NLCS Discussion: San Francisco Giants vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Phightins

Batting average of balls in play is your excuse for being down 3-1 (series wise)?

You are a troll. Have you read any of my commentary throughout this series? I have given plenty of reasons for why they are down 3-1. Luck is a big one, but certainly not the only one. They have brought much of this on themselves. Cannot deny the Giants luck this series though (up until this inning anyway).

Edited by Phightins

Batting average of balls in play is your excuse for being down 3-1 (series wise)?

BABiP is one of the best indicators of luck in all of baseball.

Austin Jackson's was nearly .500 this year.

He was talking about luck, not making excuses for the series count.

So whats the Phillies and Giants BABIP for this series?

I was actually surprised to find the Giants have a slightly lower hitter BABIP (as of 2 innings ago...with such a small sample size it is changing rather drastically with literally every batter). If you want the up to date BABIP, here is the formula... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BABIP

Anyway, I will eat my crow about the BABIP line, but I stand by everything else I said about the Giants being a bit luckier.

Ryan Howard is so overpaid...lol

That contract does not kick in for 2 years. But yes.

Speaking of Ryan Howard. So ironic that his 2 best swings this series have come against Jonathan Sanchez and Javier Lopez, lol. Of every pitcher on the Giants staff, those are the last two you'd expect it against.

Edited by Phightins

That was just the 32nd homerun to right field hit by a right handed batter ever at AT&T Park. Kind of remarkable.

So sad watching this guy kick [expletive] and take names only to know there's a 0.5% chance he is back next year :(.

Torres

Sanchez

Huff

Posey

Burrell

Ross

Uribe

Renteria

Sanchez

Rollins

Polanco

Utley

Howard

Werth

Victorino

Ibanez

Ruiz

Oswalt

Very interesting/surprising Phillies lineup. JRoll leading off, Polly not in between Utley and Howard, Ibanez playing instead of Francisco. Didn't really expect any of this. Jimmy has been making solid contact lately, and he stole those 2 bases in game 5, so I guess that swayed Charlie.

Wow, I can't watch this game because FOX and Cablevision are still acting like pussies. So instead for the past 10-20 minutes ive been watching "The Boy who Cried Warewolf" which was basically twilight meets underworld in a Nickelodean sense, absolutley HORRID, god I should have went out tonight.

EDIT: Braveheart on TNT, thank the thank god

Edited by STATCity

Wow, I can't watch this game because FOX and Cablevision are still acting like pussies. So instead for the past 10-20 minutes ive been watching "The Boy who Cried Warewolf" which was basically twilight meets underworld in a Nickelodean sense, absolutley HORRID, god I should have went out tonight.

EDIT: Braveheart on TNT, thank the thank god

Yep...all of my friends in North Jersey/NY are dealing with the same [expletive]. At least you aren't a Phillies fan getting blacked out.