Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Smitty

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started playing this. Created a dark elf and I've been mashing stuff with the fire magic. Just got through the Bleak Falls Barrow.. that was a little adventure :lol:

Digging it. Any pointers?

If you're looking for easy level ups, spam muffle.

If you're looking for easy level ups, spam muffle.

Another trick/glitch is that there is a companion you can get in, I believe, Rivenwood who can train you in Archery. The thing is, when you hire him you can trade with him so get him to train you, you pay him the gold and then you can immediately trade with him and get your gold back.

You can also train (from any trainer) and then pickpocket your gold back, although you may get caught and have a bounty placed on you.

As for general tips, making use of line of sight is key when fighting mages early on, making sure to single out individuals and not taking on more than one at a time (I had that problem early on when making a mage) and since you are a mage, make sure to go and find a vendor who can sell you summon Flame Attronach and similar spells. It will help out a lot early on in the game.

I don't really have much experience with a mage, though, since my guy is a thief/archer/assasin type character, but I do have one low level mage character.

Another trick/glitch is that there is a companion you can get in, I believe, Rivenwood who can train you in Archery. The thing is, when you hire him you can trade with him so get him to train you, you pay him the gold and then you can immediately trade with him and get your gold back.

You can also train (from any trainer) and then pickpocket your gold back, although you may get caught and have a bounty placed on you.

As for general tips, making use of line of sight is key when fighting mages early on, making sure to single out individuals and not taking on more than one at a time (I had that problem early on when making a mage) and since you are a mage, make sure to go and find a vendor who can sell you summon Flame Attronach and similar spells. It will help out a lot early on in the game.

I don't really have much experience with a mage, though, since my guy is a thief/archer/assasin type character, but I do have one low level mage character.

If you want to do that glitch for anything besides archery, just go the Companions guild and complete it (its pretty short) and after your done you can make any guild member follow and most of them can train you in several different skills.

As for magic Illusion is a lot of fun to mess around with. Whenever I invade forts I use fury and have half the guards turn on each other and watch them do all the work for me. :lol:

You also want to improve your Smithing..probably one of the most important skills.

Quickest way to do it is to just craft Iron Daggers/Hide Bracers.

I improved my Ebony Bow to (Legendary) and I can pretty much one shot anything in sneak lol

I finished the thieves guild (only for the badass armor) and Dark Brotherhood in two days lol

What blows though is those Draugr Overlords that have the disarm shout. I lost my Ebony sword and a legendary sword that I got in a quest to those stupid A-holes. There is no way to get the weapon back either, it just goes away.

Also, has anyone gone to the Inn in Whiterun where the guy challenges you to a drinking game? Easily the weirdest mission in the game lol

Edited by SRV

I have an legendary Daedric bow 126 damage :glasses:

Anyway to get your smithing up all you need is like 10,000 coin, go to whiterun and go to the iron maiden and buy all her iron ignot/iron ore and go outside turn the ore to ignot and craft as many iron daggers as you can, wait 24 hours and then sell your daggers back and buy all of her iron again and leather strips as you need them. It takes 2-3 hours but it's an easy way of getting from 1-100 for smithing, the iron maiden replenishes its stock of iron ignot every 24-48 hours, you can also buy some inside, not just from her.

Another trick on Xbox. If you wait and then click the guide button, the time will go all the way down to 1 hour. I saw it in a video, haven't tried it myself, but if you want to spam the smithing trick, its helpful.

As for armor you should definitely go with heavy. Light is nice and all at the beginning while heavy is a pain considering all the weight that comes with it but once you reach level 50 in heavy armor there is a skill that negates all weight.

Also another trick to get easy level ups is to go up to High Hrothgar and sneak behind the Greybeards and stab them once with a knife, wait for the eye to close again (indicating that you are now unseen) and repeat. You'll get your sneak skill up to 60-70 fairly quick.

Yeah I rarely ever do main quest, its just not that interesting to me and there is so much other stuff to do that I never get to it.

Oh and for fighting, if you're going to use a sword then be a battlemage. One hand + shield kinda sucks unless you're going to level up a bunch of stamina, and two handed swords is pretty bad too (my character is two hand sword + light armor so yeah I already [expletive]ed up but I manage pretty well in expert difficulty) although its nice early on. Battlemages kick ass. Axes > swords btw. Make sure you get healing + fast healing + healing hands (if you care about companions) early on, all three can be lifesavers early on.

Best companion I ever found was the mage chick at the Mages College, [expletive]ing kills everything. I usually have her and my dog follow me around, I plan on finishing Dark Brotherhood so I can get that dude from Oblivion to follow me as well. My brother did this glitch where he has 5 party members at once, gonna go do that later but you have do it during main quest.

As for time I'm about 60 hours in and still have so much shit left to do (like I said earlier I haven't done much of main quest either).

I have an legendary Daedric bow 126 damage :glasses:

Anyway to get your smithing up all you need is like 10,000 coin, go to whiterun and go to the iron maiden and buy all her iron ignot/iron ore and go outside turn the ore to ignot and craft as many iron daggers as you can, wait 24 hours and then sell your daggers back and buy all of her iron again and leather strips as you need them. It takes 2-3 hours but it's an easy way of getting from 1-100 for smithing, the iron maiden replenishes its stock of iron ignot every 24-48 hours, you can also buy some inside, not just from her.

You can do it with Hide Bracers as well...a bit cheaper haha

You also want to improve your Smithing..probably one of the most important skills.

Quickest way to do it is to just craft Iron Daggers/Hide Bracers.

I improved my Ebony Bow to (Legendary) and I can pretty much one shot anything in sneak lol

thats y u named urself smitty huh, its kinda like smithing in skyrim.

Also another trick to get easy level ups is to go up to High Hrothgar and sneak behind the Greybeards and stab them once with a knife, wait for the eye to close again (indicating that you are now unseen) and repeat. You'll get your sneak skill up to 60-70 fairly quick.

Did this, got my sneak to 100 in about 20 minutes.

NOOOOO. I got disarmed again while using another ebony sword....I am pretty sure my weapon isn't supposed to vanish into thin air but it does. Thats the last time I go into a cave.

I'm on my 3rd remake right now (I was screwing around with the first two, getting used to the game).

Race: Breton (tank)

Alliance Not sure yet, probably Imperials

Guilds: Companions

The problem I have with this game is that I want to try just about every race/class combination there is, yet there's no way I have the time for that. There's almost too many options. :lol:

I'm on my 3rd remake right now (I was screwing around with the first two, getting used to the game).

Race: Breton (tank)

Alliance Not sure yet, probably Imperials

Guilds: Companions

The problem I have with this game is that I want to try just about every race/class combination there is, yet there's no way I have the time for that. There's almost too many options. :lol:

Well this is how I would categorize the races:

Warrior type: Redguard, Orc, Nord

Mage type: High Elf, Breton

Thief type: Wood Elf, Khajit

Balanced: Dark Elf, Imperial, Argonian

I was an idiot when it came to that...I wanted to be a sneaky guy but I picked the nord lol....my guy is still sneaky though, and he is a tank, I have only gotten killed in battle like 10 times and like 7 of those deaths were to one mage guy who kicked my ass, and one was to a giant the first time I ran into one.