Bears win after Suh called for unneccessary roughness for pushing a runner down...

Lkr

Cutler is scrambling. Ndamakong Suh pushes him in the back to bring him down. Cutler fumbles and the Lions are poised to get a win. But wait! Ed Hochuli makes another bull[expletive] call and the Bears get 15 yards and get to keep the ball!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw6vxVVXWUM&feature=player_embedded#!

It was a somewhat malicious hit. I can understand where the refs are coming from there. It's not like he tried to tackle him. A huge forearm/elbow to the back of the head can be considered malicious.

It was a somewhat malicious hit. I can understand where the refs are coming from there. It's not like he tried to tackle him. A huge forearm/elbow to the back of the head can be considered malicious.

I don't call a two hand shove a forearm to the head.

Uh...I guess we are watching two different video. Clearly not a shove if you watch the way his forearm extends...

did you not see the replay? of course your arms extend when you shove someone, how else do you put force into it?

Edited by Lkr

did you not see the replay? of course your arms extend when you shove someone, how else do you put force into it?

No...it's completely different. I'm not going to continue the debate though, because I do agree it was a BS call but I can understand what he was seeing on the play at live speed. Like phightens said, I've seen worse.

No...it's completely different. I'm not going to continue the debate though, because I do agree it was a BS call but I can understand what he was seeing on the play at live speed. Like phightens said, I've seen worse.

I agree with you, although I don't like them calling that.

If the league would treat QB's the same when they are past the line of scrimmage like any other player, these calls would never be made.

Also, what's with the completely one sided post about the Lions being poised to win? The Bears were down 3 points inside the Lions 20. Poised to win my [expletive]. :lol: .

Edited by EastCoastNiner

If the league would treat QB's the same when they are past the line of scrimmage like any other player, these calls would never be made.

Exactly. But they are instructed to treat them differently. And in live, fast-paced action it looks far worse then when you see the slow replay up close. It was definitely a BS call that screwed the Lions. Not sure anyone is debating that. I just can understand how he viewed it as malicious in live speed.

Exactly. But they are instructed to treat them differently. And in live, fast-paced action it looks far worse then when you see the slow replay up close. It was definitely a BS call that screwed the Lions. Not sure anyone is debating that. I just can understand how he viewed it as malicious in live speed.

I somewhat thought it was a forearm to the head at first, but I don't think it should have been called. However, after watching the replay, it wasn't that bad.

However, this may have been a penalty.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhtLDG5JxUI

I would LOVE this guy on the Patriots or 49er's. He is an absolute force, and I really think he is making a case as being one of the best defensive players in the NFL already.

Also, what's with the completely one sided post about the Lions being poised to win? The Bears were down 3 points inside the Lions 20. Poised to win my [expletive]. :lol: .

Cutler fumbled. This play completely shifted momentum

Lions going to get the Bears back next year. Stafford should be healthy and when he was they looked deadly on offense. Suh going to be EVEN better next year and hopefully they can draft a playmaker for the defense since they will be a top 5 pick in the NFL Draft.

it was a very aggressive shove to the top of his back... in live motion i thought he hit him with a forearm to the back of his neck... but replay shows that Suh had both hands on Cutler's back... not a forearm.

i won't say its a BS call.. but it was definitely another bad call by Ed Hochuli

Haha, completely agree with the OP. That was such a bull[expletive] call, it gave the Bears the win. It's funny because after the game I was talking to DBF, and I was telling him how bad a call it was. I told him it wasn't a roughing the passer since Cutler was scrambling, and clearly out of the pocket. He told me to get my penalties right, so not sure if he even saw it... but yeah, garbage call.

Haha, completely agree with the OP. That was such a bull[expletive] call, it gave the Bears the win. It's funny because after the game I was talking to DBF, and I was telling him how bad a call it was. I told him it wasn't a roughing the passer since Cutler was scrambling, and clearly out of the pocket. He told me to get my penalties right, so not sure if he even saw it... but yeah, garbage call.

it wasnt called as roughing the passer, it was called as unnecessary roughness...

Lol at the amount of butthurt in this thread esp by Lkr who blames the loss on a penalty, lmao. The Lions lost because the Bears are a better team, simple as that. As for the penalty it is farrrrrrrrrrrr from the worse thing that was flagged for unnecessary roughness this year. Suh brought it upon himself for that [expletive] he did to Delhomme in preseason, refs will always protect the QB.

It was a hard shove, but not penalty worthy in my opinion.

But really, with the way that poorly called penalties are dictating games this year more than big plays, I think that there needs to be one official in a replay booth who reviews all penalties. I mean, seriously, 40% of the Jets' passing yards allowed have been on BS pass interference or unneccessary roughness calls, and the bad calls are changing a whole lot of other games too. I'm usually against adding more replay to sports, but I think that with how the NFL is being officiated this year, more extensive replays are a must.