Report: Nets, Blazers talking Devin Harris

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Detroit+Pistons+v+New+Jersey+Nets+Pztbkdd4JJ0m.jpg

The Nets and Blazers have exchanged trade proposals regarding Devin Harris, sources tell the Bergen Record.

According to this report, the Nets want to move Harris whether they are involved in a Carmelo Anthony deal or not. The Nets "have been unhappy with Devin Harris' level of play and commitment to the team lately." Interesting. Harris would be a nice fit in Portland, giving them an uptempo point guard to run with their new core. The Nets would take back Andre Miller, Rudy Fernandez while giving Troy Murphy's contract to the Blazers. It's a deal to monitor next week.

----

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/basketball/Nets_Blazers_talking_about_Devin_Harris_deal.html

^^^ ur right

Andre Miller would be the centerpiece of whatever package New Jersey gets for Harris, but more players/picks are supposed to be involved. Former Blazers forward Travis Outlaw, Anthony Morrow and Troy Murphy — all of whom New Jersey just picked up last offseason — have been mentioned, as well as Portland’s Rudy Fernandez and Joel Przybilla.

----

http://dimemag.com/2011/02/nba-trade-rumor-devin-harris-to-portland-for-andre-miller/

It'll be interesting to see who actually goes because minus Morrow from the Nets side, the contracts don't match up at all, Portland would have to add in about 11 mil for it to be cap legal, which Camby's contract would be perfect, I just don't see us doing that at all, even if Morrow was added to the deal.

Blazers are suffering from all these injuries so it would definitely be beneficial for them to get a player like Harris. He's obviously not enough for this team to go far but it would help them especially since I don't Roy will ever be their leader again. Second of all, Andre Miller off the bench would be way better for Portland instead of seeing him play on the starting line-up. Alridge and Harris might be nice to watch as well.

Portland isn't suffering at all due to injuries, they're actually 5th in the West and have the longest current winning streak in the league.

And Miller wouldn't be coming off the bench for Portland as he'd be going to New Jersey. Plus, Andre Miller is a starter, he's NOT a bench player at all. There are just certain players in this league who you've got to start, he's one of them.

Blazers are suffering from all these injuries so it would definitely be beneficial for them to get a player like Harris. He's obviously not enough for this team to go far but it would help them especially since I don't Roy will ever be their leader again. Second of all, Andre Miller off the bench would be way better for Portland instead of seeing him play on the starting line-up. Alridge and Harris might be nice to watch as well.

Harris is one of the most injury prone pointguards in the league, while Miller is one of the least, so that makes 0 sense.

Harris is one of the most injury prone pointguards in the league, while Miller is one of the least, so that makes 0 sense.

It's true that he's very injury prone but I didn't mean it in that way. What I mean is that Devin harris would help the Blazers while he's healthy. I was just saying that Blazers were injured and Miller off the bench would be better than on the 5

Inconsistent would be a better word for it.

I think overrated works fine. He's not the best in terms of vision, passing, shooting, and is far too attack-centered to know how to run an offense. He's quick and can score which doesn't absolve him of his inability to run plays. He's more average than people want to believe.