

I know like every Queen song, and listen to the Beatles, Eagles, Rolling Stones, Elvis, Steve Miller Band, ect., but w/e.

Nahhh, that's all I really listen to.

All I really listen to is oldies, and I listen to w/e is on the radio, but mainly 98.5 and 100.7(oldies).

I know like every Queen song, and listen to the Beatles, Eagles, Rolling Stones, Elvis, Steve Miller Band, ect., but w/e.

Not to sound like a dick but I probably have you beat :). I have studied music for basically my whole life, and have even attended a music school aimed towards 60s and 70s classic rock.