NLCS Discussion: San Francisco Giants vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Phightins

Probable Pitching Matchups:

Game 1 (10/16, 7:57 PM EST, Citizens Bank Park): Tim Lincecum vs. Roy Halladay

Game 2 (10/17, 8:19 PM EST, Citizens Bank Park): Jonathan Sanchez vs. Roy Oswalt

Game 3 (10/18, 4:19 PM EST, AT&T Park): Cole Hamels vs. Matt Cain

Game 4 (10/19, 7:57 PM EST, AT&T Park): Joe Blanton vs. Madison Bumgarner

Game 5 (10/20, 7:57 PM EST, AT&T Park): Roy Halladay vs. Tim Lincecum

Game 6 (10/22, 3:57 PM EST, Citizens Bank Park)*: Jonathan Sanchez vs. Roy Oswalt

Game 7 (10/23, 7:57 PM EST, Citizens Bank Park)*: Matt Cain vs. Cole Hamels

*= If Necessary

All games on FOX

Edited by Phightins

Thanks largely to Glee, there is a ridiculous Tuesday afternoon game in San Francisco. As I have been saying for years, money and TV are truly ruining sports. Anyway, I digress....

Obviously the rotations are up in the air. I think the only way the Phillies skip Blanton and go to Halladay on short rest is if they are down 3-0. On the other hand, if the Giants are down 2-1 or worse going into game 4, I wouldn't be shocked if they go to Lincecum.

Game 1 is going to be epic, two of the best pitches in the entire league going head to head. Scoring runs is going to be really difficult for us, this isn't the type of series where we can win by scoring 2-3 runs. I'm confident, but the offense is going to need to pick it up.

Edited by Confidence

Also, I am tempted to go down to the Complex and just chill there for a while to soak in the atmosphere. There is also a Flyers-Penguins game tonight, so it's going to be a mad house down there. But I probably won't go since it will make me depressed that I don't have tickets to either game :(.

I'm scared, even though the Giants did beat Halladay this season.

Yeah this makes me a bit nervous, although if I remember correctly, Mark DeRosa and Eli Whiteside did most of the damage in that game.

Yeah this makes me a bit nervous, although if I remember correctly, Mark DeRosa and Eli Whiteside did most of the damage in that game.

What makes this even more interesting is that it is both Lincecum and Halladay's second playoff games. I forgot that this was Halladay's playoffs debut. A few more hours...lol

Cablevision and Fox parent News Corp. have walked away from the negotiating table for the evening.

That leaves 3 million customers in the New York metropolitan area with little hope of watching the first game of baseball's National League Championship Series from their couch. The American League Championship Series between the Yankees and Texas Rangers, which began Friday, is airing on TBS and isn't affected by the dispute.

Cablevision spokesman Jim Maiella says both sides met for hours Saturday afternoon. He says negotiators plan to meet again Sunday.

News Corp.'s Fox pulled its channels off Cablevision early Saturday after the companies' programming deal expired and negotiations for a new one stalled, threatening broadcasts of the National League Championship Series for some 3 million Cablevision subscribers in parts of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.

The blackout affects Fox 5 and My9 of New York and Philadelphia's Fox29. Subscribers also lose access to cable channels Fox Business Network, NatGeo Wild and Fox Deportes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5690668

Thanks largely to Glee, there is a ridiculous Tuesday afternoon game in San Francisco. As I have been saying for years, money and TV are truly ruining sports. Anyway, I digress....

Obviously the rotations are up in the air. I think the only way the Phillies skip Blanton and go to Halladay on short rest is if they are down 3-0. On the other hand, if the Giants are down 2-1 or worse going into game 4, I wouldn't be shocked if they go to Lincecum.