Currently reading?

I figured a topic about books and reading should be up, so I'll go ahead and start.

What book(s) are you currently reading, what books did you really enjoy reading and would probably read again, what books do you want to read in the future?

I'm currently reading "The Chris Farley Show" which is a biography about the late great SNL actor, Chris Farley. I started it quite sometime ago but haven't finished it. I just picked it back up and I'll probably be reading it every day for the next 2-3 weeks or so. Farley is one of my all time favorite actors.

I've read Alonzo Morning's autobiography. It was a decent read, I liked it. I read GNR/Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash's autobiography which I really enjoyed as he's my favorite guitarist. I have Telfair's book "The Jump" I think it's called, I haven't started it but I want to. I got it back when Telfair still played in Portland and he's was one of my favorite players at the time (I still like him but not as much as before).

In the near future, I'm also wanting to read "The Dirt" which is the book written by the band Motley Crue as well as "Walk This Way" which is the book by Aerosmith.

Other notable books are American Gods and Anansi Boys both by Neil Gaiman. The guy is a freaking genius when it comes to books. Both were [expletive]ing amazing books but Anansi Boys was the better one. Anansi Boys has the same characters that were in American Gods, but this time, they have bigger roles. It's not a sequel or anything, just set in the same time and environment. I recommend both to anyone, mainly Anansi Boys.

So what books are you reading? What books are your favorites? And what books are you looking forward to reading?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Books I have just finished within the past three months:

A-ROD

Paper Tiger

Johnny Miller: I Call The Shots

Currently Reading: Golf Is Not A Game Of Perfect

Planning To Read Next: Ben Hogan's Five Lessons: The Fundamentals of the Modern Golf Swing

I just happen to be reading Jayson Williams "Loose Balls" man he's so funny... too bad he had to go through what he did.

Haven't finished "Christine" (Stephen King) for almost 2 years lol

---

Anyone can suggest a good NBA-related book? Preferably thick ones not a thin brief biography book... I personally enjoyed Larry Bird "Drive", Fab Five (ok not NBA but still very nice), and an MJ book... forgot.

Is there any new NBA book recently released?

I figured a topic about books and reading should be up, so I'll go ahead and start.

What book(s) are you currently reading, what books did you really enjoy reading and would probably read again, what books do you want to read in the future?

I'm currently reading "The Chris Farley Show" which is a biography about the late great SNL actor, Chris Farley. I started it quite sometime ago but haven't finished it. I just picked it back up and I'll probably be reading it every day for the next 2-3 weeks or so. Farley is one of my all time favorite actors.

I've read Alonzo Morning's autobiography. It was a decent read, I liked it. I read GNR/Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash's autobiography which I really enjoyed as he's my favorite guitarist. I have Telfair's book "The Jump" I think it's called, I haven't started it but I want to. I got it back when Telfair still played in Portland and he's was one of my favorite players at the time (I still like him but not as much as before).

In the near future, I'm also wanting to read "The Dirt" which is the book written by the band Motley Crue as well as "Walk This Way" which is the book by Aerosmith.

Other notable books are American Gods and Anansi Boys both by Neil Gaiman. The guy is a freaking genius when it comes to books. Both were [expletive]ing amazing books but Anansi Boys was the better one. Anansi Boys has the same characters that were in American Gods, but this time, they have bigger roles. It's not a sequel or anything, just set in the same time and environment. I recommend both to anyone, mainly Anansi Boys.

So what books are you reading? What books are your favorites? And what books are you looking forward to reading?

Would you recommend the Farley book? I loved him

I've been working my way through the Twilight series... I don't like it. But I'm taking a break for now and reading a book about metabolism and how to control/speed it up. Interesting stuff but it's kinda hard to get through. Too many hormones to remember

Currently reading through:

The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S Lewis

The Count of Monte Cristo (unabridged version...a bit hard to read through, but I like it) by Alexandre Dumas

Crazy Love by Francis Chan

Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut

I love reading, haha.

Recent books read and currently reading:

Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana

Simulacra and Simulation (The Body, In Theory: Histories of Cultural Materialism)

The Biography of Malcolm X

Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, The

Paper Towns

Barack Obama Dreams From My Father

Barack Obama The Audacity Of Hope

Emotional Intelligence

An Unquiet Mind: A memoir of Moods and Madness

BOLDED: Highly Recommended!

I don't read books much, I just can't stand reading something boring lol. I do like reading stuff that's personal, real life experiences but that rarely comes up and I'm limited on time during school. Summer doesn't go well with reading. :P

I'm writing a book now though, so that counts lol.

Well, I just started it all over since the first time I read it, I got through the first three chapters and stopped reading it because I wasn't in the reading mood as I had just finished Zo's book. But so far, I can tell it's going to be a good read. I'll let you know when I'm finished reading it on what I thought and if it's worth the money. But so far, it is.

Well, I just started it all over since the first time I read it, I got through the first three chapters and stopped reading it because I wasn't in the reading mood as I had just finished Zo's book. But so far, I can tell it's going to be a good read. I'll let you know when I'm finished reading it on what I thought and if it's worth the money. But so far, it is.

Alright cool, thanks

Yeah I bought the Alonzo Mourning book "Resilience" a few months ago and read it. Great book on his comeback to the NBA and how much crap he had to go through.

I havn't read a book in a while, but reading is a pretty fun thing to do as long as it isn't a lame book like the ones they make you read in school. I was into Stephen King books for a phase haha.

• 3 weeks later...

So tonight, I just finished "The Chris Farley Show"...and damn. It was definitely worth the money I spent on it. Very good biography of him. It tells about his obvious addiction to drugs and alcohol and how well he could hide it to those around him. Talked about how we got clean and sober for a good 2 years before relapsing to alcohol. I must say, I loved this book. The very last chapter was the hardest to read. I got a bit teary eyed (no tears though, I was expecting it with all the reviews I was reading). I definitely recommend you pick up this book if you love Chris Farley or want to know anything about it.

My new favorite biography, I loved it even more than "Slash".

I read sports books and the novels they make us read in school mainly, but sometimes I do read. I'll usually read half of a book though, I rarely ever finish a book.

Edited by Dash

I just happen to be reading Jayson Williams "Loose Balls" man he's so funny... too bad he had to go through what he did.

Haven't finished "Christine" (Stephen King) for almost 2 years lol

---

Anyone can suggest a good NBA-related book? Preferably thick ones not a thin brief biography book... I personally enjoyed Larry Bird "Drive", Fab Five (ok not NBA but still very nice), and an MJ book... forgot.

Is there any new NBA book recently released?

It's not new and not exactly "NBA" related but, "Hoop Dreams" was a good book. It follows the lives of two high school all-stars as they try to work their way out of where they live now and into the NBA. It's a true story.