What does your team need to improve upon?

Pooh25

Chicago Bulls

• Position Needed: Shooting Guard

Why do we need SG?

-- Currently our two shooting guards are averaging less then 10 points a game COMBINED and that is dreadful. We need more points to compete from that position which is a clear weakness of ours currently and it is something the Chicago Bulls most improve upon. Also, I would like to ship out Keith Bogans because Coach Thibodeau is insanely in love with Bogans and does not care about the mistakes he makes, while he will not let our prospect James Johnson develop.

Feasible Replacements:

1) Courtney Lee: Inexpensive, is a good three point shooter, good defense, and was a starter for the Orlando Magic during their Final's visit.

2) J.R. Smith: Inexpensive, good 3 point shooter, good defense, but has attitude issues, but these attitude issues are severely overblown in my opinion.

Feasible Trades:

1) JJ, 1st round Pick For Courtney Lee

2) JJ, Bogans, 1st and/or 2nd Round Pick for JR Smith

Edited by TheGreatPoodhini1

• Owner

1) Turning the ball over

We do it too much, and it's probably our biggest problem right now. Bryant turns it over three times a game, and guys like Gasol and Odom seem to do it at the worst possible time during the game.

2) Perimeter defense needs work

We lean on our help defense way too much, which gets our bigs in foul trouble and gives Kobe the green light to roam all over the place, instead of him having to defend his own guy. When he (Bryant) has to close out on his man, he's in the paint or over by Fisher's assignment, and he just lets the shot go up. It doesn't help that Kobe's knee looks like a grapefruit, and Ron is playing the worst defense of his career.

3) No physical play

This is pointed at you, Gasol. Instead of fading away on your hooks, draw some contact first, gain some space. You aren't Kareem. Or, dunk the ball when you're under the rim. Don't hold the ball for 15 seconds when you get it in the post, either...teams aren't that scared of you, and if they don't double immediately, they aren't going to double. Play like you're a power forward, not a fragile forward.

4) Poor play from two starters

Ron Artest and Derek Fisher suck.

5) Other than Odom, no bench

Buzz Lightyear (aka Steve Blake) is worthless so far. Shannon Brown is getting worse from where he was in November. Luke Walton should've retired. Caracter plays when we're up 40 or down 40. Not even sure who else to talk about because everyone else is either injured (Barnes) or 50 years old (Ratliff).

I wouldn't really call JR Smith a "good defender". OP, the guy is extremely talented but probably has the lowest IQ in the league. I don't think the Bulls wouldn't want that type of player.

Team Needs- Center/ Back up SF (not so much when James Anderson comes back).

Anyway the Spurs can improve on a few things.

Defense

Currently 12th in the league, the Spurs defense is def not where it needs to be. The main problem is when Dejuan Blair or Matt Bonner are in the game. Opposing bigs just attack these players at will. Duncan is playing solid defense, but there is still room for improvement. The Spurs still lack a true lock down perimeter defender (I'm not sure they exist anymore though). Dick Jefferson has improved but is still not as good as I hoped. George Hill is also playing solid defense and is the Spurs best defender, but he is undersized and can't defend most SF's. Hopefully Pop can get this group to play better D.

Focus-

A lot of games it seems like the Spurs have no focus. They come out soft and play "down" to their opponents level. Eventhough they have the best record in the league they need to continue to keep the foot on the gas pedal. LA and Mavs are not to far behind and they can't afford to lose focus.

Duncan-

I know he has played the fewest minutes in his career, but it's getting close to that time where Timmy needs to start playing more minutes and look for his offensive game. In the playoffs the game will slow down and the Spurs are going to need "playoff" Duncan.

As far as team needs I still think the Spurs need a defensive minded big. Splitter was supposed to be the answer but he is getting the Pop rookie treatment, and I don't expect him to be in the playoff rotation. It pisses me off because Splitter has shown he can defend well against solid bigs. If Pop is not going to use Tiago the Spurs can't rely on Bonner and Blair. Hopefully they can find an inexpensive big to help against tall teams. Not sure who that is though......

All of the above. lol.

The Warriors need to work on defense obviously and bench play. Our depth is so weak with the current roster, but the bench should be able to produce much more than they are right now. The last game against Indiana, the Warriors didn't have a bench point til late in the third quarter.

I wouldn't really call JR Smith a "good defender". OP, the guy is extremely talented but probably has the lowest IQ in the league. I don't think the Bulls wouldn't want that type of player.

He's better then Keith Bogans for sure at defense. I agree that he has a very low IQ in the league, but we desperately need scoring from the SG position currently, because Bogans + Brewer are not averaging more then 10 points and that is UNACCEPTABLE from a SG position.

Interesting stat is the Bulls are 10-0 when Bogans scores more then 6 points. Yes JR smith will shoot some shots that are not likable, but it's okay because he can light it up with the best of them.

Brandon pretty much hit it right on the head. Defensively we have to do a better job defending the three point line and playing better pick and roll defense. The effort just isn't their for the full 48 minutes and we play defense in stretches and that isn't going to cut it. It's the simple things that this team needs to do like running out and contesting shots and getting back in transition. Pau especially needs to stop playing like a one dimensional player.

Bench play has been mediocre this whole season. Odom is the only guy who can produce on a game to game basis. Shannon Brown is way too inconsistent, he either does an excellent job scoring or struggles and makes bonehead plays. Steve Blake isn't the player that Laker fans were expecting and we need Matt Barnes back badly, Luke Walton sucks in every phase of the game.

Fisher and Artest get way to many open looks to not be effective. Kobe has done an excellent job facilitating this season, but neither of those guys have been productive. I have zero confidence in Artest to turn it around offensively, but it would be nice to get him to play defense like he did last season. As for Fish he's going to get torched every night, but he has got to make himself valuable by hitting open shots.

1. Toronto Raptors

2. Power Forward

3. Iguodala ;)

4. I think we would need to give away Weems, Amir Johnson, Wright and a 2nd round pick

What are you talking about?

The position that the Raptors are the strongest at is the power forward spot with Bargnani, Davis and Johnson all being solid players as well as guys like Dorsey and Evans (when healthy) who can give you a solid effort on the glass. Unless they are getting an All-Star caliber power forward, that is the last position that they should be looking to add to.

Iguodala is a 3rd option role player who makes borderline franchise player money. What exactly is he going to do to help the Raptors? Not only would he not be the wing scorer that the Raptors need, but he would eat up all of the cap space and flexibility that Colangelo has managed to create in the wake of Bosh leaving. Why throw all of that away for a player who isn't even good enough to get you into the playoffs in an absolutely [expletive]ty Eastern Conference? The last thing the Raptors should do at this point is throw away all of their flexibility for an overpriced veteran, especially one who isn't even good enough to get them into the playoffs.

Lastly, why trade away more draft picks? I know that it is only a 2nd round pick, but what exactly is the point in trading away 2nds when you are rebuilding? I can understand if it is a throw in when acquiring a decent young player (like a Bayless or something) but they shouldn't go around shopping any draft picks at this point in time.

Amir Johnson shouldn't be traded either, unless it is for a starting caliber small forward who can grow with this team. He has been the Raptors best all around player this season, is only 23 years old and is locked into a very reasonable long term contract, assuming he continues this kind of play (and there is nothing to suggest that he won't, unless it is him being even better). I couldn't care less about Weems or Wright, but there is no reason for them to actively shop Amir Johnson considering how valuable he is to this roster.

Do you enjoy being a fan of a perennial treadmill team or soemthing? Every single roster related post that you make seems to suggest that you enjoy being a fan of a team that will never, ever accomplish anything in this league.

• Like 2