Andrew Luck returning to Stanford

NomarFachix

All that Carolina losing for nothing.

Link to follow, I guess. Heard it here first :D

timkawakami Tim Kawakami

Wow: Jon Wilner reports that Stanford is about to announce that Andrew Luck will STAY at school for 2011 season.

ABC7PPalmer Phillip Palmer

Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck says he will stay in school for another year instead of entering the NFL draft.

SportsCenter SportsCenter

by NeesieCouture

QB Andrew Luck will not declare for 2011 NFL Draft and will return to #Stanford next year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5995754

Edited by IllWill21

There is no CBA. If there was ever a year for him to do this, this is the year.

Plus it sounds like he legitimately loves college, and all that jazz. Happy for him, although obviously there is that injury risk involved. Sucks for the Panthers.

Wow, this was a very interesting move. I was expecting to see Luck head to the NFL, but this is a great move in my opinion. Why? Well first off, he's not going to make an early jump to the NFL when he isn't ready and then become a bust because of lack of maturity. He's going to get more experience in college first, and I think his NFL future is going to be better because of this return to school.

Wow, this was a very interesting move. I was expecting to see Luck head to the NFL, but this is a great move in my opinion. Why? Well first off, he's not going to make an early jump to the NFL when he isn't ready and then become a bust because of lack of maturity. He's going to get more experience in college first, and I think his NFL future is going to be better because of this return to school.

There's also the degree of uncertainty in the NFL this year, as well. Antonio Pierce just said there's a chance teams walk out of the playoffs in March... lol.

I'm reading reports that this whole CBA thing this offseason could drag out through September, which would severely affect a rookie QB coming into his first NFL season and knowing nothing.

Also, there's the simple fact that (from everything I am hearing) he loves Stanford and college in general.

I will always respect somebody who takes happiness over money. And he will most likely get his money eventually, anyway.

Edited by Phightins

He gets to continue pulling that bookworm tail for another year and gets the same dough in '12 with a more stable NFL and future. Great decision for him, personally. He gets his degree this year, too. Smart kid. Stay healthy, Luck!

Next season is the 2011 season. And, if it were for 2012, he'd still lose out.

Yes... That's my point. If they come to an agreement and there's football in 2011, there will be the rookie payscale in 2011. He'll get the same amount in 2011 or 2012.

Edited by IllWill21

Maybe he made the right choice, but there's not too much more he can gain by staying in college besides getting his degree, that he could still have gotten after he went into the NFL. He's going to be pissed when there's a rookie salary cap. :lol: .

I agree. He's an idiot basically.

Or maybe he decided that he would have been happier playing in college.

And, if he gets injured, he can kiss by the millions of dollars he could have earned. And, don't tell me he would be "happy" if he were to become an architect instead of an NFL player because he got injured.

How's Shaun Livingston? How's Greg Oden?

Edited by EastCoastNiner

And, if he gets injured, he can kiss by the millions of dollars he could have earned. And, don't tell me he would be "happy" if he were to become an architect instead of an NFL player because he got injured.

How's Shaun Livingston? How's Greg Oden?

Sam Bradford got injured last year too, and he turned out great.

And I think his situation is a lot different from Locker. He was going to be drafted based off of his potential, and his true colors came out this year. Luck is mostly a finished product, and unlike Locker, Luck has a team put around him to compete next year and possibly win himself that Heisman.

It was really a terrible decision for Peyton Manning to stay an extra year in college. Same for Bradford(who did get injured and missed most the season but is fine now). Just awful decisions I am pretty sure it didn't work out for them.

And, if they suffered a serious injury you wouldn't dare to come into this thread. The risk is much greater than the reward for staying an extra year. It's pretty simple.