Who are the Top 5 Non-PG passers?

ATL

Whoa.. hang on a second.

Who are you assuming played PG? Jason Terry?

pretty much every game i watched last season i saw Kidd at the 2, Terry and Barea at the 1. Which makes sense, Kidd has always been a great post up at the 3 and shoot guy.

Edited by bravenewworld

pretty much every game i watched last season i saw Kidd at the 2, Terry and Barea at the 1. Which makes sense, Kidd has always been a great post up at the 3 and shoot guy.

Right. Remind me to never take you seriously.

After 13 or 14 seasons, I forget which one, of wonderful point guard play, the Mavericks decided just to switch his position just like that and play him on the wing as a shooter/scorer.. oh wait, no they didn't. Antoine Wright (6'7) started 53 games last season out of 65 games and George started the rest (17). They must have both started them at point guard, right?

From a statistical point of view (and please, don't think this is my main argument), the Mavericks excelled when either Wright or Terry were at the shooting guard position. In fact, there is only four rotation lineups which didn't have Kidd playing point guard. You can check all the information here:

Source

It's undeniable common sense that you start your best point guard at point guard and play him there as much as you can, which as you can see is ALL THE TIME.

Edited by AtTheDriveIn

Not in any particular order.

Dwyane Wade

Kobe Bryant

Lebron James

Brandon Roy

Stephen Jackson

Out of them all i think Roy or Lebron has to be the ones who the ball the most that are not PG's.

only time kidd switched over when we ran the 3 pg lineup an kidd went to sf.

jet always played SG

im going to leave out sg's.

lebron- as much as i hate the guy(and i do hate him), you can't deny his courtvision and passing abilities

shaq- shaq is the best passing player out of double teams by far in the nba and has been for a while now. his combination of size,force, paint position, iq, and skills all allow him to be an excellent and crafty passer from the post

bogut- underrated big guy that makes crisp passes in all of his games.

gasol- playged pg until his body went on a growth spurt so the skills and mindset are still there to a degree. he can pull of passes like a guard with his mix of hand size, speed, and agility.

duncan- the big duncamental. he is probably the most fundamentally sound player in the nba today and is an excellent passer for a pg. he is smart and has good chemistry with his teammates so he is comfortable passing to them time and time again.

Edited by billt chamberlain