MLB Offseason Thread 2010-11

Phightins

Considering it took Jim Edmonds roughly 2 calendar years longer to compile that, they aren't worth much.

I realize this, but it's still interesting.

If Edmonds is healthy for half the season and puts up numbers similar to last year off the bench I'll be happy.

If Edmonds is healthy for half the season and puts up numbers similar to last year off the bench I'll be happy.

Unless I am missing something, if he makes the team he is taking a roster spot away from Jon Jay or Allen Craig. Foolish if you ask me. Nice to have him around in camp as injury insurance/a spark for the younger guys, but if the Cardinals break camp with all of their outfielders healthy I see no way Edmonds is on the roster. It would be a neat story though.

Unless I am missing something, if he makes the team he is taking a roster spot away from Jon Jay or Allen Craig. Foolish if you ask me. Nice to have him around in camp as injury insurance/a spark for the younger guys, but if the Cardinals break camp with all of their outfielders healthy I see no way Edmonds is on the roster. It would be a neat story though.

It's not foolish sounding to me.

I would rather Jay and Craig play in Memphis to get more PT and work on their defense and hitting.

Craig is brutal at all positions on defense, and Jay needs to work on hitting versus lefties.

I guarantee Edmonds will make the team unless he hits under .200 during the spring, LaRussa loves his veterans and former players.

Look at Jeff Suppan and Aaron Miles last year and whose spots they took last year.

Edited by N/A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yankees offered Jeter 3 for 63, Jeter said no... He wants four years.

Dude needs to realize he's worth 3 for 21, tops, on the open market... He's getting triple that...

As a "captain" he needs to realize how crippling his 3 year contract will be, the fourth year of a contract would be an absolute nightmare.

[expletive] you, Derek 4-3ter.

• 1 month later...

Almost as funny as this

Cardinals sign Jim Edmonds to a minor league deal.

Just for kicks...

Jim Edmonds’ last 162 games: .269/.362/.586, 29 homers, 39 doubles.

Jayson Werth’s last 162 games: .296/.388/.534, 29 HR, 46 2B.

Take those numbers for what they're worth...

• 2 months later...

Haha

Haha