Rockets, Nets and Lakers are in advanced talks in 3 team deal

Dash

Rockets were said to be on Melo's wish list aside of the East coast team...

It's like Above Legit said that fascination of playing with such a skilled big man not to mention the outpouring support from Chinese fans (endorsements and other lucrative deals) is a real asset to the Houston Rockets, but once again Yao Ming has been injured and the Rockets are quickly realizing they must build for the future.

They have great pieces to surround a star with, now they just have to acquire one somehow and let the Tracy McGrady + Yao Ming saga come to an end.

Wasn't that back in September? It was also then when some thought Yao would be back somewhat healthy and that Houston would be top team in the West...

It seems pretty clear now that NJ and NY are the only teams capable of getting him.

Actually it was November 19 when it was reported by ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-101119-21/carmelo-anthony-latest

• Owner

I remember hearing that Houston and Golden State were interested in a Melo trade, extension agreed upon or not, and those were the only two teams that would work a trade despite that one condition. New Jersey and New York both wanted Melo to commit, and so did the Kings, Clippers and Sixers.

What Snake said is true, the Rockets would definitely trade for Melo without an extension. However, that was a few weeks ago so things could have possibly changed since then.

To be honest I don't know what direction Morey wants to go but apparantely how well Houston plays this month is going to be crucial.

The problem is, Morey still somehow believes he can build a contender around the current core. Trading away your young talent for a one year rental isn't worth it. I still wouldn't expect them to beat the Spurs, Mavs, Jazz, or Lakers.

Actually it was November 19 when it was reported by ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-101119-21/carmelo-anthony-latest

That simply states that they would trade for Melo without an extension, that has nothing to do with Melo's wishlist.

Here's what I'm looking for: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-167128

The problem is, Morey still somehow believes he can build a contender around the current core. Trading away your young talent for a one year rental isn't worth it. I still wouldn't expect them to beat the Spurs, Mavs, Jazz, or Lakers.

Indeed and a trio of Scola/Melo/Martin could bring the Rockets back to their level in 2008. Regardless Melo wouldn't resign but I wouldn't put it past Morey just yet.

The savior has arrived Z.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/lebronze23/kewl.jpg

:wub: :wub:

Ariza was the savior, now gtfo.

• Owner

Alright, so...wait. For the Lakers, it's...

Lakers send: Sasha Vujacic, 2011 1st Rounder

Lakers receive: Joe Smith, GSW 2nd Rounder (2011), CHI 2nd Rounder (2012), rights to Sergei Lishouk

I like the picks. I'm glad we pick up two in this deal, even if they are 2nd rounders (not guaranteed money).

I love the move for New Jersey and Houston. This gives the Rockets another athletic player to run the break, and the Nets receive a couple first rounders and a good perimeter shooter. For the Lakers I just really can't say I understand what they're thinking. Joe Smith is not going to fix anything, but who knows. Good all-around trade though. Surprised to see Williams dealt just as it looked like he was getting back in the good graces of Avery Johnson.

Terrence was damaged from entering his first NBA season without a coach. It was pretty much just go out there and play type attitude. It also didn't help he became friends with the Nets other superstar in Chris Douglas-Roberts who never stopped complaining.

I honestly think every team benifits in this trade.

Even better deal for LA.

Dump Vujabrick and a late 1st.

Get an insurance big man, two second-round picks (one which might be in the 30s), the rights to another prospect, and still have a Trade X to acquire another player if they want.

Nice. Like getting GS's pick especially since the Lakers are decent at picking in the 2nd round: Ebanks, Caracter, Turiaf, Wafer, Gasol. The money they save by dumping Sasha will possibly go to re-signing Brown and Barnes. Mitch waives his magic wand again.