What Sports Do You Follow ?

Oliver P

Just curious to know what are the leagues you're a fan of, how big of a fan are you, and what are your favorite teams for each sport.

Basketball

Huge fan. Especially the NBA. To be honest it's the only league I'm really interested in right now. I've been watching all the games I can for quite some time now and I just can't get tired of it. Basketball is my sport.

And the only team I root for is the New York Knicks.

So as I said it's the only sport I'm really a fan of, but I watch some other sports some time, particularly those ones :

Football

I'm becoming more and more a fan of the NFL. I never miss the Superbowl. And watch some other games sometimes but it's hard to follow this sport in France, they don't broadcast a lot of games.

My fav team is the New York Giants.

Tennis

It used to be my favorite sport when I was younger. But to be honest I hardly watch any games now. I'm not a big fan of any players any more, I prefered the 90's tennis and by far. Andre Agassi, Thomas Muster and Henri Leconte were my favorite players at the time.

Soccer

I used to be a fan of it too, but now I only watch the World Cup. And not every game too... I always root for Germany and the USA.

That's about it. I used to watch boxing as well but not any more, this since Tyson lost against Danny Williams et Kevin McBride. I'd like to watch baseball games, I never did as they don't broadcast them at all in France. Seems like a nice sport. But anyway there's one thing for sure, basketball will always be my sport.

Baseball is my biggest passion. So my love for the Phillies far exceeds anything else. The Flyers/NHL are a reasonably close 2nd. I also follow the Eagles, but not the rest of the NFL too closely. I know most of the players around the league pretty well, but I just don't enjoy the NFL a whole lot. NBA is a distant 4th. Follow the Sixers closely, go to a bunch of games (mostly because of how affordable it is), but I barely follow the rest of the league and do not know the game all that well.

Other than that, I don't really follow any.

Basketball and only basketball. Not college, either. Just NBA and WNBA.

I find all other sports very boring to watch. I'm an impatient guy that likes fast paced, continuous action with lots of scoring without having it's players restricted to specific assignments. Basketball is the only sport I know of with all four of those elements. I can hardly even sit through a full Super Bowl game. I actually wish basketball had less foul calls and time outs. I hate any stoppage of action.

For the NBA, I primarily follow the Heat obviously. Been a fan for about 6 years.

This year I will also be following the Warriors because of Dorell Wright. I've been rooting for him to get playing time and have a true opportunity to showcase his ability for about 6/7 years now, and I've been constantly laughed at for calling him a future all star (which I have never backed away from). He's finally getting his chance, and he's not disappointing averaging 19 PPG so far.

For the WNBA, I follow the Phoenix Mercury. Watching Diana Taurasi got me into the WNBA much like T-Mac got me into the NBA when I was a little kid. Coincidentally, they both have very similar play-styles, and both are very exciting to watch.

Candice Dupree and DeWanna Bonner (both on the Mercury team) have also grown to be a couple more of my favorite basketball players.

BTW, I edited this post like 5 times. I need to learn to use Full Editor.

Edited by Poe

• Owner

1) Basketball

By a landslide. I don't miss a single Lakers game, haven't for years...but in between, I watch every game I possibly can on LP or NBATV (or WGN for Chicago, FSN Midwest for the Thunder). NBA fan first, though. In college basketball, I root for the Kansas Jayhawks, wishing K-State loses every game of the year, and I really don't give a damn about any other team. However, I'll definitely watch any college game, no problem, just to learn about the players and the game in general.

2) Football

Not a big college football fan (because KU sucks), but I follow the NFL, for sure. Love the Raiders, hate the Broncos and Chiefs. I'll watch two games Sunday (and flip-flop from basketball to Sunday Night Football), and tune in every now and then to Monday Night Football (I watched the Raptors/Kings and Bulls/Blazers tonight). Even though I root for Oakland, my favorite player of all-time is Randy Moss. I was also a huge fan of Barry Sanders, Tim Brown, Rich Gannon, and two of my favorite current players (other than Moss) are Darren McFadden and Nnamdi Asomugha.

3) Baseball

Hardly ever watch it...maybe just in October, and really, only teams that I find interesting (ex. the Yankees) or that have stellar pitchers (Lincecum, Lee). Favorite player of all-time is Ken Griffey Jr. and I was a big fan of the Mariners because of him. I could just never get into it as much as the other two sports.

As far as everything else goes...I watch the UFC, but no boxing (since Tyson is history and the sport sucks), hockey, golf, or tennis. Just not interesting to me.

I follow baseball and basketball very very closely. Angels and Lakers fan for life. Im not really sure which team I like more, their both neck and neck in how much I follow them. Ive been to a lot of games for each team and have met several players from each team. l also like watching either sport when theres a game on.

Basketball (Suns)

Soccer (General fan tbh, Australia for Int. games)

NFL (I don't follow it that much but I kinda go for the Cowboys and Cardinals)

Tennis (Lleyton Hewitt)

I follow Rugby League as well and a few other sports.

Basketball:

Huge mavs fan, since I live here.. try to watch every game I can.. go to about 2-3 games a season.

I also like the Bulls mainly because I'm from Chicago, started to like Bball because of the Bulls in 1997 ( I was 5 haha)

Fav Player all time is obv. MJ, current is Kobe (similarity with MJ), Dirk and, D-Rose.

As far as college-bball, not a diehard fan, I hate KU for sure.. I pretty much follow Baylor and UT and Illinois. Not a huge fan however. Watch the tournament every year tho.. i love it.

Football

Love the Eagles, don't have a reason, have been following them since 2001-2002 ish. I'm a HUGE HUGE NFL fan however, if the eagles aren't on I will watch any game.. doesnt matter to me. Usually watch every SNF, or MNF etc.

College: UT of course. Only team.

Baseball

Not a huge baseball fan, but keep up with the Rangers throughout the season. Not a huge fan, I will watch a few games. Also I keep up with the White Sox.. but thats pretty much it. I like baseball.. just hard to keep up with honestly

• 2 weeks later...

Basketball: New Jersey Nets

Hockey: Montreal Canadiens

Football: Montreal Alouettes, Green Bay Packers

College: Syracuse Oranage

Haven't gotten myself back with the Nets as much as I'd like but still feel I know the team as well as I know the Canadiens. I'm one of the few people who like the CFL and try to follow the Packers but often so much sports all in one season.

i watch basketball, football, baseball, hockey, volleyball, tennis.

Basketball-Mavericks & Wizards

Football-Redskins & Titans (i only watch titans cus of mcnair an george era, redskins is my main team)

Baseball-Yankees

Hockey-Capitals

i dont have fave volley ball or tennis people, but i jus watch volley ball cus it be having some sexy females lmao.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm a Laker fan obviously, and basketball is my favourite sport. although i am an NBA fan first before any other team. only follow the NBA, don't really care for college ball. i also follow the NFL and am a Ravens fan. i watch the NHL if it's on, but i don't "follow" it and my favourite team is the Sharks. not really to interested in soccer/football, i support England and i used to be a Barcelona fan but since they got rid of Eto'o i don't care for them. tried to get into baseball but it just didn't happen.

I like how about 10% of the posts actually answer the OPs question

Baseball, Football, and a little bit of college football

"Just curious to know what are the leagues you're a fan of, how big of a fan are you, and what are your favorite teams for each sport." :rolleyes:

Football (Soccer)

Basketball

Tennis

Snooker

Rugby

Darts

Football is my big sport, followed the longest and one I'm the best at. Support Southampton in England League 1. Basketball is obvious as I'm posting on these boards aren't I :P. Tennis I love Lleyton Hewitt though he's pretty dire these days dropping outta the elite players. I still love to see him do well. Snooker I love Neil Robertson..knew he'd become world number one some day a few years back. Rugby I only follow internationally., supporting England. Darts is awesome craic to go to, like to see the Aussie Simon Whitlock do well. Phil Taylor is just amazing though.