Al Horford VS Brook Lopez

Hawks Fly High

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I take Al Horford ANY DAY. [expletive] Brook Lopez honestly... I mean.. he doesn't play defense and is a horrible rebounder. Al Horford is a very good defender and rebounder. Ok Brook is maybe better offensively but DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS AND GAMES

I take Al Horford ANY DAY. [expletive] Brook Lopez honestly... I mean.. he doesn't play defense and is a horrible rebounder. Al Horford is a very good defender and rebounder. Ok Brook is maybe better offensively but DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS AND GAMES

Since when does Brook Lopez not play defense? :lol:

It's pretty close but I'd the rebounding from C over the elite scoring. If they were both PF give me Brook but your C has to rebound.

Al Horford in a landslide. There's a reason Horford made the ASG the last two years instead of Lopez...

Because of the fans?

I take Horford as well but not by much. If Brook learns to rebound one of these days then he has it.

Because of the fans?

I take Horford as well but not by much. If Brook learns to rebound one of these days then he has it.

Horford didn't get voted in by the fans...He was a reserve both years.

You think that Doc Rivers and Stan Van Gundy don't know basketball?

lmao. Way to take that out of context.

I just think using All-Star game selections to prove that a player is better is a poor method.

Once again, I agree Horford is better but your reasoning is way off.

Edited by Guru™

lmao. Way to take that out of context.

I just think using All-Star game selections to prove that is a better player is a poor method.

Once again, I agree Horford is better but your reasoning is way off.

Honestly, I think Lopez is a better center than Horford is but Horford is a better overall player so he wins.

Horford's natural position is PF and he deserves to play there.

Horford's better for the reason Guru stated. If Lopez could give you 9 or 10 RPG then he'd be better, but I rather have Horford because of what he can give you on the glass.

Everyone acts like Lopez can't rebound. His last season and the season before that he put up eight rebounds per game. He got mono in the offseason and lost a ton of weight which you can clearly see which leads me to believe that once this offseason is finished and he's got the weight on again, he will easily be at least a 20 and 8 center which is good.

Everyone acts like Lopez can't rebound. His last season and the season before that he put up eight rebounds per game. He got mono in the offseason and lost a ton of weight which you can clearly see which leads me to believe that once this offseason is finished and he's got the weight on again, he will easily be at least a 20 and 8 center which is good.

Fair enough. But for a 7' Center 8 rebounds is still not very good. He needs to be a 20/10 guy.

Fair enough. But for a 7' Center 8 rebounds is still not very good. He needs to be a 20/10 guy.

Not really. I don't remember the last time we've had a seven footer put up more than 8 RPG and we have Kris Humphries, who is grabbing almost 10 RPG in 25 minutes which is at the top of the league.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hate to be redundant, but I am choosing Horford over Lopez because of his rebounds. Yes you can say Lopez has got 6 rebounds per game and that's enough, and I am fine with that as long as he is rebounding at a consistent rate. That is not the case.

When u r 7 foot, 5 rebounds are going to bounce your way every game... Rebounding is all about effort and fundamentals (foot work, positioning, timing) so I hate when I see someone a lot shorter work a lot harder to out rebound someone. The problem is Brook always had Robin on his team up until they were drafted... Robin worked hard and hustle and made life easy for Brook to just focus on scoring. Together they were almost unstoppable... Too bad Brook allowed himself to be lazy and let his bro grab all the boards and play great D growing up.

When u r 7 foot, 5 rebounds are going to bounce your way every game... Rebounding is all about effort and fundamentals (foot work, positioning, timing) so I hate when I see someone a lot shorter work a lot harder to out rebound someone. The problem is Brook always had Robin on his team up until they were drafted... Robin worked hard and hustle and made life easy for Brook to just focus on scoring. Together they were almost unstoppable... Too bad Brook allowed himself to be lazy and let his bro grab all the boards and play great D growing up.

How did Jason Kidd average so many rebounds for the Nets? Was Jason Collins being lazy letting him grab all the rebounds?

• Like 1