Who would've been a better fit on the Heat?

Guest N/A

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know, it's hard to say. I always thought Bosh was the better individual scorer, but Amare is doing well this year, though he has Felton who is far better than any point Bosh played with. I still think Bosh is better, despite the down year he is having, especially on the glass. Amare and Wade/LBJ on the pick and roll could be devastating, but Bosh's mid range jumper at this point is just as useful/dangerous.

I think they both fit perfectly, just in different ways offensively. I like Bosh more i guess because I think he has a better jumper, and I still think he is the better defender/rebounder.

I think Amar'e would have been better because he's a better inside presence defensively. From what I've seen in NY, Amar'e may no be the best individual defender, but he's a great help defender and a good shot blocker.

Amar'e is a def a better shot blocker, but idk about one on one defender. He is better at help defense than Bosh though.

• 2 months later...

I think Amare would have been the better fit offensively, worse fit defensively. Amare has become as deadly as Bosh with the midrange jumper, but he's also much more aggressive around the rim, which is something the Heat desperately lack from their big men. Defensively, even though Amare is a better shotblocker, Bosh is a much better all-around defender, and fits pretty well within the Heat's defense.

I think Amare would have been the better fit offensively, worse fit defensively. Amare has become as deadly as Bosh with the midrange jumper, but he's also much more aggressive around the rim, which is something the Heat desperately lack from their big men. Defensively, even though Amare is a better shotblocker, Bosh is a much better all-around defender, and fits pretty well within the Heat's defense.

He's always had a better mid-range jumper than Bosh.

Amar'e is definitely the better player. The only thing Bosh has on Amar'e is he's a slightly better rebounder. Other than that, Amar'e is equal or better in every other aspect of the game...

• Owner

How did this topic get past me? I never saw it.

Bosh is my answer. Amare provides them with a more explosive offensive game, probably the man you want in pick and roll situations (and easily the one, if it's just between him and Bosh), but while the Heat are a good defensive team, they can use all of the defense they can get up front. Bosh is a better defender.

• 1 month later...

I think Amare is the better fit actually.. At least he's an ok back to the basket player (even though face up and PNR is his main talents).. Bosh is a face up player all day every day. No back to the basket play at all..