New York Yankees 2011

Teletopez

Posada insists there is no connection between his not catching and his struggles at the plate, but who knows... that might be the cause. If it is, I guess it's only a matter of adjustment.

Hopefully, this is the beginning to production from Jeter.

Cervelli said he had no idea the bases were loaded when he hit the HR. Only the second homer of his career, the first being in Atlanta in 2009, right after Girardi was tossed.

Posada is in the lineup because of loyalty, there is literally no other reason. Girardi can say he's improving/looks good/needs to adjust or whatever he wants, but the fact is that if it was anyone else, they'd have been replaced.

Oh, and the contract. That too.

On Thursday, Montero hit a go-ahead 3-run HR off Bobby Parnell in the eighth inning of a game in Buffalo.

#redsox and #yankees farm teams playing tonight. Sox hit top NY prospect Heathcott with 2nd pitch of game, he turns around and punches the C

@redsoxstats

Interesting start. Celestino's 2nd pitch hits @ChasRiverDogs Heathcott, turns around & punches Vazquez in the face - bench clearing brawl!

@ericsjarinko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbDgn4j_LJc

Edited by Brooklyn Bound

I'll say it's easy to criticize Joe after Mo blew the save yesterday. People who say you should go to Rivera in that situation have an argument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG6hwH2HLIY&feature=youtu.be

But sometimes it's impossible to have a proper conversation with Francesa.

• 2 weeks later...
A two-run triple -- yes, TRIPLE -- for Jesus Montero has SWB up 2-0 in the top of the first.
Justin Maxwell just robbed a home run. He's down on the warning track, though. Looked like he banged his arm off the top off the wall.
Opposite field home run for Jesus Montero in the seventh. SWB leads, 8-3.
Just my take, but Montero is going to get bored playing in AAA. I don't know if it's time to give him a look, but it's getting real close.
Since last June 1, Jesus Montero is hitting .317 (150 for 173) with 34 doubles, 3 triples, 22 HRs and 76 RBIs.
Final line on Carlos Silva: 6 ip, 7 h, 3 r/er, 0 bb, 1 k. He battled, got a few double plays, and pitched to the lead. Buddy Carlyle is in.

@swbyankeesTT

Edited by Brooklyn Bound

I'll say it's easy to criticize Joe after Mo blew the save yesterday. People who say you should go to Rivera in that situation have an argument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG6hwH2HLIY&feature=youtu.be

But sometimes it's impossible to have a proper conversation with Francesa.

Hahaha, I listen to Mike Francesa almost every time I am driving between 11-6, and it's hilarious. I don't think there is anyone in sports radio who takes themselves more seriously than he does. Mad Dog really is missed.

Interesting road trip. Coming in, it was considered the Yanks' toughest road trip up to this point in the season, and many of us would've been content with a 4-5. We lose the first two games, but then we win the next four. And now we have a shot at capping it off at 6-3.

Joba is out for the season with Tommy John

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

We had quite a few decisions to make pre-Colon injury. Now that Colon is injured, we may be addressing two rotation spots along with the 'pen.

Hector Noesi got called up today to replace the injured Amauri Sanit. He still has a shot at the starting rotation, but Kevin Davidoff said that the top three choices are Phelps, Warren, and Mitchell. Warren may need a little more AAA experience. Phelps is the most likely replacement.

Hopefully, Whelan bounces back from the rocky outing Friday. George Kontos also deserves a shot at long relief.

Also, Russ is expected to return soon, but soon could still mean another four or five days. Cervelli is a nice option as a second string C, but I think he's thrown three balls into CF in the last week trying to gun down runners. Maybe now is the time to give Montero a shot.

Kontos was missing from SWB yesterday, I had figured he was getting the call, but nothing came from it. Then he showed up and pitched. lol

In absolutely no way is Cervelli a nice option, either. Not a 2nd option, 3rd option, none of it. He's horriawful. Bring up The Jesus.