NLCS Discussion: San Francisco Giants vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Phightins

• Owner

Also, speaking of the '90's Mariners....how the hell did that team never win anything? Talk about stacked.

Cleveland and Baltimore knocked the Mariners out of the playoffs in the 90s...I remember both of those series. Sadly, those two years were the only times the Mariners were in the playoffs in that decade (not sure how that was even possible with the team they had, but oh well).

Griffey was playing for the Reds in...2000? That was the year the Mariners lost to New York, and then they had that crazy 115 wins or so the following season, and lost to the Yankees AGAIN. I stopped watching baseball after that, though...just couldn't stick with it, had no interest after Griffey and A-Rod were history (even though Seattle had never won that many games before, ever).

But, anyway...enough of me derailing the topic. Sorry guys.

This is not baseball related. Why are you posting this here? Are you just trying to get your post count up like your brothers? If you have a complaint against me then tell one of the Admins. Since it's "obvious" that I stalk you guys. :lol:

Your posts are really original man, major props. Either way, forget about this, I don't know why I'm explaining my fanhood to you anyway.

Edited by Confidence

Franklin, you're alive?! :o lol

I don't like baseball as much as basketball and football, but I know everything about the Giants but follow them casually. I know the stats and what's going on, but I only watch a couple of games a week. But when it comes to the playoffs, I watch every game I can.

On that note, we are one game away from the world series. :) I have a bad feeling that we're going to lose the series even though I predicted the Giants to win in 6.

Polly back to 2 and Utley back to 3. AKA they better have the lead by the 7th inning or Lopez/Affeldt is going to tear up the middle of the lineup.

Also, Torres, Sandoval, and Uribe in Giants lineup.

Anyway, 1 game at a time. Start by getting the series back here. I will take my chances with Oswalt/Hamels pitching at home any day of the week. Odds not in our favor, but I have seen crazier things.

Edited by Phightins

The Giants are getting very lucky in this series. That isn't sour grapes, it's the truth. They are not making solid contact, and the only times they do the ball seems to find a hole or gap, or it happens on the one pitch they decide to send a runner. And to help their case, the Phillies luck has been basically the exact opposite.

That's exactly what I mean. Doc gets his ground ball but to the wrong spot, and the Giants score. The Giants couldn't be luckier and the Phillies couldn't be unluckier. I swear the Giants have a 1.000 BABIP this series.

Oh, and Chase Utley's postseason defense is dreadful.

The Giants are getting very lucky in this series. That isn't sour grapes, it's the truth. They are not making solid contact, and the only times they do the ball seems to find a hole or gap, or it happens on the one pitch they decide to send a runner. And to help their case, the Phillies luck has been basically the exact opposite.

The Giants manufactured a run beautifully that inning, they hit and run at the perfect time and Sanchez executed it perfectly. They probably would not have gotten the DP if Utley fields it cleanly, Posey would have beat the throw before Utley gets the tag.

Besides, the play before that Huff its a streaming liner caught by Howard. :lol:

The Giants manufactured a run beautifully that inning, they hit and run at the perfect time and Sanchez executed it perfectly. They probably would not have gotten the DP if Utley fields it cleanly, Posey would have beat the throw before Utley gets the tag.

Besides, the play before that Huff its a streaming liner caught by Howard. :lol:

They rarely hit and run, the one time they do it works perfectly, and Doc induced a tailor made double play that Utley botched. Again, breaks all going to Giants.

As for Halladay...I guarantee you he was staring at Jeff Nelson. Pat is just an oversensitive prick, and always has been. (Loved him for that when he was here, BTW).

A flare, a hit batter with 2 strikes, a bunt that should have been strike 1 (not to mention the 3rd baseman missing the bag at point blank), a ball kicks off the leg of first baseman, 2nd baseman too far to pick it up, both runners score.

Talk about lucky. :o

But anyway...up until this point in the series, the Phillies and Giants have virtually identical offensive numbers across the board. Yet the Giants lead the series 3-1. Why, you ask? Learn the meaning of "BABIP" and get back at me.

Of course, Charlie's gaffes last night played a big part in that.