Rockets, Nets and Lakers are in advanced talks in 3 team deal

Dash

WojYahooNBA: Also included in the deal, sources say: Joe Smith goes to L.A., and Lakers send NJ i2011 1st rounder Houston sends NJ a 2012 1st rounder.

WojYahooNBA: Sources say 3-way deal isn't finalized and likely won't be before Wednesday. Still financial considerations that could be adjusted.

Not very comfortable sending our pick next year but Williams has potential, maybe a change of scenery will help.

The Nets, Houston, Lakers three-way deal has been agreed in principle now, one team source tells Y!

For the Nets, getting two more future first-round picks strengthens war chest to try and make deal for Carmelo Anthony.

[expletive] give me Joe Smith over Sasha any day. Joe Smith will just be another big body to to have out their to take 6 fouls for the team.

and Vujacic knows down two free throws to win the Lakers championship

Edited by *Swish*

This is [expletive]ing stupid for us. I dont want Joe Smith, we dont need a big now that Drew is back, and Smith sucks anyway. Sasha can be used as a spot up shooter if Blake or Fisher goes down. And hes great to have on the court if you need clutch free throws. Plus hes expiring 5 mil!!! Please dont do it mitch.

Amazing deal for New Jersey. Getting two first round picks and a decent sized expiring contract ($5M I think?) for a head case who was never going to do anything in Jersey and a complete scrub in Joe Smith. Not bad at all.

I imagine that the Houston first is going to be heavily protected, though. Regardless, this is a great move for Jersey if you ask me.

Not bad for Houston if Williams ever gets his head on straight as he definitely has talent. Somebody was going to take a chance on him, so you might as well be the one to take it. It worked for Minny with Beasley, so maybe Houston will have a similar result.

As for the Lakers, well, :lol:

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Prokohorov is a genius!!! First Jordan Farmar and now Sasha Vujacic?!? So THAT'S his blueprint for greatness, steal the scrubs away from championship teams and build from the bottom to the top....BRILLIANT!!!

:lol:

Edited by Nitro
  • Like 1

I can't state how much I'm so glad that Sasha is off our team. So what if Joe Smith is not good. Theo Ratliff is not that good either and I remember some of us were cheering how we signed Ratliff. This just gives more depth with Ratliff for two big bodies to take unnecessary fouls for Pau & Bynum.

• Like 1

So the Rockets essentially give up a lottery pick for a fringe starter?

Since you seem to know how the 2012 season is going to play out, would you mind telling me where the Raptors will finish so I don't waste my time watching the games? ;)

Seriously though, I'm sure that there will be at least some protection on the Rockets 1st and I'd be shocked if it wasn't at least top 10 protected for the first year, if not lottery protected. I can't see Morey giving up an unprotected 1st considering the "character issues" with Williams.

• Like 1

Terrible move for LA, I know Kupchak can get more (or at least a better big) for Sasha and Luke in a deal together. All they get out of this is Joe Smith...

And I understand that getting under the luxury tax is a big deal, and that draft picks don't matter a whole lot to championship contenders, but it seems like they could have gotten much more out of this deal. They could have probably gotten a 2nd rounder from New Jersey if they wanted, they do a great job late in the draft as it is.

Great move for New Jersey and Houston.